Possible new Powermaster Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AutobotMirage, Oct 5, 2015.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Except, in my mind, the CW Prime torso + limb trailer would've been Generations Powermaster Prime. Take your pick as to if it'd be Hi-Q or Roller that'd serve as the chest armor in combined mode.

Unlike four individual Deluxe figures which could be turned into legs or arms to accommodate the gimmick, the trailer could've been designed so that there were two arms and there were two legs, which would've minimized the engineering and tooling. Since if you bought the Powermaster set you would have a torso and four arms and not have to worry about mixing/matching.

Heck, I've got both versions of CW Prime and would gladly buy a third if it came packed with a limb-trailer. Or, at the very least, am shocked that no 3P has tackled this yet.

2. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Well there you go: if they would have done that with CW Optimus you would have no need to buy TM Optimus because you would have already had a Powermasterish Optimus, it would be bad for business.

At this point with PM Optimus coming out in wave 1 of 2016 3rd party has missed their window to make Powermaster armor for CW Optimus. If I was a 3rd party company I would hope Hasbro doesn't make an all in one Apex armor TW Optimus and cash in on his release by creating Arnor for him.

3. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a third party just make him taller than MP-10 (without apex armor.) That would make this my ideal cheapo stand-in for a PMOP MP. :) 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man that is a cool fan made base mode.

5. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Posted by T-Hybrid
    I've been a bit surprised too, but hopefully there's someone out there working on it. I intend to get TR Powermaster Prime, but as Leader-class it'll be undersized compared to what I'm hoping for.

Considering what was done for Classics Optimus, a 3P could come up with something amazing for the CW version.

6. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Well, everyone said the Xovergen armor was a cheap, flimsy POS, and FP is making a new smaller Prime for their version, and the add-on kits for CW Prime don't really make him a Powermaster so much as they make him Leader-sized. If no 3Ps are taking the obvious route and making a new add-on trailer for CW Prime that becomes his Powermaster mode, Hasbro will beat them to the punch.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like this idea, as it would give us a PM Optimus that was HUGE... but the price point would be huge, too. And they might have a hard time moving a fourth version of that mold at such a higher price than the previous ones.

Anyhow, I'm pretty excited to see what the Magnus remold PM OP is going to look like.

Not everyone. I love mine. In terms of a great updated representation of one of my all-time favorite G1 figures, it's one of my favorite 3P releases, too.

8. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I assume Minimus will be retooled as Hi-Q, and maybe he'll have a new Headmaster given the theme. And the trailer section will probably be very different as well. And if the Prime is retooled enough to separate into a smaller Scout/Legends figure, that's cool but unnecessary, as it's not a dealbreaker.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm fascinated to see how they are going to remold him enough that he doesn't look like Magnus. Especially in truck/trailer mode. Head's easy, chest is easy enough. But the arms... and having a trailer that isn't a car carrier. I can't wait to see how (or if) they pull it off.