Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it not a earth mode though, so he doesn't need a earth mode version

2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good.
    Those Combiners were too small. Partsforming lets you keep the scale of both individual and combined mode.

• Like Like x 4
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Sure, if you want to go that route. But Siege Crosshairs does not have the alt mode that G1 Crosshairs did regardless. Yes, he still needs an update as well.

I didn't mean the Combiner Wars combiners. I meant whatever new ones Hasbro releases. The CW ones most likely doesn't count any more, as they weren't modeled after the G1 combiners. (meaning they took too many artistic liberties for them to look like their G1 variants)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Man, the more I hear about this Menasor, the more concerned I am for the future of combiners ngl

• Like Like x 5
  5. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t care about partsforming too much. If the result is a combiner that looks good, and the figures that make it look good individually in robot and vehicle mode, I’m good with it (oh and it should be fun to mess around with). Very excited to see what the future of combiners looks like!!

• Like Like x 6
  6. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    Plus if it's made to look like the cartoon they can only do so much for a cartoon that cheated literally all the time.

• Like Like x 12
  7. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s true. I feel like they’re going to try to go as G1 accurate as possible and I hope it’s not a hinderance.

• Like Like x 5
  8. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I mentioned them in my preferring the Autobot Targetmasters first?

Also, WHile some people throw out crazy suggestions about Mirage and Wheeljack repaints, I don't feel there are any good moulds to easily repurpose for Pointblank and Sureshot.

Ultimately Sureshot should get a new mould that can be reused for Ruckus and Joyride.

I would say that they are the same height and not Minibot height.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only thing I’m hoping for with menasor is he doesn’t look like a giant man with cars glued on to him

• Like Like x 6
  10. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    If Legacy Menasor introduces a new combining system, they'll probably change the Combiner height so Hasbro can pressure everyone into replacing all their combiners over the coming years.

• Like Like x 14
  11. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

I'm so ready for a proper Crosshairs, Sureshot, and Pointblank.
    Retools don't cut it. These guys have too distinct designs for that. But I do think they could be used as the basis for a few other late G1 characters toys.

• Like Like x 4
  12. CeramicPigs

CeramicPigs Well-Known Member

I don't see why using the trailer for combining would make Menasor significantly bigger than any other potential new combiner . The trailer parts would most likely go behind the car limbs in order to create the skeleton, which wouldn't make Menasor any taller. The other combiners wouldn't even have the same issue, and it's possible they won't even have any commander class members with extra parts. It's true Motormaster will be based on his G1 look, but Hasbro is not above cheating to make it look like the trailer forms most of robot mode. They've shown many times they'll use fake parts to create a G1 look. (ER Prime, Kingdom Tracks and Mirage, etc).

13. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glady buy any and all releases of the Terrorcons / Abominus.

• Like Like x 1
  14. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Okay, so picture Motormaster being *just* his cab. Big alt mode, big Menasor, in-scale robot mode. But how does (new/future) Silverbolt, Hot Spot, or Onslaught achieve the same? Assuming that the latter three are scaled in bot mode, because they lack the trailer portion, they'd have tiny alt modes in comparison to Motormaster. And worse, they'd form relatively tiny torsos. One could make the argument that G1 Onslaught could have a separated trailer, but not G1-accurate Silverbolt or Hot Spot.

But if Hasbro made (future) Superion, Defensor, and Bruticus in scale with a Menasor whose torso is a "cab Motormaster + trailer frame", the resulting Silverbolt, Hot Spot, and Onslaught would be enormous in their bot modes, dwarfing Motormaster. By that point, Hasbro might as well just make a large cab+trailer Motormaster anyway and focus on combined mode scale.

Buuut if Motormaster is an all-in-one that's also in nuCHUG scale, sure he'd have a smaller alt mode, but that, his torso mode, and his component robot mode as well would all be unified to Silverbolt's, Hot Spot's, and Onslaught's future alt/robot/torso modes. They could still include accessories that double as combiner kibble; combiner crotches/thighs could turn into anything from airplane refueling vehicles to second trailers, and the extra budget from not having a huge Motormaster alt mode could go into extra articulation in the combiner hands & feet. The "skeletal" look could be achieved by merely putting detachable/optional plates on Menasor's limbs to simulate the Sunbow look. =D

I agree, except for characters like Slapdash; he can be retooled(and even upscaled) from Siege/Kingdom Mirage since his G1 transformation is nearly identical(far better fitting than on Mirage himself IMHO)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Here's an idea that's maybe not entirely ideal, but could make this work: with Motormaster himself being just the cab and combiner kibble turning into the trailer to have a reasonably-sized robot mode, vehicle mode, and combined mode.... if one were to consider the truck and trailer Motormaster's complete vehicle mode...... do the same with the others. Have the combiner parts (frame + hands and feet etc.) turn into a large portion of their complete vehicle mode. Hot Spot and Onslaught can kinda have it be kind of the "trailer" portion/the parts that aren't the cab like you mentioned, and for Silverbolt have it be some large portion of the rest of his Concorde vehicle mode. This would, similarly, allow their robot modes to not be too big, their vehicle modes to not be too small, and their combined modes to be nice and big, as well as proportionally proper and filled-out.

Maybe have the combiner frame thing/remainder of their vehicle mode also turn into a battle platform thing as well (like one of the 3P MP Onslaughts did), so it's not just doing nothing when they're in individual robot mode (EDIT: additional plus to this specific point is to also homage/finally fully realize the base modes that the original G1 combiner torsos kinda had but weren't fully implemented in the Hasbro releases).

This idea might not be very popular, and I'm a bit back-and-forth on it myself, but I think it has a fair number of upsides to consider.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Hey now, you might be on to something! Very, very sneaky. :lol 

Motormaster may run into an Arcee-esque problem, as his bot mode is gray and his truck cab is black, but Hasbro sometimes pulls wild ideas off fairly well. I guess we'll see!

It's fine, my question wasn't answered either, and it wasn't even about getting more leaks.

Let's let him rest. He's been a major target of questions, comments, and the like for weeks now. He definitely needs it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I think I would prefer the combiners to be in scale with each other rather than try to see if they can work with the other bots in both separate bots and the combined form. Would it be great to see the latter happen? Yes it would be, but I feel like it might bring up too many compromises that it might somewhat sour the set more than I would like

• Like Like x 1
  18. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

You did, I read it wrong. Apologies. I'm overly sensitive about those two

19. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Serious question for those who want every combiner to be ‘Titan’ size… How about giant RED figures?

I’d much prefer the combiners to be scaled to the individual robot modes, even if that means the combined robot mode is slightly undersized (ie regular CW height) but for those who want the extra large ones, if they later release say a non transforming Titan size Defensor as well wouldn’t that cover everyone?

99% of the time I’m against non-transforming Transformers, but considering combiners a don’t really have an alt mode they transform into themselves you could have a regular sized Aerialbot set that transform perfectly well into all modes and a 12 inch Superion, then later on a larger non transforming 18 inch Superion too. Everyone’s a winner!

• Like Like x 7
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would definitely take care of both camps… so it’ll never happen. :lol 

• Like Like x 6