Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

When Core Class Nemesis Prime got revealed with the Axe, didn't someone hint that we'd be seeing that Axe in normal Prime colors at some point? What if this is core class prime with some added accessories?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    Not well REDs still exist. Hasbro won't release a toy that competes against themselves
    Reaction and ultimates target audience.
    Three zero and flame toys are a unique audience

• Like Like x 3
  3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Also Action Masters aren't good toys

• Like Like x 3
  4. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    I would say they aren’t good Transformers toys. Give any other non-transforming action figure toy line weapons/vehicles that transform and that is cool, but taking away the transforming function of Transformers then that makes a bad toy.

Also imagine the outrage on this website from the Pretenders fans if Action Masters start getting faithful updates? “Oh you won’t make pretender shells but you will make non-transforming transformers??” All 9 of the Pretender fans would be very upset

• Like Like x 13
  5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i used to think the same way, but thinks like trumpeter, furai models and r.e.d. has changed my mind.

6. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

The thing with G1 is they super simplified the models, and we've had decades of watching designers contort these toys into pretzels to try and make them look show/comic accurate while also transforming. Everything from excess kibble to faux parts.

I can understand the desire to just get an action figure that looks like the thing from the show. That's not how I roll, but I get the imputus.

And I'd still be down for a non-transforming G1 Megatron that was voyager sized.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Foster

News Credits:
    I could even see deluxe G1 Optimus Prime potentially being a core class PMOP, opening the way for big characters that scale core: Ultra Magnus, Marvel Scorponok and Fort Max, etc.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I personally don’t see anything wrong with “non-transforming Transformers”. What’s wrong with RED is that (from my experience at least) they were below other 6-inch action figures.

• Like Like x 4
  9. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    That’s my problem also. There’s nothing really about them that does anything better than transforming figures (unlike say TZero, Flame Toys, or Yolopark) also just not great quality.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

So what’s the deal with Marvel Soundwave and the Breakdown variant? Would really love to get some hard info on them!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Denbacoe

Denbacoe Well-Known Member

I think Core Prime with a trailer is probably the most likely option (although I think maybe it'll have a few other accessories since I'm still not sure if a core figure plus a trailer similar in complexity to the Earthrise mold to that scale really adds up to Deluxe) but I think Action Master Prime could at least be a good test for the gap of characters that would still have to be in mainline but don't transform, namely off the top of my head Miko and Sari, plus we could get new figures of characters who otherwise might not fit anywhere else like Banzaitron. Granted I don't know if that is enough to really justify a test since that's just 3 figures but it could be neat to see

12. Denbacoe

Denbacoe Well-Known Member

The Breakdown variant I think last we heard is supposed to be Buzzworthy and they probably will reveal Soundwave later with Nacelle and Nova since they're all in the Amazon subline

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I hope the Amazon Capsule reveals don't end up like the Toxitron line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dreary opinions are dreary

• Like Like x 4
  15. Foster

News Credits:
    I'll double down on it too. The only fun part about Action Masters, and I have a complete 1990 set, are the partners and vehicles. Without those, these are GI Joes in cosplay.

• Like Like x 4
  16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Great. Thank you for the update.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Any actionmaster updates should be done at proper size and actually be transformable. If you want to leave it in robot mode more power to you. The red line should die a horrible screaming death.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

why are you so mad about it

• Like Like x 3
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, same. RED just doesn't live up to the standards of Hasbro's other 6" action figures lines. I expected better from the company that made GI Classified, Marvel Legends, etc. I actually rather like the idea of screen-accurate non-transforming Transformers figures, but RED doesn't execute it well at all.

That said; I'm not sure I agree with the theory of this G1 Deluxe Optimus Prime listing being an Action Master homage that won't transform. Even if he's a tall deluxe he'd still be shorter than all of the G1 Primes we've already got since the start of Siege. What happened? Did the Nucleon not only take away Prime's ability to transform but also shrink his height? I think if it's not something off the wall like Alligator Optimus (easy pretool for a new Skullcruncher whether it's G1, Cyberverse, or Earthspark), Primal bat done up as G1 Prime, IDW "super cop" named Optimus instead of Orion (what was his alt mode in that body anyway?)... then the most likely candidate in my mind is something that scales with the core class either being just the core Prime repacked with a newly tooled trailer and other extras or a core Powermaster Optimus Prime. The latter of which would seriously piss me off that we'd get a new Powermaster Prime in core scale before a proper Commander class was done of the design. :lol 

Honestly, this G1 Prime listing is intriguing, because 1) they usually don't label G1 stuff as G1 since it's considered the default universe, and 2) unless they're suddenly going back and ignoring scale it has to be an Optimus Prime design that would make sense as at least a large deluxe. And to be clear I don't think any theory currently is a bad one despite what I said above... I just don't find the Action Master theory to work very well for the reasons I stated above and the fact that RED exists.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Foster

News Credits:
    And if they come with the animal partners/skateboards/helipacks even better!

• Like Like x 4