Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Maybe bigger feet though
    Have I just not been around long enough to recognize you as an infamous troll or have you just started doing this?

2. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FUZORS CONFIRMED OMG

• Like Like x 6
  3. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Hopefully.

4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    !!

Right. Well. One of them then.

That’s unkind.

GREAT NEWS, EVERYONE. SOMEONE TELL @Verno

• Like Like x 7
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hilarious. But you realize some idiot is going to see this and think it's real right? :lol  Actually, that makes it all the more amusing...

• Like Like x 13
  6. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Given all the cool new molds we're getting I'm wondering what gen selects will look like, how long do you think it'll be before that stuff starts leaking?

• Like Like x 4
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see absolutely no evidence to that effect.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Natant17

Natant17 Well-Known Member

It's kind of weird that we don't seem to be getting nearly as many selects for kingdom as we did with Earthrise, or even Siege. Have there been any leaks regarding those? (Sorry if this is the wrong thread.)

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Depends on when wave one is slated to drop at retail. If it follows the typical pattern and wave one is going to drop in December/January we could start seeing wave one of Evolution figures leaking to the "five-finger discount chain" as early as October/November. That said there's also the fact that Kingdom is supposed to be getting expanded into a fifth wave which is going to be a best of kind of deal plus an early release of Blaster similar to how Astrotrain got a release in both Siege and Earthrise. So that could push wave one of Evolution back a bit and effect when the usual suspects get their "five-finger" figures.

10. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cos the Intel we get is very reliable and detailed? I remember questioning Apollux about Tigatron and eventually had a 90% understanding of how he'd turn out and he did turn out that way

As for the new TFP Figures, I must say, I'm not thrilled, but I can't image if I'd like them or not. That their G1-ification extends to their headsculpts does concern me gravely though. I really don't mind reimaginings all that much, but when the headsculpt is off I do shiver. I still can't forgive Hasbro for what they did to Rhinox. That just isn't Rhinox. Desperately waiting for a 3P head, going crazy if it never happens

Concept art for legacy Knockout leaked:
    upload_2021-8-16_21-30-53.png
    Transformers Legacy: Knockout by CyRaptor on DeviantArt

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. bipedalfish

bipedalfish arcee and sky lynx fan

1) i personally have no interest in bw inferno, but it would be cool if they redecoed him into antagony
    2) if combaticons will succeed, i hope they'll make new constructicons with more articulation and details. i would also love for them to be sold separetely, so that i could get them one at a time, rather than one box i can't afford
    3) recently i though of a possibility to customize potp jazz into g1 ko. with the above descriptions i assume he'll look something similar to that idea :p 
    4) the artist for the upcoming wreckers comic gave a big hint that minerva is based on the new toy, so it's probably safe to assume she'll look something like this:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  12. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Eh, still can’t imagine judging how something looks without seeing it first hand. I mean it might not be super accurate but dismissing it outright because of that seems weird. Idk maybe just me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

@Apollux partner, have you heard anything on a possible TM2 Dinobot figure in the future? :popcorn 

14. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping wingfinger gets a new skull that has more of a crest, since the one we've got is based on a Quetzalcoatlus

Attached Files:

15. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Not just you. But it's just that some people need the characters they feel most nostalgic about, to be at least somewhat faithful to how they appeared on screen.
    Which are you passionate about? G1 maybe? Imagine the next and possibly only new version of G1 Optimus to look like Armada Optimus, or Netflix Bumblebee done up like Cyberverse.
    This does seem to be the equivalent of that, not exaggerating. Bulkheads alt Mode is completely off, robot mode physique is off, robot asthetics are off and even key details are completely different. No shoulder pads, but tires on bis shoulders, long legs with wheels like Optimus on the side of his legs. Overall blocky, not curvy, the chest is the truck cab instead of the doors. This is incredibly far off from the source material and more like a complete reimagining. I can 100% understand TFP lovers to already be in tears

It would have broken my heart, had Kingdom Cheetor turned out like the Cyberverse Deluxe

• Like Like x 6
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Me personally, I'm not a huge fan of the prime designs. They're alright, but a bit weirdly proportioned. So, I don't mind Generations style on them.

What kinda pisses me off, until I see how different they are, is that Optimus and Bulkhead share Bodys. I can't get over that. Makes me wanna get only one of them :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. HAZARDZONE

HAZARDZONE Well-Known Member

I am SICK AND TIRED of the strict G1 aesthetics of the past 6 lines, other then the Beast bots, all of the bots were heavily G1 styled , I belive the only one of the vehicle bots not G1 styled was War for Cybertron Cybertron optimus, the one based on galaxy force, I can not wait for the legacy line, but the more and more I hear about the non g1 characters going into a more g1 style, I get mildly annoyed. If they want a more unified look, then possibly make it like mid 2000 generation figures, make them mildly gritty, no movie levels of detail, but as if they were Robots and not character models for a show. Though, the minerva for the comics does looke good and if this is based on the nightbeat figure, I might be fine the aesthetics, just please done make Knockout a deadend lookalike or bulk look like grapple

• Like Like x 2
  19. Beastchanger

Beastchanger Well-Known Member

You know, the pterosaur have such a wide verity of heads Hasbro can use for a retool Wingfinger. Some of them are weird and unusual like the Nyctosaurus.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. IMAINCORRIN121

IMAINCORRIN121 Well-Known Member

I agree I think animated and prime need love