Possible green initiative with Hasbro packaging?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jul 14, 2010.

1. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the paper ties are more green (cost) than green eco-friendly. As far as the boxes go, smaller boxes = more toys to a carton = more product per skid = more profitability.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

They don't have a metal wire through the middle of them which makes them un-recyclable or compostable.

Yes, Hasbro is making efforts to be more green with their packaging. You could look anywhere in general and find more companies are finding ways to do so. Safeco Field here, for example, has a limited number of actual "trash" cans now as all their food plates, trays, and cups are compostable.

3. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
  4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Actually I starter a thread like this 6-8 months ago,with the Bumblebee and Soundwave
    NEST two pack,those had the same ties.I am so glad that Hasbro is going eco-friendly
    somewhat,as I have been on my families ass about recycling and stuff.I also like how
    someone mentioned that Hasbro has also started making the boxes smaller.

Finally somewhere I heard that the boxes and packaging is recycled but not sure where
    I read this so please don't quote me on this.Thanks all.

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But they aren't on the fingers ouch. It felt like I had rug burn in my finger tips trying to get SeaSpray out of the box.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Heck, I'll do it right now.

I friggin' hate these things. They're too unbendable and straw-like for me to just undo the knots, so I have to cut them instead, and some of them are tied so close to the actual figure I'm afraid of cutting the figure when I have to use scissors to cut the ties. (And I think I have scraped the figures once or twice with said scissors accidentally.) Plus you can't really use them for anything else, and they aren't as sturdy as the older plastic twist ties, so they have to use big bunches of them for the larger toys.

Ugh. Gimme back my old twist ties. I couldn't care less about the "eco-friendliness" of them. That stuff's a loada bullhonkey anyways.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    two words... NAIL CLIPPERS... no worry about damaging toy, and toy gets removed in significantly less time then trying to untwist or untie, regardless of which style is used...