Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    Moreso Toho, above all, would have to approve such a thing in the first place. I don't even think those 2 would really have a say because Super7 has the Godzilla license and they had no problem letting Toho do what they wanted to do.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they find a use for the Mutant head

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should start a petition?

• Like Like x 4
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm game.

• Like Like x 4
  5. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

m
    maybe legendary could let them make a MUTO figure? or anothe legendary original kaiju like scylla

6. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    That would, again, probably fall to Toho.

• Like Like x 4
  7. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

does toho own the rights to the muto? idk lemme check wikizilla

yeah nah it falls to legendary, as they created the MUTOs, scylla, behemoth, etc. they made them cause they didnt want to pay for other toho original monsters, and therefore we could get transformers x monsterverse crossover if they make a figure of one of the original kaiju, not any toho kaiju. (so no godzilla, ghidorah, mothra, etc unless a 3rd party does them.) though theamazingspino has made kaiju-former concepts, and their designs of waspinator are getting made into a 3rd party toy (eventually, the prototype was revealed ages ago) so hopes for godzilla transformers might not be gone, but there certainly isnt much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021
  8. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

I know Beast Wars Polar Claw was considered for WFC Kingdom before being scrapped, but is there any possible chance that plans for Polar Claw could rematerialize for Transformers Legacy later on?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sleipnir

Sleipnir Well-Known Member

Polar Claw and Gears made it into a poster that was making rounds only a few months before Kingdom started shipping. Going by what most people say, these lines spend at least 2/3 years in development before release, and, if that it's true, it'd be almost certain Polar Claw made it past the design stage.

I don't see Hasbro letting that work go to waste, I think they are focusing on the show characters first, but if the line sells well (which seems to be the case) we'll see Polar Claw sooner than later.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The design in the poster was nothing more than the old BW design. That poster was purely conceptual

• Like Like x 9
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, nothing about that poster existing proves that we have CAD models either complete or incomplete that can easily be used. I too hope we start getting some none show characters because I absolutely love BW, but at the earliest we're probably looking at the second or third year of Legacy at this point.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Sleipnir

The style of the design on the poster is beyond irrelevant, none of the characters shown there are heavily stylized after the actual toy we ended up getting, they are just part of the art.

The poster was intended to showcase the characters that'd be getting toys in the line, and that's exactly what happened down to the freaking REPACKS (only previous characters on the poster are Arcee, Wheeljack, Optimus, and Starscream), this was a toy panel by the end of September, it's enterily reasonable to surmise all those characters had had the design stage completed, hell, that late into it, it wouldn't be the worst bet to say that they all had actual prototypes.

it wasn't even until a few months later that we found out about the 3 cancellations in the line (Polar Claw, Gears, and the Gator Fossilizer)

Ultimately, time will tell, but even all the characters that lost fan polls eventually got their toys within a rather short time span, I'm rather optimistic for Polar Claw and Gears

I think I was careful enough to word my post, as convinced as I might be of the most likely outcome, as pure speculation, we don't have confirmation for anything related to the cancelled characters, and I def have absolutely no insider knowledge

13. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I remember multiple leakers saying that kingdom Polar Claw and Gears never made it passed the conceptual art phase and definitely no CAD or design work were ever completed or even started on the figures. Plus, they said that Gears was planned as a core figure, which made no sense and wouldn’t fit in with WFC scale.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

If they gave us Deathsaurus you could get a Godzilla crossover figure AND a Dungeons And Dragons one out of it too...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It actually is relevant since none of the characters on the poster are based on their kingdom figure designs, but sure whatever

The point was that that artwork was done before any figures were designed

• Like Like x 5
  16. Sleipnir

Damn, I thought I kept up to date with most news, but entirely possible I missed that, I must say that part about gears being core clas does make zero sense.

Even so, like I replied above, what keeps me hoping is that (for the most part - looking at you, Armada Optimus -_-) once Hasbro hints at a character (like the ones that are part of fan polls), they eventually tend to show up sooner or later

Honestly not trying to argue, but I don't get your point, from what I read, you actually seems to be cementing that the designs on the posters are irrelevant.

Unless your argument is that, since the poster shares nothing with the actual toys, it means it's not based on modern designs, which means no CAD files available for the character.

Which is exactly my argument turned around, you said Polar Claw appears in his old BW design as if it mattered, I said that however he appears in the poster is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is that he's in there.

Still, once again, we don't KNOW if he will show up, I'm fairly positive he will, but I could absolutely be mistaken.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing the news about MP Crosscut has me hopeful that we'll see him in Legacy, since we're apparently getting Skids. That is a sharp deco.

Between this possibility and the potential for G2 Stunticons, here's hoping that we get a Selects leak like we did with Kingdom... Makes it easier for me to know how to budget.

• Like Like x 9
  18. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure Gears will happen eventually, for the same reason I'm sure all G1 season 1 and 2 characters will happen eventually, but I'm not so sure about Polar Claw

• Like Like x 1
  19. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    IIRC, Apollux (probably our most reputable leaker) was surprised to see the usage of that art in the Kingdom reveal, as it was very early concept art meant primarily for the internal project pitch. And as others have said, leakers also confirmed that Polar Claw, Gears, and the Croc Fossilizer never made it past the concept phase.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Sleipnir

I think it all depends on how well the beasts do in the market. The show had a rather limited cast, if they want to keep pumping beasts, they will have to get to toy only molds eventually, unless they decide to go for BW Second/Neo. Either way, I'm not complaining.

I'm also unfamiliar with the BW toyline, since I watched the show as a teen, but didn't collect the toys, does Polar Claw have a good remold/repaint potential?