Possible G1 Hound Reissue(cartoon colors)?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, Dec 16, 2022.

1. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not in this case. The material choices look chincy. Not just that, but the cartoon homage looks really bad on a toy that should never be that way. Just a soulless cash grab trying to pass something off as something it should never be.

If they want cartoon deco, they need a dedicated retool to make the toy look closer to the cartoon. Seeing that there is nothing tactile to bring this mold closer to the cartoon, it is obvious that they are just trying to cash in on nostalgia but in this case it is a lie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

Do we know any other g1 reissue coming soon? or is hound the only one that we know so far?

3. ChrizGman

ChrizGman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Hasbro still have the mold for Grimlock, which last time I heard they don't have it anymore.

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    nah, this line is cool as fuck. You just don’t like it and are coming up with excuses. If you want a 100% toon accurate model you can get a Masterpiece.

this line is like toy accurate repaints of Masterpieces, just like MP-36+, except in reverse. It’s damn cool to see how these original toys look dressed up like the animation, and the differences between the toys and the animation models are precisely the charm here.

this is almost certainly part of The Transformers: The Movie Retro G1 line which just gave us a pink Hot Rod and a Starscream.
    Remains to be seen if we’ll get reissues of characters who didn’t appear in the movie also, though. Maybe they’ll drop “The Movie” part to branch out.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's less effort because you don't like it.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they technically didn't have Hound either. If they did it was pretty bad.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

No need for Hound, but if this means more G1 reissues coming? BRING IT!!

Still hoping for Skywarp, Thundercracker and Bitzwing (a man can dream)...and even though they've been done to death, the G1 box style
    Insecticons would be auto boughts for me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

Good luck with getting an Astrotrain like that. An Astrotrain that can fit a standing Devastator, the six 6 seekers, insecticons, Soundwave and his cassettes, and Blitzwing would be bigger than the Unicron figure that recently got released.

• Like Like x 2
  9. legion

legion Well-Known Member

Just because XIII doesn’t like it, it shouldn’t make his criticisms any less valid. It is possible for a person to not like something and still have valid criticisms.

For instance, I was often critical of Hasbro’s apparent cheapness whenever they would release a toy with hardly any paint on it, while Takara would go the extra mile and paint the same toy up beautifully for their release. Even though I was critical of the Hasbro version and personally didn’t like it, my criticisms were based on the fact that Takara put more effort into their product, which was clearly undeniable to any unbiased observer.

Although some people like unpainted plastic and the way it looks, I almost always thought that Takara’s well painted releases looked so much better. But to each their own.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They didn’t have Rattrap either, and as some have pointed out, it’s likely Hound is a recreated mould as well.

• Like Like x 3
  11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well, that's a little disappointing. My TFC Hound had no problems so I was looking forward to a G1 box reissue. For the toy, I'm concerned about the yellowing because I just don't trust that they've really fixed it. They probably patted themselves on the back shaving a few cents per million when they changed the formula in the first place. If they actually did something about it, though, fine. But the box, yeah, no display value in another "robot with elephantitis squats and reaches to steal your purse."

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just…wha…err…ya see…

I got nothin’.

13. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    The appeal of the G1 toys is that they are the G1 toy. Like Hot Rod, for example... you want a movie-accurate Hot Rod toy? SS86 has you covered. But those colors on the G1 toy just emphasize that it's NOT the G1 toy.

And no, I doubt they take up any mainline slots. And I suppose it didn't bother me that they did Hot Rod and Starscream because they just reissued Hot Rod and Starscream in their original colors. But I find Hound supremely irritating because I could definitely use a Hound reissue- in the original colors, not like this.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That comment made me look up how much the Takara reissue from the early 2000s runs on Ebay, and it made me realize... the secondary market is flooded with bootlegs trying to mimic the original G1 toy right down to the packaging. Hasbro releasing new decos on the G1 molds might be their idea to get product out that the bootleggers aren't making.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tarphedon

Tarphedon Strategist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If Hasbro and Takara-Tomy have abandoned the market to KO's that's their loss. It's no different than the media companies abandoning streaming because of piracy. The real problem is their pandering to Walmart and Amazon and their useless bottom feeding service. Most people would buy legit if it was available, just as streaming has been successful in spite of piracy.

16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    This looks hilariously bad. Garbage colours. Way to bastardised G1 Hound's toy. Poor thing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I get and feel the same with how if this is the official, Hound's color came out. Subdued green looks ugh! The orig G1 was glossy smooth green plastic. Only painted part was his face and his rear diecast part. His winch, hologram gun, shoulder launcher and tracking scope are chromed.
    So if you missed out then this is the best riute to own him. Cheap(?)

18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    the appeal of this line is seeing those original G1 designs dressed up in their toon colours. How they could have been released if the toy makers had lined up a little more with the animation model designers at the time. Yes the differences are emphasised but so are the similarities, and that’s precisely the appeal.

As for Hot Rod and Starscream, maybe look again? The two new reissues are entirely in cartoon accurate colours, they are not toy accurate reissues. Hound is a release clearly designed to go alongside them. It’s a fresh new take on G1 reissues which a lot of us are absolutely here for

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Yeah, if you want the molds in the original colors just get the original stuff lol

• Like Like x 6
  20. SolidusEdge

SolidusEdge Well-Known Member

Really hoping I can get a toon accurate G1 soundwave for a reasonable price in this series, been wanting to add the G1 mold to my Soundwave collection.

• Like Like x 2