Possible MP-44+ & MP Hoist/Trailbreaker repaint..

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimalprimus, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    MP49s tolerances were awful. That waist is soooo loose.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...that's making it much easier to open my wallet. I shouldn't, but I want to...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mike Witwicky

Mike Witwicky Loyal Lieutenant

I'm not getting this but congrats to everybody who is, if you're an '80s kid, things have pretty much come full-circle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TameTyrant

TameTyrant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well that was quick. DHL just delivered mp-44s 2 days early. Transformed him a few times today and only gripe I have is the arms in truck mode don't like to sit 100% flush. On the positive side his legs are rock solid. No wobbly legs on my copy at least.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Uberbot

News Credits:
    This is my first experience with the mold, and I love it! No complaints.

1000000481.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. Dys98

Dys98 Member

Instagram:
    IMG_7130.jpeg IMG_7127.jpeg IMG_7126.jpeg IMG_7121.jpeg

Not a bad way to get MP44 as someone who was too young to afford the original release. And is it me or the upper arm swivel for both arms are kinda loose?

• Like Like x 9
  7. Adewei

Adewei Well-Known Member

Just recieved this. Compared to mp44, it’s built much much better. All the joints and limbs are much tighter and better toleranced. Pleased to say it presents very well with gorgeous paint finish. Feels better quality … IMG_8476.jpeg Very pleased with this figure…
    IMG_8502.jpeg IMG_8456.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just from skimming, I haven’t seen any good pics of him with the stickers…I doubt toyhax will do them, so I’m depending on the stock ones to be good..

• Like Like x 2
  9. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that some people are saying this one feels like a cheap KO compared to 44. Is there that much variation with joint tolerances? I haven’t transformed mine yet but the vehicle mode is a mess. Many panels are not sitting flush and the right side door won’t stay closed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless he got a lemon, no way. This one feels like a brick, in a good way

11. Adewei

Adewei Well-Known Member

I would have to agree…
    My version is Solid…. Stable, well toleranced…
    My old MP44 was great still , but this is definitely tighter and better put together in both modes.

12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if MP-49 was rushed out, due to what was going on at the time. Lack of paint, loose tolerances are the biggest differences between it and 44s. Night and day is almost an understatement comparing the two. Hope we can get a full 44 reissue at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Paco Grande

Yeah I was expecting 44S to the exact same as 49 without paint etc. I was pleasantly surprised opening 44S. Much better than 49.

I seriously doubt they will ever reissue the complete 44 set. But I have some hope that they may eventually do a toon repaint of 44S without the trailer. If the paint is tougher than 44 I would consider buying it.

14. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Have my MP-44S. Basicaly, it's just a better built, better toleranced, properly painted MP-44...

It is really good but it is definatly NOT a toy version... SO many missed opprotunities for that. Looking at the forearm stickers... they are placed over not just molded detail, but translucent detail. Those stickers are just foing to get screwed up over time. They really needed to remold the forarms to either be that sticker detail (like they did with missing link) or to just be flat so the stickers can be put on without deforming or damage. Friggn stickers to cover the yellow pelvis detail??? come on. Just paint that silver. Better yet, all that needed to be chrome like they did with MP-36+. The head? beating a dead horse here but they needed a new head. The alternate head it comes with is at least close to the toy head BUT the eyes are blue instead of yellow. Seriously... Takara did all kinds of remolding and redesign for their "missing link". Why not this? Oh... the sticker quality dos kinda suck. They did tampos for MP-36+ which cost $40 less... And this one doesn't have the electronics (thankfuly) but still has the huge friggn backpack. Friggn cheapskates.

At least this makes a good and proper colred replacement for the orifinal MP-44.

Sorry for being salty.

• Like Like x 3
  15. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    basically because in reality this is not the toy version is a mp 44 light for the ones that cant pay the the normal one and honestly that is great

16. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess that is part of my point.

Don't get me wrong. I DO like MP-44S. Way better than my original MP-44. This is the one going in the cabnet and the original is going into storage. BUT, I am clarifying to everyone as well as my self tha this is NOT a toy version like MP-36+ .... and i wish that it was... and I think TT was being cheap too.

• Like Like x 4
  17. h0nchkrow

h0nchkrow “Did somebody say…black repaint?!”

Got mines in. Overall happy with the purchase. Bottom left knee ratchet stopped working after a bit but doesn’t bother me enough ruin my experience. Now to wait on the Comet Shot head
    IMG_3130.jpeg IMG_3125.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Paco Grande

Did you try to fiddle with that left knee joint? On MP-49 it's possible to run out of ratchet teeth if you bend the knees a certain way. But you can fix it by simply bending the joints. The mechanism on 44 would prevent that from happening but 44S and 49 removed that part because it was breaking. It only happened to me once when I first got 49 so I don't remember what I did to fix it.

19. Tim luckey

Tim luckey Member

It\'s been so long since I\'ve pulled my original version out of its box I almost forgot about that POS Energon axe, I remember buying a KO and selling the figure and keeping the axe cause I had to heavily modify it so it would sit more accurately on his hand 

20. MikuruMatt

MikuruMatt Well-Known Member

I ended up caving as I thought I ought to get Megs+ a friend! Pretty cool figure actually.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7