Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I would take it, only thing I wish was that Dead End was on the team.

I'd love an IDW Menasor. Or something similar to it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

If there's a new Bruticus in 2024 or somewhere in the future, I'd like it to be toy accurate but have cartoon-accurate heads and a very cartoon-accurate colour scheme. Basically, a hybrid between toy and cartoon designs. I know a lot of people certainly wouldn't like that because it's not so accurate to G1, then again the Stunticons aren't really that accurate so I think it's a bit possible this idea can happen.
    Combaticons_group.jpg
    Hoping they fix Blast-Off's misinterpreted head design though, the eyes are not in the correct position LOL!

Also, we NEED a G2 redeco, we also need a Ruination/Baldigus redeco. I could see the G2 one being in a boxset, same with Baldigus, while they release toy-accurate Commandoes in Generations Selects for Ruination.

• Like Like x 8
  3. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I hope Bruticus happens at some point soon. Need me a new Brawl.

For me I want them to be cartoon accurate but also see some toy elements or modifications will be made to the designs (like Menasor) to be a toy-toon hybrid.

They all need a redo tbh, especially Onslaught and Swindle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

Yup that would really cool as well.

I agree. I didn't like the CW combiners tbh, I liked Superion but even he had his own flaws. I do appreciate CW making Blast Off a jet to feel more "realistic" but I wish the jet was a new mold and not a mere repaint of an Aerialbot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I like it, but they're not 100% what they should be and need a redo since none of them completely work, with all being repaints minus Brawl, Onslaughts alt mode is weird and Swindle is a bit bulky for who he is. And Agreed I like that they made him a jet, but I don't like that it was just a repaint instead of a new mold (which was probably why they made him a jet).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why stop there? Could also get the universe ruination repaints plus battle Gaia

• Like Like x 3
  7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hope this isn't the case and Bludgeon will get his own chestpiece. Tarn's does look vaguely like a face but Bludgeon's skull chest is like, his #1 thing (well, tied with his skull mask) and it'd be a shame if that's the closest we get. It's also the most prominent part of his alt mode so it'd be nice if they could remove some of the spike to differentiate their alt modes a bit.
    Same, I really hope whenever they get around to doing a new Swindle he's based on the toy design. I always disliked the Sunbow design, it just makes no sense to me (both from an engineering standpoint and a real-world why-did-they-redesign-only-him standpoint). Better yet if he's a sort of G1/Animated hybrid like some of the third party toys are, with an enclosed Humvee alt mode, but I'd be fine with just the toy design rather than a Hound-style jeep.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Enderstone

Enderstone Banned

I kind of have a feeling that Bludgeon will have significant retooling to have a tank mode that is completely different from Tarn yet shares the same parts. I could see the treads on Bludgeon being entirely new parts too. But yeah I think he'll still retain his skeletal face, it'll probably look similar to his ROTF toy.

Heck MAYBE the tank mode will feel like a stylised futuristic Earth tank. But who knows, I'll wait for the official reveal.
    I was also thinking... what if the grey parts on the Tarn mold will be also coloured like the inner robot of Bludgeon? It would be perfectly in-line with Skullgrin: inner robot wearing armour.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I definitely hope at least he treads on his shoulders are remolded (that's even more important than the chest IMO since it affects his silhouette much more) but it would be nice if all the treads are retooled to match the more angular look Bludgeon's treads have on that design (as opposed to the more rounded ones on Tarn). I doubt that it'll be possible to make Tarn look believably like an Earth tank but that'd definitely be cool if they could.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we get a new Bruticus, I want Battle Gaia to be the first Selects out the door. He’s the one we didn’t get in CW.. (ditto for Guard City if we get Defensor).

• Like Like x 9
  11. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Had to look it up but looks neat, and I'm sure it's not 100% out of the possibility for Mark.

For those that also didn't know or remember what Battle Gaia was this is what it looks like.
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 4.08.19 PM.png

• Like Like x 7
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Baldagus re-release as well from TakTom would be much appreciated from me....

• Like Like x 4
  13. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tbh even though i want the hell out of this a snag might be that Shuttler and Sandstorm look a lot like armorhide and ro-tor(japanese version at least). might make it harder for both unless ruination gets us toy deco first

14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    That what I was thinking when I saw him, the shuttle and mainly the tank leg look a lot like RID01's ruination.

I feel like of all the repaints G2 and Ruination will be the ones we get.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sad because those are the same ones we got in Combiner Wars…. I want DIFFERENT characters for my collection.

16. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Is there any chance we got some could earthrise megatron reissue

17. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like Battle Gaia because, even though G2 Bruticus and RID Ruination are more iconic, Battle Gaia is one of the few G1 continuity Combiner repaints, and because the original is so hard to get and hasn't been redone. Though in fairness the only one I'm likely to actually buy is Ruination. I can see where people are coming from on some of the limb decos being close, but it's not like Hasbro hasn't done the same mold in very similar colours before (Selects Hubcap and Worlds Collide Bee, Siege Thundercracker and Ion Storm).

• Like Like x 4
  18. oisinrc

oisinrc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely dumb hope repaint wise, but I really hope that Sandstorm and Siege Springer could be repaints into Shatter and Dropkick, something like this digibash done with their previous molds BB Set 2' (1).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Lol sorry but I dont really like this

• Like Like x 1
  20. oisinrc

oisinrc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no as said it's a dumb hope, and I'd actually nearly hope for Dropkick out of Sandstorm, with Shatter maybe even getting her own mold.

What about it makes you have that feeling?