Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

The leaks say "a mix between G1 and RID Scourge" which is what I'm basing my assumption of "black Optimus" on.
    I'm probably wrong, but it seems logical to me.

That's true. My pet theory is that the prologue Autobots will be retools of Cliffjumper (as they don't have altmodes, and use some generic parts in the CGI models borrowed from Bee and Cliffjumper), so I don't think we'll see them all at once. Maybe one per wave.

Soundwave and Shockwave are unaccounted for, but the Seekers will probably be the same as the Autobots: scattered here and there, probably including some exclusives or Generations Selects. Hasbro seems to prefer not to dump that many blatant repaints in one place, judging by how they handled the Seekers in Siege and Earthrise.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  2. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    There have been tons of mix matched reports of "mix of G1 and RID Scourge's" or "Mix of G1 and Cybertron Scourge's" or "Mix of RID and and Cybertron Scourge's", some say he resembles Prime Predaking even.

We know for a fact though he won't just be a repaint of Optimus, because he's supposed to have a giant ass claw hand, and the description of smokestacks were always accompanied with "(???)" Or something similar.

We'll see what he looks like in due time, but I highly doubt that for the main villian of a feature film they won't give him an all new design.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ArkinDotWav

News Credits:
    And I am just adding on to said guess work with additional information. There's no need to get defensive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Ok, I guess I misread your tone. No harm done

Anyway it's not even really the important part of my theory, Scourge will likely be a Leader or Voyager regardless of what he looks like

• Like Like x 1
  5. ArkinDotWav

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, he'll definitely at the very least get a voyager figure, but leader is definitely a strong possiblity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad with Glyph, they should really do both and include the recent comic.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    If and when they do Tapout and glyph, I really hope they can work something out for glyph to use the vw mold

8. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Really looking forward seeing those Sureshot, Pointblank, and Crosshairs reveals for Legacy.
    It’s going to be an exciting line, what with the Junior Headmasters, Starsaber, Pretenders, Menasor, and Blitzwing in it.
    To think Kingdom already claimed so much of my money.

• Like Like x 6
  9. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Sorry if I've missed this, but are Sureshot, pointblank and a new Crosshairs rumoured now?

10. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

Wait, we're getting the target masters and pretenders in legacy? If so sign me up :lol 

11. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    No? I hadn't heard anything about that, especially since the leakers have gone silent since Star Saber.
    I don't think they will. If they haven't now, I don't think they will in the forseeable future.
    Where was this said??

• Like Like x 4
  12. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I think the Pretenders rumor flowed from conversations of "how can they be done" and "what would you want" rather than anything leaked. Nothing has leaked about targetmasters except that Hasbro designers mentioned they wanted to complete any sub groups started. At least that I've heard.
    However, Targetmasters seem like a logical next step, as Point blank could share some parts and engineering with Punch Counterpunch, and Sureshot could do the same with Sunstreaker, at least by looking at all the customs. Probably would get new molds, though.
    They're likely enough for me to hold off on customizing them in favor of Omnibots for now, let me put it that way.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    :( 

14. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    It took 'em so long to let Hasbro use it for Bumblebee, and they seem real damn stubborn to let them use it for anyone else, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 3
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Interesting. Ah well, I still love it :p 
    I think there's a simple answer to it. Most of the toys were... bad so they didn't sell super well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    Except they weren't?? Aside from a few caveats, most of the Prime line was pretty well-received.

• Like Like x 3
  17. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I don't remember that being the reception at the time. At least with PRID rather than First Edition... which wasn't released here, thanks Hasbro.

18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Prime had a lot of gems, and the toyline has nothing to do with the show being a massive money sink for Hasbro

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only the First Edition and some of the Standard line, the rest were aimed more towards kids and didn't come out till well after Prime premiered. And even with the First Edition line, the release was so messy that only 2 or 3 released in the states fans needed to go to Canada and Asian markets inorder to get the rest until they were finally release to American stores until 2012.

Sure the toyline wasn't a complete failure, but it wasn't smash success either.

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I’m late to the party here, but I’m seeing posts about possible TFP figures. I really hope Megatron gets a new Voyager mold. The PRID Voyager feels awful to handle, and I don’t think any amount of retooling could fix that. As for Optimus, they could just release FE Voyager Prime with a few retools, honestly. Fan-favorite Knockout desperately needs a proper toy (PRID Deluxe Knockout was absolute trash). A smallish Deluxe Arcee would be welcome. I’m too cynical to hope for a better version of Ratchet.

• Like Like x 5