Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I mean you can always give him a new head but I think the seeker mold is too specific and it would be a pretty lazy Needlenose. At least the Siege one could get a new chest flap to make him look that much less like an animation error

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

i really want new combiners. Redo superion with the limbs all being in the voyager price point, and make silverbolt a leader. Do the stunticons all as deluxes and make Motormaster a leader (or even commander to accommodate the engineering). Deluxe swindle, voyager brawl, voyager vortex, voyager blastoff, voyager/leader onslaught. Etc. etc. they made interesting scale between limbs work well with SS, and CW Devestator and I think they can do it with the main combiners as well.

• Like Like x 6
  3. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

This

• Like Like x 3
  4. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

I second this

• Like Like x 3
  5. SkwarpCracker

SkwarpCracker Member

Well we got a new leak today saying that we're getting a commander class Motormaster and the other limbs spread out in each wave that year, starting with Breakdown. Not sure how I feel about shelling out $80 for him though seeing as I'm not overly attached to him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

I reserve judgment till I see the figure. If it’s legit G1 MotorMaster with trailer incorporated into the robot... same scale as prime... this could be epic

• Like Like x 4
  7. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn’t the rumor that Commanders will be $100 after Rodimus?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I bet the base mode will be awesome!

I have CW Menasor, and later on I overpaid for UW. Oh well, I guess that is part of the game... I will gladly buy this!

I truly do like all the other combiners, it would suck to rebuy them all, but I guess they have to revisit them eventually right?

If I wanted a second redo of a combiner I guess it would be Bruticus? All the CW Combaticon figures were great, but more g1 accurate alt-modes would be nice.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the Stunticons and Menasaur are a little updated.
    They're kinda bland to me.
    Motomaster always looks good though
    Transformers_G1_Menasor.jpg Untitled-2-1024x379.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I'd like to see Hasbro do Energon combiners and Cyber Key gimmicks with modern engineering.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SkwarpCracker

SkwarpCracker Member

I haven't heard that one yet but I could see that happening if they stop making Titan class after the Ark.

12. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

wait where are you seeing this! That seems so awesome. Also love being right

Yeah they always had a bland look to them, that’s why I never got CW and just bought different continuity versions, prime wildrider etc. just much more interesting designs

for as menasor he has so many interesting designs they can do.
    CB762302-FB1F-40E6-A8CA-824B85CBD06E.jpeg 99591E3F-0714-4D18-B50A-814F50979902.jpeg 0003B83F-8BD0-49BB-9DF5-443C3C1A84BA.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stunticon mold re-paints. Discuss!

15. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime from Motormaster.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    We'll have base molds for two of the Torchbearers. Beyond that it's hard to say without seeing the figures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the end of the titan class and the new strategy with two commander class per year

What if they only make combiners as titan class BUT they sell each member separately like Studio Series Devastator ?

I mean, one of the commanders could be a big character and the other could be the leader of the combiner, so you don't need to sell a expensive boxset... even earn more money because some parents could buy individual members because the kid like the vehicle

18. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

I never thought I would be so stoked for MotorMaster! Combiner Wars Prime was made from him, so maybe we do get a PowerMaster Optimus Prime retooled. I know The Constructicons were discussed and I bet they do get revisited (please). SS'86 did "overwhelmingly well" so I could see them popping up in a future installment. I was also ecstatic for their response about Titans - we will see more I think. The next trilogy and Studio Series has me pretty optimistic.

Was Thunderwing a Pretender? I never had him as a kid, but would love to see him.

While I do get the frustration of not getting a certain character design this is a feeble argument at best. Is there someone at Hasbro leaving UT figures on the cutting room floor in favor of less popular G1 toys? Ever see all the Funko Armada toys, or RED? Or lunchboxes and posters? Me neither. If the UT cartoons weren't hot trash then maybe things would be different, I will buy some Armada updates, but the G1 cartoon and comics began and defined the franchise.

Transformers fans are varied and Hasbro is hitting multiple beats going forward. Hasbro found a winning formula though that scratched an itch for people who hadn't bought Transformers in ages or Marvel Legends fans who saw a comparable line (finally) for Robots in Disguise. The more successful it is, the more we will see different versions. Case in point, I am psyched for Rhinox and have no use for Beast Wars. Dinobot is calling to me as well. That's what good toys do. Be patient, I think a lot of stuff will be coming through.

19. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    another menasor o no please , another combiner wars no thanks give me armada optimus prime i dont want another menasor i want armada optimus prime with super mode at comander price , i want a 2 pack of optimal optimus vs dragon megatron in titan class

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave1
    Turantulas
    Stunticon
    Armada figure (complete guess)
    Kingdom repack (complete guess)

Leader Galvatron
    Voyager SS Swoop
    Leader Starscream

• Like Like x 2