Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would it trigger people if, after the WFC trilogy, they remade those Armada/Energon/Cybertron guys that were gimmick-crippled bricks AND replaced all the G1 reuse names to make them "new" characters?

Blurry --> Silverblurr or IncineratorS, Scavenger--> Devastar, etc

• Like Like x 30
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Honestly I'd just rather they keep doing what they've been doing since thrilling 30 and using the series they are from as an identifier

• Like Like x 46
  3. goobahead1

goobahead1 chug enthusiast

Ebay:
    i really hope after earthrise they focus on ether beast wars or the unicron trilogy or better yet both for chug for a while.

• Like Like x 9
  4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    to be fair, that description was really primarily only accurate for Armada and most of the Energon Autobots, The Energon Decepticons were largely amazing and Cybertron was overall a pretty fantastic line. for my money nobody has touched a helicopter TF half as good as Cybertron EVAC to this day. They did a much better job in Cybertron with the gimmicks not being intrusive.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  5. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    You wouldn't rather they revisit G1 after WFC concludes?

• Like Like x 10
  6. goobahead1

Ebay:
    nah pls no more g1 for a year or so AT least after earthrise.

• Like Like x 11
  7. artiepants

News Credits:
    there's still a lot of late G1 that has never been touched (not mention Euro G1.5 and G2 characters)

I do think that some of the S1 BW are due a revisit, but beyond that it's really hard for me to believe that with today's budgetary restrictions most BW redo's would actually improve much on the originals.

Armada though, that is ripe for a do-over. at least some of the core characters. Those figures were just terrible for the most part.

On one hand, I'm ready for something "new", but I don't see the wa modern franchise handling is working across media that really happening, even if it was "new" it'd be the same names slapped across unfamiliar characters. that was the upside of the UT was it did have a ton of new characters and concepts, even if Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream were still there.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

Never gonna happen in a major capacity, thank god

• Like Like x 11
  9. goobahead1

Ebay:
    giving some other lines some time to shine isn't the end of the world. beast wars and the unicron trilogy are just as valid parts of the transformers franchise as g1. all 3 added things to transformers that are worthwhile and all 3 should be equally celebrated. g1 has had enough time dominating the majority of the chug toyline for most of its run. i would love them to show the love they have showed g1 to other aspects of the franchise and honestly they should. wfc generations has an S at the end of it, thats plural not just g1, or it should be. also transformers is literally about robots changing modes, the franchise should not be just about the 1984 -1986 on rotation every year.

• Like Like x 10
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    In the WFCT, they technically are, but just because Hasbro seems to consider all of them in a retconned G1 continuity. =/ But that's a huge cop-out lol

11. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    I think once most G1 cartoon characters have good G1 style updates, the fanbase in majority will be more ok with moving a little further away from hardcore G1, small steps at a time.

• Like Like x 11
  12. goobahead1

Ebay:
    i really hope so. most of my collection is g1 chug and i love it but i would not mind some series diversity on shelves that is not cyberverse, i loved the cybertron optimus prime in the siege line and was real happy to see even a half baked hot shot. id love more unicron trilogy love. also beast wars because next years the 25th anniversary and it deserves some mainline love again.

• Like Like x 8
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I just hope that'd be sooner rather then later. I mean you can only revisit major G1 characters so many times before even die hard G1 fans get sick of it.

• Like Like x 13
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    So no one's even considering the possibility of new Generations sub-lines like Studio Series introduced specifically for each big Transformers series?

• Like Like x 14
  15. goobahead1

Ebay:
    i had not considered that. but i now have a mighty need for that, especially if beast wars and or the unicron trilogy get their own lines!

• Like Like x 7
  16. artiepants

News Credits:
    I've been wondering how much longer Studio Series can limp along... seems they've gotten to some pretty deep cuts, and most of the biggies now... (and can we get a re-release of BB Prime, please?)

• Like Like x 4
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    We have. It's just that most of us aren't sure if Hasbro's willing to do even that in the future because they have more faith in G1 and the movies then the rest. Granted they've made big hints of doing something big for the BW fans next year but even then that can mean a lot of things.

We've still got plenty of characters from the Bay movies alone that have yet to get SS updates. Not to mention that with Hasbro going on with the reboot saga starting with the Bumblebee movie and even the BW movie showing up in the future it's very likely that they'll continue the SS line to include figures from the future movies.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm... "limp along"? Not sure I agree with that assessment. From what I see on pegs & shelves they seem to hold their own. Sure there are always leftovers from various waves on pegs, but that's true of all TF lines and always will be.

• Like Like x 16
  19. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    The thing is, SS didn't come out of nowhere, it evolved out of the TLK line and all other movie lines, it replaced movie lines etc, instead of a new line with every movie, they would just be released as SS so as long as more movies keep coming, SS will have more fuel and there are still plenty of movie characters left to do with the movies we already have.

Cyberverse is ending and may be replaced with another line based off of the yet to be released new cartoon.

We already have the Netflix WFC S line and ER will likely follow suit so with that they have already released a new subline plus theres GS and WME so Hasbro has quite a few different Gen lines already not counting RB and other obvious exceptions etc.

Adding another with things as they are now could be pushing it but I'm not a financial expert, im sure Hasbro has multiple teams of people dedicated to these things all of whom are far smarter than us in said area etc.

Would it be cool? Yeah, is it feasible? Probably not right now imo but they could do anything they want

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

Beast Wars and Unicron trilogy won’t get their own lines. Ever.