Possible indication of a CW Swindle retool

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AllSpark Ferret, Jan 28, 2016.

1. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I've found something on CW Swindle that suggests either a part was removed to save costs or there's a planned retool of the mold.

The roof piece is attached with one of those friction joints where the rotation joint slots into a gap and a little nub on each side slide through a small slot and go into small holes at either side.

On Swindle, there are similar slots with holes for either the little nubs or a pin, either side of the roof joint. The roof piece is clearly designed for something to connect at either side of the connection to the bar that connects it to Swindles back. It could mean there's a retool where something different attaches on rotating joints to the roof pice although, as Swindle is, the fists and forearms would get in the way. The other possibility is that there was some sort of windscreen piece that fitted in there, perhaps in transparent plastic. Tried to attach a picture but keep getting an invalid message.

2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I don't have Swindle handy but could this be a byproduct of him being a retool of Rook?

3. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

I believe those spots are for his gun. At least that's what I use it for. Check out the feedback section for him. Other's suggested it first.