Possible MP-44+ & MP Hoist/Trailbreaker repaint..

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimalprimus, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    As I said, PMs are open. Still don't remember tho

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  2. ObsessionTF

ObsessionTF Well-Known Member

Still available at Show Z. $200 is more expensive than Amazon JP but less than American retailers. Only 14 left!! Hmmm… do I need a second one?:rolleyes: 

3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this helps...

c36bd52f.jpg

Perfection!! :)  Mmmmmmmmm yellow. Too bad we don't get those white wheels.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Sorry, but no. It’s not so much the yellow pickup that’s throwing me off. It’s more about the bot mode colour pallet. Just personal taste, nothing wrong with it per say. :) 

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Got my mp44 today and all good apart from the gun not tabbing , why after all these years can they still not get that right? my third time with the mold , the black repaint and the ko then this , much prefer this deco to the cartoon one

6. brickonator

brickonator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's going on in that bio/description? I can't read a lot, but I have no idea why they are bringing up Beast Machines, TF Prime, ROTF, IDW-MTMTE, and Unite Warriors? I guess they're just talking about places that Trailbreaker/cutter showed up or something? I suppose the description is probably mostly lifted from MP Trailbreaker with just a "oh by the way, there was a yellow one in Diaclone too".

EDIT - I ran it through google translate on my phone and it seems to be talking more about the history of Decepticon medics (noting that it's not particularly common), which is pretty cool. So it's more talking about the BM Diagnostic Drone, Scalpel, Knock Out, etc.

I assume his actual in-universe character bio is inside the box.

7. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    If only his backpack is removable for vehicle mode.

8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

As great as this is, simply because of the tolerances and overall feel, vanilla 44 deco remains supreme. In fact, having this makes me appreciate it even more.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just transformed mine back to truck mode following along with Emgo's video and got confused when I got to this part. Weird. I wonder why they remolded that.

10. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I just ordered my mp-44s form amiami. I have used them in the past and it was a good experience.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    It seems to need those clips less. Its why I think there's a good amount of tolerance adjustment and remolding in areas that allow it to not require said clips. The original (or at least mp49 from my experience) needs a bit more massaging to get the sides to line up.

12. VictoryStarSaber

VictoryStarSaber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first guess would be that locking together those clips on the original put too much stress on the part. With the better tolerances, there is no need to lock everything together and there is no need to add an extra part that might break.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Far fetched, but it would be nice to see a MP-49 reissue painted with silver waist and legs.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    They are very reliable and tend to be $10-15 cheaper than HLJ. Best to only order if you are fully committed to getting something from them as they do not like preorder cancellations and aren’t as forgiving as other retailers when it comes to those.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Thanks. I did not know that. I am now just waiting for him too ship. I paid $3 more than what amazon japan was charging so i am pleased. I tend to favor amazon japan.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, did TT improve on the knees? If so I may pick this up. I actually like the silver legs and thighs!

17. Mister Raymond

Mister Raymond CEO of Misfits Music

MP-44S has the same knees as MP-49 Black Convoy Optimus Prime. Jarrod's post #1325 should answer your questions at: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Optimus Prime

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The knees are the same as MP-49 like Mister Raymond just said, however in my experience with both the knees on 44S move much closer to the original 44. Perhaps because they’ve tightened up certain joints, but most of the time the upper joint activates before the lower joint, same as 44 has to move, when bending the knee. When extending the knee again the upper one can move first, it’s true. Still a much better experience than with MP-49.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Don’t you have that backwards? The upper joint moves first on 44 doesn’t it? Oh wait I think I’m not understanding your post. I’m talking about bending the knee from a straight leg position and you may mean the opposite.

I still haven’t transformed 44S but I was messing around with 49 and the knees are so bad. It’s definitely not idiot proof. You must be aware that the lower joint needs to be completely straightened before using the upper joint to straighten the leg or you run out of ratchet teeth on the upper joint and it flops around. I’m sure that’s what they were trying to avoid on 44. Hopefully I’ll be able to transform 44S soon so I can see what all the fuss is about. Haha

I was on vacation in Florida and I got SUPER sick so I’ve been recovering since.

20. Lklee78

Lklee78 Autobot

Yeah, on my 44 copy, from a straight leg position, the upper joint moves first until about 90 degrees before the lower joint activates to do the full knee bend. FWIW I did the knee fix when it first came out. Not sure if that’s how it’s intended to move though.