Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Sleipnir

Sleipnir Well-Known Member

Take what I said about modulators/weaponizers with a grain of salt, all of these are rumors, and, AFAIK, fossilizers should be doing fine.

Regarding Kup, if he wasn't SS86 and was part of the old style generations line, he'd be an almost perfect incarnation of IDW Spotlight Kup kup__1_for_transformers_idw_limited_volume_2_by_rex_203_d5xacdl-fullview.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    I mean from what my friend hears on the grapevine all the Walmart buyers are uniquely terrifying so it makes sense Hasbro do their best Neville Chamberlain impression....

• Like Like x 14
  3. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a reveal today?

• Like Like x 2
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds about right. When you have the power and money that they do, I'm sure Walmart hires the most hard-nosed ball busters to work on such deals. It has to suck.

• Like Like x 8
  5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    With us getting a new TFP Optimus which may likely be his seasons 1 and 2 look it'd be cool if for Selects we're able to get a TFP Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus retooled from the mold since he was basically using Optimus's CGI model to begin with. Not to mention they can actually use the same mold to give us a SG Ultra Magnus with a new head to boot. That way it'll not only solve the problem of trying to separate SG Ultra Magnus with Delta Magnus who can be just a straight up repaint of WFC Ultra Magnus but it'll also be a good way to reuse the new TFP Optimus mold in both creative and logical ways.

• Like Like x 7
  6. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Which then leads to the question of why couldn't the previous SG figures be different figures rather than just their standard WFC figures, most glaring example being Megatron. After all, this isn't funpub SG, this is wfc SG, it's probably for the best to just accept all the new SG figures are just gonna be repaints, maybe with new weapons or face sculpts and not much else. SG UM will almost definitely just be Delta Magnus with purple autobot symbols.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Wal-Mart became Wal-Mart by negotiating prices to the point they could go to $X.97 vs the $X.99 everyone else was charging. Doesn't sound like a lot but it works. It does require suppliers to cower a bit so the negotiators play rough. The bad part for us is that this requires cost cutting, so it's going to eat into things like engineering and accessories. :( 

• Like Like x 6
  8. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Rejected mini-cassette prototype

As a native Floridian, I'd like to apologize for this (and Needlenose) before him. Alligator Loki and his Skunkape Mafia crew are crazy and not to be trusted not to backstab anyone.

• Like Like x 11
  9. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Walmart also doesn't have its own warehouses, they want everything shipped to their stores directly by the vendors, so the vendor has to handle all transport stuff, and if it gets there an hour late, they send it away. They're absolutely ruthless.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Magna Prime

Magna Prime Well-Known Member

See this is my preferred kup still. For those that like the SS Kup, good on you. But I just like this look better.

Anyway, if 2023 really is going to go heavy on Unicron trilogy,who do you want? For me,I really liked armada blurry a lot. And I think bringing asada red alert in as a modern voyager would go really well. I suspect they are going to focus on armada, however, they may throw I wouldn't be upset at all if we had energon and Cybertron characters thrown in.

• Like Like x 3
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Problem is with having SG Ultra Magnus being just a straight up repaint of WFC Ultra Magnus is that it means that the people who want just a pure Diaclone Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus homage get left behind in the dust especially if they're not a fan of SG to begin with. By having SG Ultra Magnus be actually a repaint and retool of the new TFP Optimus Prime figure you'll be able to have both parties get that they want. What helps is that TFP Optimus's alt mode evokes SG Ultra Magnus's original long nose truck alt mode too.

I know you brought up SG Megatron as a way to counter this argument but even then the fact that he has optional parts to give him a jet mode that evokes his original jet mode shows that the new SG figures don't always have to be straight up repaints of G1 molds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy solution is to make the faction symbol on the core bots shoulder gray. The trailer and armored mode of both Siege and Kingdom Magnus lack faction logos. Release it as a selects figure and have it do quadruple duty as Diaclone Powered Convoy homage, Ehobby Magna Convoy, Delta Magnus and SG Ultra Magnus. It'd be a win for everyone really.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I could see priorities given to Armada Cyclonus and Demolishor, and they both could really be improved by being de-gimmicked. Plus they could be added to the Selects lineup in their Energon decoes!

• Like Like x 2
  14. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

If we get a Vector Prime as soon as 2023 I'd be absolutely thrilled

• Like Like x 2
  15. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GOD DAMN IT WITH THE MIAMI.

• Like Like x 4
  16. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

I'm still expecting it to be BH Optimus, if it indeed will retooled as Bulkhead.

I expect that, much like Prime next year, we won't see more than a handful of Aramda characters in 2023. As for who I want, I'm gonna go with Commander Class Optimus with trailer, as well as a Voyager Jetfire. I've always loved Aramda Optimus' design and his endless combinations. The combined forms should be close to SS86 Grimlock height, with a Leader Armada Megatron released to match.

17. Billie94

Billie94 Be weak enough to emphatize

WFC Magnus doesn't resemble the G1 character in alt mode to start with.
    Better to wait for Hasbro to try again for our Diaclone Magnus.

Let them go SG all the way IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Except if evoking the original look was really a major priority with the new SG, there's been a ton of better options for pretty much every SG figure they released. As many people have cited to shut down any criticism of the looks of the SG figures, It's not the original SG it's WFC SG. At best it might include a slight homage, but so far every SG figure has been a repaint of their WFC counterpart, even when it doesn't work. SG Ultra Magnus is just gonna be a repainted Kingdom or Siege Ultra Magnus, at best with a new skull face and new accessories.

19. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Do we have an updated list of figures coming out in the next few years?
    I've just caught up on the news that Transmetal 2 Megatron is coming out, instead of Straxus; BW Inferno is coming out as well (thank god); 86 Ironhide and Ratchet are also on the way (thank god X2). And that SS Devcon has a chance as well

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Check the link in @BlackHawkOmega's sig. He's been keeping a pretty up to date list of the leaks that have been coming out for some time now.

• Like Like x 4