Possible Botcon toy? G2 Skram or RID Side Burn?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Omega Supreme-1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    That's gotta be Slicer. If it's not, I'm calling him Slicer anyways. He's my favorite goofy UK Action Master deco. Yes, I'm counting Omega Spreem and Thundacrackah. XD

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Talked it out with Gryph and it seems like it'll be SG Wheeljack. Keep in mind souvenir sets dont have to be linked to that year's set, we did get Razorclaw and Elita-One last year after all.

That said, I've always wanted this toy done up as Slicer, so that's one souvenir set I have to get. I know people are down on the mold but it's fine, not bad or great, but good enough. And it's design strikes Slicer/Wheeljack a lot better than Cybertron Downshift. But then there's his pack-in toy... I can only think of SG Galvatron since the Evac mold hasn't been used for Botcon yet. That would be an awesome set.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Most likely SG Wheeljack, since Downshift has a molded on Autobot symbol.

4. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

how in the world do people get the toys before their released nice find

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    oooohhh, good point, i'd forgotten about those...

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Been talking this one over with BraveMax today.

I'll note that Wheeljack has a molded faction emblem on his chest (yes, he does, it's shallow and small, but it's not just paint, and subsequent uses of the mold didn't smooth it over). Also, no BotCon toy to date has had the molded emblems removed (Rhinox, for example), unless that change was already made by Hasbro for their own use, due to the obvious expense of even a simple change like that.

Given that, and the deco match as SG Wheeljack, I'm going to say this is almost certainly part of a 2-pack along the lines of Elita-1 and Razorclaw last year. Not related to the current year's story, but tied to prior club/con stories dirctly.

I am also going to speculate (BraveMax's pitch, and I agree entirely), that a very, very likely pack-mate for this figure is SG Galvatron. The size is right for a match to last year's setup (Deluxe + Voyager), and there really aren't any other unmade SG characters either of us can think of that are based on the right size of toy to make the pack work.

In other words, to borrow from Obi-Wan "It's not a BotCon 2010 toy, from a certain point of view".

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    If this does end up as SG Wheeljack, I'll probably still buy it and pretend it's G1 Slicer (just ignore the insignia... or say he's a defected Autobot or somethin), but I'd skip a Galvatron. That'd save me some money...

8. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:

9. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I please, please, please let this be the case. Ever since SG Galvatron debuted, I've felt it made a much better Universe Galvatron than the actual figure we got. SG WJ/Slicer would simply be icing. Delicious, strangely colored icing.

10. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

Sweet i love the mold since i got it for christmas and made it 100 times better as a henkei-ish look. I can't wait to get the mold again love it. The Botcon set doesnt fail all the way yet.

11. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    I suppose I could also see the other toy in the pack being SG Soundwave or Ironfist or Hound w/ Ravage. Both having been suggested earlier in this thread...

12. Triceratron

Triceratron Active Member

Well, last year they had a set that had figures that went with two previous Botcons, why can't this be one for the last two as well? One SG and possibly one WoH. Of course it may be wishful thinking, since I want to see a WoH Ironfist from Hound myself. Of course, even if Slicer isn't G2, he's a brightly colored European exclusive that came out just before G2, like Pyro and Clench; maybe he's one of the remaining Decepticons left after the main forces left earth and part of the reason G2 comes to be in this story. Heck, being a Wheeljack repaint, he probably plays the role of mad scientist that copies the new technologies present in the G2 bots.

Just speculating.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
  14. Maniacal Matt

Maniacal Matt Got pie?

Not digging this at all.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's not for Botcon (as someone "in the know" has already stated) then what the he'll is it for? HftD? Generations? I hope the symbol is filled in.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If it isn't a Botcon exclusive, the only other thing that it could be, imo, is a Generations figure. HftD is, for the most part, movie themed (Seaspray, for example, has some movie influence, but is mostly Classics-styled), so I doubt a repaint of an Energon figure would end up in that line. While it is a really obscure thing to homage, that wouldn't be all that surprising the way Hasbro has been going the past couple of years. Specifically with Generations in mind, Darkmount (aka Straxus) is a really obscure homage too, so one more wouldn't at all be surprising to see.

Though I still think this is most likely a Botcon exclusive. The color scheme fits this years overall theme, and the figure next to him looks as though it could be the Rapido figure we saw a while back (though there is little to go off of, so it could easily be another figure entirely).

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He could still be HfD if he's an exclusive. Remember all the walmart movie exclusives that were intended for Universe/Classics but Wally wanted movie packaging...

In any case, as old as the mold is, it really FEELS like something the club would do... Maybe it's for the custom class, I don't know...

18. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Oh I am just talking out my a$$. My friends and I love messing with peoples when they start wildly speculating... Joke's run it's course. I have no clue who this is.

19. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    D'oh!!!

20. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Oh, that was hilarious! You should be so proud!