Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

I’m gonna take a guess and say Beast Wars could be the next Line. Since next year is the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars and I’d really love to see hasbro do a commemorative series. I’d also really would love an updated generations BW Dinobot.

• Like Like x 4
  2. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    That would be awesome if Hasbro actually did this but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Hasbro constantly rehashes the first two years of G1. I can only think of six characters, off of the top of my head, from the 1986 film and subsequent seasons 3 and 4 that have gotten figures in Generations in the last six years. It’s like Hasbro is afraid to venture away from the core 1984-1985 cast. Earthrise could’ve started off with some late G1 and Japanese G1 characters, but what does the first wave mostly consist of? That’s right. Characters from the core ‘84-85 cast.

Even if G1 still gets some figures here and there, in the event that another show gets a mainline release (which I’m sure won’t happen for a good long while), G1 fans will still be unhappy, not gonna lie. And I think non-G1 fans are pretty unhappy about there being almost no content from the shows they grew up with because G1 has dominated this franchise for the last six years.

Honestly, I can’t blame people for wanting a break from G1. Its completely dominated the brand for the last six years or so and Hasbro has shown no signs that they intend to move on to another show anytime soon. That is why my expectations for the next line, after the WFC trilogy concludes, are insanely low. I would love to see some Armada or RID2001 figures, but I won’t be surprised if Hasbro just rehashes G1 again. I’ll be disappointed, but not surprised.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    As a diehard G1 fan, I've been sick of it for awhile now.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

marvel comic accurate figures, I both want it and think people would yell at me for suggesting it

• Like Like x 2
  5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I grew up in G1, and learned to appreciate all the subsequent lines. Though l could never get into BeastWars stuff l really liked Energon and Cybertron.
    I would like to see some of those guys tackled in modern interpretation and engineering.
    Would love to see some Cybertron era figures get the MP treatment.

6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the toyline after part 3 is yet another god damned G1 rehash, it'll most likely join Siege and Earthrise on my list of "skipped most of".

• Like Like x 4
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Considering that there's an upcoming WFC character named "Alternate Universe Optimus Prime", as well as the loads of worldbuilding involved so far in the WFCT, the main Generations line is all but confirmed to be one giant G1 continuity in and of itself. To make matters worse, Studio Series is made under the Generations banner, so Hasbro can still comfortably use the term "Generations" to refer to the two continuities. =/

But it's all the more reason I think we'll get Beast Wars and UT lines separately from the others.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

you know...It's kinda tiring with this notion of: "1984 bad" but hey there's always that generational tug of war. Personally i really don't care what happens aslong as we finish g1, as in the 88-90 losers I love and ramble about. I sorta feel like it's a bit early to speculate about post wfc but hey I'm not the guy who started this thread

• Like Like x 2
  9. Verno

Verno Temp Banned

News Credits:
    There is a clear appetite within the community for Generations Beast Wars figures. This is evidenced by speculation threads such as this. Whenever they pop up, Beast Wars is invariably the front-runner in terms of want by the fandom.
    • We had a taste of what could be back in 2014
      • And have been hungry for more ever since but made to wait
    • The 20th Anniversary sailed past without so much as a mention
      • In direct contrast to the 10th Anniversary which was warmly celebrated
    • We've demonstrated we're here by the recent Power of the Primes vote
    I don't buy the either/or arguments. "G1 sells so why change the formula?" or "G1 needs to take a break!". There is plenty of room for everyone, it's just that 'everyone' currently isn't getting a look in, which is leading to frustration within the fandom.

WFC: Siege had something like 50 retail releases, plus a wealth of Exclusive and Selects offerings. WFC: Earthrise is on target for something similar. As a trilogy, we're looking at in excess of 200 releases.

Personally, I feel the stars are aligning for 2021, as Hasbro can capitalise on the 25th Anniversary to help promote and sell new Generations Beast Wars figures. 2021 is also the 35th Anniversary of Transformers: The Movie. As I've mentioned before in other threads, Rodimus and Galvatron are suspicious in their absence from the War For Cybertron Trilogy to date. Clearly, these big G1 names have been held back to be released as part of anniversary celebrations. If Hasbro are doing that for big G1 characters, it makes sense for them to do it for Beast Wars characters too.

Post-WFC, I'm hoping to see a mix of characters continue in each toyline. G1 will always be represented. It has 10,000 characters, so it's hard to ignore (plus they have characters that are adabltable for whatever the gimmick/theme of a toyline is). But alongside them, mix in (in greater numbers than is currently so) some Unicron Trilogy figures, some Beast Machines Vehicon figures, some Animated figures... Make it all one big universe, where anyone and everyone can show up.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

also you know beast wars is g1 no matter how many times the random 40 year old scream in their basement about it being wrong

I'd enjoy some sort of car robot rid love, but I don't feel like that would happen. I mean if I somehow took over john hasbro's body we would be seeing pcc and 2010 homages, but you know, my childhood is the one that doesn't matter

• Like Like x 3
  11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Aye, that's what it seems like Hasbro's doing. Hope they dive in harder to other realms of the TF lore for the "WFC" continuity.

• Like Like x 4
  12. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I don't really buy a lot of Generations figures so I'm not really the target audience, but I'd love to see them tackle Euro G1 and G2. There's a handful of characters from that time period I'd LOVE to see updated.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

I've been wanting this for several years. A cartoon with multiple plot-lines running concurrently for a larger cast. Every character from every Transformer line could be viable. Throw them together into a huge pot with new characters and draw as needed for story development. Everyone is viable.

I don't see how else I am going to get the Generations update to BWII Galvatron I've been craving.

• Like Like x 4
  14. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I would really love a Titan Class Grandus and a Titan Class Galaxy Shuttle! Sky Lynx is great but I'd really like to have a HUGE Space Shuttle and Grandus would be a great complement to Metroplex and Omega Supreme among others, it's time to end the discrimination or exclusion or whatever you want to call it FB_IMG_1570317001541.jpg FB_IMG_1569370681819.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, your failure to mention JG1 will be your undoing.

Put me down as someone who would like to see something different. A mix of Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy, or my preference, something entirely new. I don’t buy entire lines, I’m chapter driven in my collecting, so what I like to see is a reimagining of characters, be they modern updates or mere homages. I’m all for a WFC styled Deathsaurus, Thunderwing or Bludgeon, and indeed still hopeful some or all of those are in the pipeline, but otherwise I’m ready for something new.

And something new and different is what I think is needed after WFC. A palette cleanser if you will. I would be completely happy to see something like Animated. Something that takes the familiar, but presents it in new and original ways that no one expects.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I don't see them getting rid of g1, most people don't argue that, I feel like what most people suggest of a mix of everything as a Universe war trilogy, working title. Could be pretty fun. Aslong as we get good toys I'm happy, maybe this trilogy could have clashing aesthetics from everywhere

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

But I’d love to see Updated generations Euro G1 figures like my main bots Boss & Stalker

• Like Like x 4
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Fully articulated Generations Thunderclash and Skyquake would be welcome for me, ripe for Selects Machine Wars Prime and Starscream that way!

• Like Like x 4
  19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    To be fair Earthrise doesn't make sense to put newer guys in. From a thematic point of view and business one. The third part is where I expect to see more late era G1 stuff.

Plus... we're only three waves in and already it's quite deviated from the '84-'86 cast. Micromasters are all late G1 guys, and wave 3 deluxes have a bunch of '89 movie stuff in it.

I'm confident of the idea that WfC part 3 is gonna be a "Battle for Earth" theme which is just gonna be '89 and later guys. Makes sense to do that.

I can only speak for myself. I have no interest in anything newer than G1 but I'm not saying it shouldn't be represented as well. But my worry is that Hasbro course corrects too much and cuts off the stuff I like in service of others. Two wrongs don't make a right.

That being said it seems very likely that BW is up next anyways. Break time for me but have at it when it comes. Considering that Hasbro is more willing to move with fan desires it seems unlikely that Hasbro will snub other series for much longer than WfC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I don't think Beast Wars or Unicron Trilogy would completely dominate 1 line... they might get the focus, but I think G1 fans will always be given a few figures every year.

• Like Like x 4