Possible London shooting locations

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Nov 2, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    If they DO shoot in London for TF4, what possible shooting locations do you think they may utilize?

The Thames. Perhaps the most obvious choice, because of this:
    The World Is Not Enough Extended Scene: The Thames Boat Chase [HQ] - YouTube
    It’s way overdue for an aquatic action sequence in these films. I can see Optimus Prime jetskiing/surfing across the Thames taking out Seacons, Sharkticons and Krakens.

Hyde Park. It’d be a great place for a battle.

The London Underground. Underground is a great setting for a battle, or a NEST/Decepticon lair.

Or they’ll probably do like ROTF and have this happen:
    Image:London war without end uk.jpg - Transformers Wiki

One thing's for sure: London will be blitzed to hell and back with Baysplosions.

2. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Wherever it is, this is a once in a lifetime chance, so I'll hopefully go :D  For some reason, I reckon the london eye is a likely location. Imagine that as a frame for a space bridge.

3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, you might wanted to have written "filming" instead of shooting. Just caught my eye a certain way, so I'm sure it did for others.

4. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how do you know london may get added.?

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not me, 'cause if he actually meant a literal shooting it would be in general discussion.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope the royals are parodied like how Dubya was parodied in the first Transformers movie.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I'm with you, actually. I thought "Oh gosh no, a shooting?".

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm guessing they will have the London Eye in some of the shots if they want to sell the location as being London. Just seems to be one of those landmarks that end up in just about any movie or TV show that says hey this is London.

I can't remember the building's name but that one that kind of looks like 1950's rocket ship might show up as well. Kind of hard to watch something like BBC America without the building showing up several times a day.

Oddly some of the old landmarks like Big Ben have sort of fallen out of favor with film makers and TV crews so I don't know if they would go old school with the landmarks or just focus on the new landmarks.

9. Heavynova

Heavynova Oh, the nostalgia...

Been confirmed for a few weeks now.

10. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Might go to Big Ben, I'd like t see that, only seen the Sherlock Holmes movie being made.

11. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Because he is probably British and is a bit delusional.The main protagonist is some kind of Texan Cheerleader and her boyfriend I think.Correct me if I'm wrong.Bay wont even get close to thinking of filming a movie in London.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    As long as I get Warpath voiced by Brian Blessed with the Challenger 2 alt mode, I'm happy.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :sly2: 

You're right, Bay won't dare go to England. The United States of America, Egypt, France, Jordan, China, Russia, and Cambodia are fine. But London? Puh-lease.

14. RobtimusPrime

RobtimusPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    My university, Greenwich, is often used as a film location. They did a lot of Les Miserables there, along with past Bond films and On Stranger Tides :)  plus many others.

Though, because the buildings are quite old and grand, I don't know what purpose they'd serve in a robo-carnage, pissy-little-humans movie. :\

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, I think you are right. A movie studio wanting to sell a film internationally would never take advantage of London being seen world wide during the summer Olympics. Ha ha, or take advantage of the BBC being global so that London shows up on TV sets around the world. Or take advantage of what London has been doing to attack TV shows and movie to film in the city.

My guess is that people just aren't looking at the advantages the film would get for filming part of the movie in London. The question really doesn't seem to be why film in London but why not film in London?

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Not a bad idea but the Transformers are big. If we saw them fight in London, the fine architecture which sets London apart from other major cities in the work will get shrunken down

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. Most of the world seems to hate the English these days so why not go there and blow some of it up? And Bay must be running out of American places to explode for his movies so he could do with some new destruction fodder.

You mean The Gherkin? Or as I call it: The London Butt Plug. A giant butt plug sounds perfect for a BayFormers movie location. Or perhaps London is actually Metroplex and The Gherkin is really Metro's robo-erection. Cue in-movie Bay-joke about 'Jerkin the gherkin'. :) 
    Probably because of the high density of chavs. They're the new Pearly Kings and Queens of the capital city.

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Heh, I used to go to Greenwich University, what campus you on?

Personally if they do shoot this in London they really need to do it in the Olympic park. Seriously, right now its sitting empty (because according to Olympic rules the host nation of the last games must keep the grounds able to host another games, just in case the news guys don't deliver) and really it was such a global advertisement (assuming your country had decent athletes) it would be a crazily missed opportunity not to shoot there.

Seriously, the Decepticons have moved into a large open stadium which is laying unused by the humans! It has great transport links to all over London! When we get bored we can go to Westfield Stratford and do some shopping!

Its the PERFECT DECEPTICON LAIR!

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We dont want him, please take him back D:

20. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    film up in Newcastle or get some con to stand and crush the stadium of light :p