Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. nortran11

nortran11 Active Member

Instagram:
    Damn! YES TO ALL THE ABOVE! And also a re-release of Earthrise Prowl and Ironhide so we don't have to pay scalpers prices for a couple figures. Freaking Skids man...PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY! Maybe an Omnibot thrown in for good measure.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I think we will for sure get Skids in 2022. He completes the season 2 car bots and has plenty of easy repaints for selects.

Sureshot and point blank are trickier and I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them get a real figure and the other just be a repaint like we saw with Crosshairs.
    Brawn and Gears would be mainline releases.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I feel like a transforming Titan Nemesis' robot mode would be how Hasbro finally homages IDW Tarn in a toy line.

... And that's based entirely on dudes face being a Decepticon badge - like how the Ark homages The Last Autobot, whose face was basically the Autobot badge.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, i had hoped cyberverse would have at least given us tarn as he was in the cyberverse cartoon. Sure it was used in the vehicon way but hey its something.

• Like Like x 4
  5. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    There’s live action movies figures, Beast Figures, there’s Cyberverse figures out right now. Armada and Prime stuff is coming next year. A new movies and cartoons are coming out in the next few years, There’s a lot of variety and theres going to be a lot more.

They hit peak g1 in the past three years. Anything Sunbow inspired will be whatever they didn’t get to which isn’t a lot.

The Fallen seems like a better choice...

The First Decepticon vs The Last Autobot
    D631DDEA-8A5D-4439-B557-4F65E67F3408.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I could see them retooling Sureshot into Joyride

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I agree with you and that was my first thought. Ultimately I went with Tarn just because I have no idea where Hasbro is at with the character of The Fallen these days. They pivoted really hard into just calling him Megatronus and making him look more and more like a regular angry dude.

But like you said, First Decepticon v. Last Autobot would be extremely thematic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Dinoforce attack!

I'd be down for that to unite all the Universes into one, and not have a million different characters all named Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. Just update their bodies as they age from series to series but be the same character from other series. Maybe stop rebooting every few years and just have one long continuous story arc, so whatever happens actually matters to everything else in the franchise. I'm not the only one getting burned out on reboots trying to reinvent the wheel over and over again am I? Sometimes it works, but most of the time it is not an Improvement. I think Transformers should connect their stories more like Star Wars does with that franchise for the fans to be at peace and the material to stay fresh.

Maybe I could finally get some unreleased Tranformers Animated characters quicker that way like Wasp.

• Like Like x 4
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    As I've mentioned before there's no reason why Hasbro can't just find a way to balance pleasing both the G1 and non G1 fans. I mean Kingdom is a good example of making sure both parties are kept happy by giving them the updates to characters we've been waiting for all this time so if Hasbro just continues that model it'd be a win win for everyone. Otherwise Hasbro will only shoot itself in the foot in the long run because of the many potential markets it'll miss out on by only focusing on one or two eras.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

a tarn homage would be the natural conclusion if I’m being honest

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

They should do Skids to finish the cartoon bots, and from there they should have some decent molds to choose from for Omnibots repaints.

As much I want unique molds for Omnibots it probably wouldn’t happen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ddg studios

I feel like windblade really deserves a final go in the WFC style in new generations lines. If they can pull off a good windblade without a giant backpack I'd be impressed. It really is strange because from 2013-2018 she was basically part of the big three in media (Optimus and bumblebee) and now besides cyberverse she's basically absent from mainstream media, which honestly is a shame

• Like Like x 1
  13. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

I think this would be awesome! My question is how? Like with Star Wars it’s all built around the films, and everything branches off and fits in, and if someone who has never seen SW wants to see what’s up with it they can spend a week and watch the movies, and then start watching the shows and reading the comics. The comics, while awesome and even important, sometimes feel trapped when they try to tell stories set between the movies. Even Star Wars had a semi reboot with the whole Disney acquisition and Legends becoming a different continuity. I see something similar with marvel and dc comics. As awesome as good continuity is, it just becomes almost impossible for new fans to jump in when there are hundreds of new comics a year, and that’s why they reboot their comics.Even if there’s just 12 comics a year and only one series in year it can still get convoluted if there’s also a tv show with 20 episodes and new movies and keep this going for a few years and then it’s just more difficult for new fans to jump into the series. Just take IDW and their two continuities for example. I want it, but in the long run it might not be the best. Sure it’s been done before, Doctor Who, Star Trek, they were able to have years of tv and comics and movies that have the same continuity. But it’s kind of the same thing, it’s a lot easier to start watching a show with 2-3 seasons out then starting at season one and knowing there’s like 40 more. Obviously it’s not impossible, and if the MCU tv shows are big hits and tie into the movies it really could be how other brands act in the future. I think it would be amazing, but not really possible right now

• Like Like x 1
  14. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick question, I think leakers have stated Armada Anniversary stuff is in serious consideration if Kingdom does well. Is this in the credible pile or pure speculation pile?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The next trilogy, 2022-2024, is said to have BW, Armada and Prime in the waves if nothing has changed. Although they only get 40%-50% to share while more G1 characters get the rest (and hopefully not more version of the big G1 ones).

• Like Like x 4
  16. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll look for the original statements then for more context. Good to see that there may be variety of lines mixed in.

17. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Transformers Prime with Arcee in proper scale this time.
    Post Rebirth Japan MasterForce...ect./G1 Marvel Comics versions of characters
    Continue Beast Wars with Season 2-3 characters.

in reverse order
    Prime season 1 should be at the end if it sells keep going

18. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really wanna get Demolisher and Tidalwave and some Minicons from Armada but I dont want to pull the trigger on it incase the Armada rumor is true.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

something that sucks is that i've become burnt out on g1 stuff so the next trilogy is going to be 50-60% of stuff i just don't care about, at least we're actually getting stuff outside of g1

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ddg studios

Hey you’ll be saving money

We do need a new prime arcee badly. Make her a small deluxe simply because the enginnering (even though figures like rattrap are crazy complex) in core class just isn’t enough to make that work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3