Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

It'd be cool to have a Flamewar out of the upcoming Arcee, a really interesting repaint/retool to be sure

2. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

It was amazing at the time. I took a look at at mine last year, first time I'd touched it and was so disappointed in the individual bots. They've come a long way since then.

3. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

I would like some new combaticons. I want a cartoon look swindle, where the vehicle front his chest as opposed to everything being folded onto his back. Always made me wonder why he was designed so differently to his toy, I might be wrong but as far as I remember I think he might be the only g1 character who literally has no likeness (aside from head) to his onscreen robot mode. Every other toy resembled them in design if not colour / head.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See that Road Rocket? I hope that's the truth. 1634089712-wreckers-octopunch.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

6. VectorOracle

VectorOracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's been theorized that Legacy Road Rocket'll be a retool of Legacy Arcee, and that comic's been using Legacy designs, so we might be able to assume that that's what Road Rocket (and by extension the new Prime Arcee, if she's being retooled into him) will look like.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Transform4Christ

Is Thunderclash in the works?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Not that we know of

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so. No leaks or anything yet, but considering his obvious repaint is Machine Wars Optimus Prime, I think it’s just a matter of time since they plan to do other Optimus versions.

• Like Like x 13
  10. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

Thunderclash might be in the next line, I think we all know he'd make a great Commander, along with a Titan class Tidalwave (seriously, not a fan of the UT but I mean come on, a lot of people really want it and I'm certainly not opposed to it).

Thunderclash even has a trailer that turns into a base with a turret, that's badass. And with the possibility of Machine Wars Optimus prime as a repaint it might not be too far off (judging by SG, they're aren't afraid to repaint Commanders) so I'm just trying to prepare my wallet.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Probably not. If anyone turns into the nemesis, itll be Tarn to match the faction logo face of the Ark

• Like Like x 5
  12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While that could be cool, I'd really prefer that if they make Tidal Wave a spaceship, it's more of a Space Battleship Yamato or SDF-1 Macross type of thing where it still looks kind of like a conventional Earth battleship or carrier. While I kinda prefer the design of the Yamato on its own (I have a thing for early-20th-century ships), I think something inspired by the Macross in particular could make a sick Tidal Wave:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  13. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

Ok, let’s try to clarify something...Waspinator, Shadow Panther and Tigatron are Wave 4. Pipes and Slammer are supposedly now called Wave 5, but I guess they’re more like 4.5 ? There was words of a Starscream repack at some point in this wave but we haven’t heard about that lately.

Legacy Wave 1 will be revealed at Pulsecon and people are saying those will be out Q2 (next spring).

So, do we know if there is a real wave 5 of Kingdom coming ? I don’t expect new figures, but surely a wave of only repacks make sense, don’t you think ? I doubt nothing would be released between Pipe/Slammer and the start of Legacy in spring . Any words of a repack wave ? Figures you think have a good chance of getting rerelease on the Kingdom banner ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    My prediction is that Wave 4 will be the last proper wave. There will be a ‘wave 5’ but it will just be some unreleased figures that sort of get put on shelves without a lot of fanfare.

But who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

15. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blaster is the only new figure meant to be coming, and he’ll be repacked in Legacy Wave 1. There was talk of Tarantulas & Breakdown being pulled forward, but from what I’ve seen it’s just Pipes, Slammer & Blaster now.

Then again Titans Return had a Wave 5 that was just repacks & Slugslinger, while Power of the Primes just had Firestar along with repacks too, so this seems par for the course at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Transform4Christ

What do you mean? There’s a Machine Wars Optimus Prime in the works?

17. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    As in, a hypothetical CHUG Thunderclash could be (again, hypothetically) repainted into MW Prime, and because of that repaint potential he could be more likely to show up because it's more profitable for Hasbro, compared to other bots who are more unique or don't have any known repaints/mould-mates.

• Like Like x 9
  18. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

After the last legal entanglement Hasbro had over a Macross figure, there's no way we're getting anything resembling anything from a Robotech property.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

if arcee and roadrocket are the same mold I believe the wheels will just be detachable like wreck-gar's. they might even split apart to be more compact for arcee, one splits to form the wheel bits on the back of the legs and maybe the other that goes on her back splits and contains her gun

20. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surely its a no brainer at this point. Fans have called for Thunderclash for ages and hes always had a major presence in the comics. With the new Wreckers comic and they have already used exsisting toys as a basis (wfc Hotshot and selects Richocet) so wouldnt be a stretch, same with what they said about Minerva being based on how she is in the new comic.

• Like Like x 4