Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. AceEdent

AceEdent It's not an accident

It's not a casette door if the little guys ARE BOMBS, Galaxy force rise up, but a Van could have heavy equipment as the little bots

2. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    If Ransack is the G1 guy redecoed/retooled from Kickback, that would be cool. I'd be more interested in a Diaclone colored 3-pack once all three classic Insecticons come out, but I can't say no to the bandai Insecticons either.

I don't have the greatest attachment to any version of Ransack, but if the Worlds collide pack is anything to go off, than we'd have a "Bumblebee" (Goldbug in this case), a toy colored Predacon, another Predacon, and a G1 Decepticon beast.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably not something most people would be interested in, but I'd really love an IDW-inspired Cybertronian Blaster remolded from Siege Soundwave. While his alt mode wouldn't be 100% identical, I think it could definitely be reworked to look a bit like this, and at least not be less coherent than Soundwave's:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

It would be the most awesome thing if Kickback was just a redeco of Ransack.
    Kickback was always just one of the three guys and I'm really only interested in the Deluxe Insecticons.

Like others said: Ransack has the superior design anyway, so Kickback would only benefit from being a redeco of Ransack

• Like Like x 1
  5. ArkinDotWav

News Credits:
    First: That's not gonna happen. Kickback is gonna be Kickback, and at most, Ransack would be a retool of him. Best case scenario would've been Ransack and the other deluxe Insecticons getting new molds, but since they're old bandai figures, that likely won't happen.

Second (and to be fair, this only really would apply if the above wasn't already a given, but..): Fuck no. The Insecticons are my favorite Decepticons and one of my absolute biggest wants, specifically the diaclone ones, because I'm not the biggest fan of the bandai designs. I would be absolutely pissed off if they gave us Shrapnel and Bombshell, while going off the rails and making Kickback (who is just barely behind Bombshell for me with favorite design) look nothing like himself.

Again, the second statement only really would apply if the first statement wasn't an obvious factor. But I don't know, I guess I'm just really irrationally defensive about the Insecticons or something, so that's just me.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the deluxe Insecticons getting top billing over the main trio of Insecticons is never going to happen. I assume Ransack, Chop Shop, and Barrage will be retools of Kickback, Shrapnel, and Bombshell respectively. This makes me wonder if we'll even get Venom. I like the Deluxe Insecticons, but they're basically non-characters compared to the other three unless you had a couple of those old "See & Read" VHS tapes. I think that was the only place the Deluxe Insecticons ever got any characterization. I suppose best-case scenario since it appears they're going the retool route for the other three is Venom does manage to get his own mold.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Kickback happens to be my personal favorite. I wouldn't start a war or anything, but anything but a faithful representation would bring me disappointment on par with Earth mode Mirage not having a shoulder canon. Ooh! But if there's a spare "Ran over my head" head as an accessory, I'd even forgive their error with Mirage (...temporarily).

8. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

First. That's not gonna happen. Kickback is an obscure toon character whom nobody cares about. You'll be lucky if he gets to keep his name.
    Bombshell and that other guy are major characters, but their buddy Kickback is a nobody.
    Nobody cares about Kickback enough to want him to be slavish to his on screen appearance because he never did anything of any meaning on screen.

Second. Ransack objectively has the superior design. Where Kickback looks like... nothing, Ransack looks like an actual grasshopper. This being the age of beasts, Hasbro will focus on alt mode accuracy and that is where Ransack shines. While Ransack is recognisable as a grasshopper at first glance, children will be confused about Kickback's shape and leave the toy on shelves. Hasbro knows that making Kickback a redeco of Ransack will make him more recognisable to kids and parents, thus ensuring larger sales.
    In robot mode too, Ransack looks far more visually appealing and has more detailing than Kickback.

Thirdly. If the other Deluxe Insecticons are going to make an appearance it stands to reason that it would be easier to make Bombshell and that other guy redecoes of Barrage and Shop Chop.

And lastly. The toon Insecticons were never deluxe sized. The size class is intended for the Deluxe Insecticons and we are obviously all looking forward to seeing these guys get their first new toys since the eighties.
    The toon Insecticons? Not so much. But it would be nice if they are good redecoes.

I also want to make special mention of the fact that I meticulously researched all of these opinions with painstaking methodology. You are obviously wrong, but it pleases you to recognize that you are wrong with good reason.
    You will take great joy in realizing with what detail you were proven wrong, as you are a person who is overjoyed to meet with intellectual brilliance.

That is all.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Beauman

Beauman Banned

That is all :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

So say we all?

11. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

Man that was something. @Jtprime17 @wreckgar39 @CactusReporter Is this four pack coming out via Target and what’s the deal with Silverstreak? Is he separate from the 2 Red Card exclusives or one of them? And when is this all coming out? Next year?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  12. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Got in my Tricranius a minute ago and found out Russell Davies is taking Dr Who back over. It's been a good ten minutes.

Someone tell me TM Megatron is coming, I'm on that sort of roll.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Metroplex[IH]

[​IMG]
    :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    after rereading I’m like 99% sure this was bait/ a joke. I am stupid.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I want new mold Deluxe Insecticons more than anything right now, but we all know they’re going to be retools of the traditional trio. Venom is iffy… I can see him being a bigger retool of Kickback/Ransack, I guess. Just so long as we get a nice new toy of him. He’s the leader, after all.

And we need Beet Papil/Glowstrike!

• Like Like x 7
  16. ArkinDotWav

News Credits:
    There's way too much ass backwards logic for him to be serious. He also has a bit of a reputation on top of that.

It's not funny, he's never funny, but whatever.

• Like Like x 10
  17. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Nah I agree. The reason I fell for it at first was it didn’t seem funny lmao. Too much, but I could see somebody making similar points lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    I'd rather take this than people arguing about Hot Rod's knees on the back of his car mode.

What 2 pack? Forgive me I'm a bit dumb.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Metroplex[IH]

I thought it was kinda funny... but I wish he'd used the blue text. Not worth triggering people unnecessarily.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mammon give it to me

Mammon give it to me Banned

I had to work overtime and struggled to get my kids from school in time. Getting dinner ready was a rush.
    I finally get a moment to sit down now and I'm completely wiped. But I am overjoyed that I got to meet with intellectual brilliance.

• Like Like x 3