Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

Other than Override, Lockdown is the one of the few characters that I wouldn't mind seeing as a "small Voyager", because I certainly want the best for him. There are benefits for Lockdown being a small Voyager: better engineering and more accessories (I'm ignoring the height for now).

The only downside to the Voyager Junkion being the muscle car is that it means Deluxe Junkion 3 (presumably Axelgrease) might just be another goddamn motorcycle, but yeah I'll still get it alright.
    In before Hasbro pulls a surprise and gives us TWO muscle cars :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

With the height I'm thinking of for him, he wouldn't even be a small Voyager; something like Hot Rod's height would be too short for him. He needs actual proper Voyager height.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

Whatever height he is, he needs to be Voyager, it's the best for a character like him.

If he's based on the Cyberverse/Earth Wars design I could see him being a small Voyager or even a large Deluxe. But if he's more of a G1ised TFA and ROTF design that one definitely needs to be Voyager.

4. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

I won't be surprised if Scraphook gets retooled into R.I.D 2015 Strongarm, some details at the waist and midsection look a bit similar. But that would have to be a rather extensive retool; a new roof, head and feet would definitely be needed as well as those "fillers" (which turn into Scraphook's engine).

IF that actually happens and it turns out good I'm not complaining, another member for my custom combiner!

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it’d be great if the muscle car turns out to BE Lockdown before he became a bounty hunter and painted himself green. Then later we can have a green and black version. Making him a Junkion makes sense with the way he adds upgrades.

• Like Like x 4
  6. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

Lockdown when he was still a student of Yoketron, and when he was Prowl's classmate...

• Like Like x 4
  7. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Main worry about Lockdown is the car mode being too big. Voyager would maybe cause that to be a thing but if I remember correctly his TFA transformation pretty much turned the whole length of the car into height, so if they do that it should be okay. I just really want a Lockdown and would hate to need to keep it away because it would look like shit with my other bots in alt mode.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So apparently the targetmaster that comes with the new RotB Optimus Prime is called Chainclaw... I wonder with the trademark now being used if we'll see an update of the pretender.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Windcharger when Hasbro?

News Credits:
    I really hope for a new hardtop

10. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Windcharger when Hasbro?

News Credits:
    Nice! Whete does minerva go

11. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

I was thinking the Deluxe Axlegrease transforms into something like a 4x4 if the muscle car is indeed the Voyager, because the word "Axle" or "Axel" is often associated with automobiles like cars and 4wD vehicles.

Then again, names don't mean shit because Crashbar's name has no relation to his altmode but is more related to his personality which was described as he always crashes. At least that's what I remember.

12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Basically whatever the gimmick of the specific figure is, that's it's "Evo-Fusion" ability, which as has been noted willbe interesting to see what Dirge's is!
    I was thinking along those lines but bikes also have axles technically, as you say rhyme may not make reason with the Junkion names. I am skeptical of the muscle car Junkion being the mystery voyager one until proven otherwise as I still suspect it could be a Legformer to equal Scraphook. I still think an "Animated Universe" Wreck Gar could be it (and potentially a torsobot).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    Well Battlemasters for 5.99 are in ROTB mainline, no excuse from Walmart or Hasbro about future minicons now. Battlemasters also pegwarmed just like micromasters.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  14. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

Hmm, I was also thinking that maybe the muscle car Junkion was gonna be a large Needlenose-height Deluxe and the Lockdown retool would have more accessories redecoed from other figures and comes in an "accessory pack" similar to Tricranius or the Centurion Drone. (Also in a cardboard box because duh)

If that is what's gonna happen, it might not really be a good thing because Centurion Drone was pretty hard to find while Tricranius was easy to find, even the stores near me was LOADED with him till he went on discount. I guess we'll see what happens.

Another theory I had is Axelgrease is a flight-based Junkion since every modular figure except Earthrise had a flight-based character: Siege had Six-Gun, Earthrise didn't have shit, Kingdom had Wingfinger. My guess is he turns into some kind of junk DeLorean styled car or maybe one of those ultralight helicopters.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Movie tie-ins might be a different case for retailers. They know that the movie/show lines are more likely to sell because kids just watched the movie/show and parents will get them anything with that name on it. Retailers probably expect all tie-in stuff to sell extremely well no matter what it is.

16. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Watch his gimmick be attaching his null rays to his arms

• Like Like x 8
  17. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Oh it will be. Look at Twincast's Evo-Fusion after all

upload_2023-2-1_15-11-0.png

• Like Like x 9
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I would be all over a bulked-up Mad Max-style Gyrocopter Junkion!
    I do wonder if we are being complacent assuming that Detritus will just be a Buzzworthy Bee Earth Mode Hound Recolour, there could still be a slim chance he is a part of these Junkion shenanigans.
    You've done better than me there, I didn't even think of that! I can totally see that now "jet wing guns can be used to weaponise robot arms!" :lolol 
    Weird they went with that, and not "Power up for a super attack with his energon-infused partner!", or just "Ejects a bloke!"!?!

• Like Like x 1
  19. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

I would love a Gyrocopter Junkion, I would partner him/her up with Wingfinger. Depending on the size I could see myself buying two of them, if the Junkion is a Gyrocopter of course.

You and me both think alike on Detritus; there's a small, but a very small chance he'll be one of these modular Junkions. If he indeed is, he should be based on the United EX Roadmaster who was pretty much an upgraded Detritus with a new Mad Max monster truck form. Though I'm not so sure if a monster truck can be done at Deluxe pricepoint.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I get in now, it's avoiding repeating the same gimmick I believe...
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 20.27.55.png
    ...'cause Blaster did it already in his legacy PR.

• Like Like x 4