Post a picture of your first Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Swoop Dogg, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    There have been threads asking which Transformer was your first Transformer but I haven't seen a thread asking for a picture of your first Transformer. So let's see what your first transformer looks like today. What shape/condition is it in? Is it broken? Is it MISB? Show everybody!

My first Transformer was G1 Thundercracker. I can still remember getting him back in 1984. I was with my dad at a local department store (Van Leunens) and, while he was looking in the lawn/garden department, I did my usual perusing in the toy department. I was looking for Soundwave (the tv show/commercial had me hooked on Transformers - Soundwave in particular) but I saw Thundercracker instead. I begged my dad to get him for me and to my surprise he did (it wasn't Christmas or my birthday after all)!

Anyways here's my Thundercracker (the wings aren't the original wings, the stickers are now reprolabels, and the nose cone won't stand straight anymore):

Attached Files:

2. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

My first was silver streak.

I wish I still had him but I've since broke him in half when I was a child and lost it.

But here's a picture of silver streak (not mine):
    [​IMG]

3. Optimal Fan

Optimal Fan Paxion

These were my first TFs back in '95. I watched G1 in the late '80s but only had my parents buy me GI Joe action figures for toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was my first. Got him right when he came out. I of course don't have mine anymore but this pic should do.

[​IMG]

Pic courtesy of tfu.info.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    There were my first TFs, got them both on my bday back in the day, they were wrapped together so I consider them both my first TF:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like most others, I no longer have them, so TFU.info supplies the pics for said first TFs.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Aight...

Starscream presents my first TF
    [​IMG]

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I was looking to see pics of everybody's actual (as in "still got it") first Transformer. If you don't have it anymore, it's cool you posted a pic of the toy but I think most people already know what a G1 Optimus Prime looks like for example (not to pick on you perithimus or anybody else - it's all good!) I was hoping to see what everybody's first Transformer looks like today. Is it beat up? Is it a junker now? Did you take care of it through the years and it still looks like it just came out of the box? Did you bury it in the backyard while playing as a kid and it still has mud on it? Did you freeze it in a cup of water while playing with it as a kid and now the screws are all rusty? That type of thing. What does your first Transformer look like now that it has aged for so many years?

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Got no pic but I think it was cheetor then I broke it.

9. werepolarbear

werepolarbear Well-Known Member

can barely remember 84 and 85.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    My first was Armada Super-Con Optimus Prime. I'll post a picture in a minute.

11. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Actual first TF - Unknown, since I don't remember that far back and I was very young. G1 Metroplex, Ultra Magnus and Trypticon are the first three that I have evidence of owning (based on an old Christmas photo). Metroplex eventually broke in half at the waist, Trypticon was sold in a yard sale with most of the rest of my original G1 stuff and I don't actually even remember having Ultra Magnus in the first place.

- First TF after coming back to collecting - BW TM Megatron. Unfortunately, the figure succumbed to GPS within a month or two of purchase. I did get another copy of the figure at retail, which has survived intact ever since, but I bought other figures between the first copy and the second, so it's not the oldest in my collection.

- TFs that have been in my collection the longest - Three-way tie between BW TM Cheetor, TM Terrorsaur and TM Tarantulas. All three are in very good shape, with only minor chrome wear (not flaking) and Cheetor's elbow joints are a bit loose. I did buy a second TM Terrorsaur as an extra soon after purchasing the first and long ago mixed up the two copies, so I'm not sure if the one in this photo is my original or the second. Also purchased TM Rattrap at the same time as these three figures, but it quickly developed severe chrome flaking and I sold it shortly after getting the 10th Anniversary reissue.

[​IMG]

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Unfortunately I've lost my first Transformer over the years, which was Headmaster Fangry. I'm going to start seeking out a replacement.

[​IMG]

14. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Still alive and well. (Easiest pic to post.)

15. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    RID Megs.
    Not in Great shape, but not in terrible shape either.
    [​IMG]
    Scratched up chrome bits, Sharpie, broken wing tip, missing: chest landing gear, 2nd missile launcher + missile, Foot/ dragon head flaps and 2nd Small gremlin/bat/whatever arm. So yeah.

16. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first one i remember of was armada megatron .

or armada prime who i took back cause i couldn't figure out the self transforming thing.

Then when i got into collecting . it was a rotf figure ,. not sure which one

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My first, which holds the honor of staying in my collection with all the wear, repair, yellowing, and improvised sticker replacement intact. (note the young person attempt to repaint the lettering on the arm)
    [​IMG]
    To his credit. the waist never broke.

18. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

G1 Dreadwind.

Attached Files:

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Alas, if only I still had my dear G1 Astrotrain...

But someone in my house considered giving him away to some toy-destroying cousin funny. Whirl, Optimus, and all of my G1s followed him without me noticing until some time later. (I actually had to see my Whirl smashed to pieces at my cousin's house one day, while rage consumed me)

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Geez, I don't even remember what my wst was.. Hmmmm....