Possible Alternators/Binaltech Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by quantumhawk, May 31, 2006.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    This is a surprise indeed. Nice, and can't wait to see Megatron on shelves.

2. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Man, I hope this pans out.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd much rather see this as MP-05 Megatron than an Alternator. I'd prefer if my Alts all stay in scale, and that would be difficult to do with the tank, unless it's a $60 Alt. A Masterpiece figure can tweak the tank mode enough so we get the robot mode we see, while a fully-licensed alt would probably have to make some concessions in the design. Either way, though, I just heard my wallet let out a little yelp. Or maybe that was my wife....

-Tony!

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Looking back to reports that came out of Botcon 2005, they said they were looking into expanding the Alternators toy line to include non-car figures such as military vehicles and planes. Although at that time they said they didn't have any solid designs in the works yet. So there is the possibility that they could have finally come up with some solid designs... Anyway, this would be an awesome Megatron figure if it's the real deal.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dunno if this is legit or not but...

I've always found tank TFs to be way too simple in their transformation. Looks like megs, but also looks boring. Then again, it also looks fake so we'll see.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm way more excited about this than if Megatron was any car.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

excellent. I hope we see this in stores.

8. Sepultron

Sepultron .

IF it's real and IF it's released: It'll be a dream come true.

IF it's only fan-art: I respectfully request that the individual who created it please come forward so we can move on to the next "rumor".

Honestly though, I just don't see how it could, well... work. Seems like a lot of the "tank" is missing in robot mode. Among other things.

9. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was super excited to see this when I first turned on the computer today, but the more I look at it, the more fake it looks. The body is SO g1 it is awesome, but his face really leaves somthing to be desired. I would love for a design like this to become a masterpeice.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see why it COULDN'T be legit. Not all concept work gets to the finished stage, maybe this was the initial sketch? I'm sure Don had tons of rough sketches before the final one that got leaked online.

Hell Maybe this was the initial stage in development and this thing is way past what we have seen. Perhhaps more detailed and with silver paints? Who knows.

And if this was false outright I'm sure this and the smokescreen topic would have been taken down.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    hmmmm, well i'm skeptical, but not entirely disbelieving.

i could relaly see a larger price point variable scale 'military Alternators' line (probably with a different name.) with this and a plastic version of Starscream.

i do agree that some of the G1 Megs details come off a little too fanwanky, but since this was posted by the same guy who put up the Smokescreen clour chart I'm inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt (with a grain or 5 of salt, mind you) for the time being.

IF real, i'd have preferred a Green deco like the one done in this thread, but would still buy this in a heartbeat, and easily think it was the best Megatron ever...

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I don't care in what size or scale that toy appears, I just want one. That Megatron is really cool.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    if this it's a BT/Alt i must say: YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! :rock  :rock  Finally a non-car kick-ass ALt.!!!!!:lol 
    If it's real, and if it's not then it's a good concept.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm... don't see any reason why it couldn't be real. It does look a little too fanwanky, but this year they really seem to be giving the G1 fanboys (like me) alot of nods. I wouldn't be surprised if this and the Hasbro version of MP Screamer were part of some kind of military subline for the Alternators. Hasbro did say that right after botcon last year they were going to start talks with Takara about doing alternator toys in a military format. They also mentioned a possible lower pricepoint involving motorcycles and what not.

Well, here's hoping it's real, because this is what I wanted more from a Classics Megatron than what we got in the Classics line. And I do like the tan color scheme as that's what alot of the Abrams that we saw in Operation Desert Shield/Storm were decoed up like.

And if it's not legit I'd appreciate the responsible party actually saying that it's fanart.

15. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Any confirmation on this yet? I'm really hoping this is real. A well-done G1 Megatron has been severely lacking in the recent homages and updates.

16. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wait, is everyone saying that the crosswise smokescreen deco is a fake??

17. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    u know after sleeping on the thought that this could be part of the alt line, i seriously doubt it now. with a clear head, i thought who would hasbro REPAINT/MOLD this tank into. maybe a head sculpt into galv but the way the repaints from Alternators are coming these days, i dont think so.

it could be part of another line tho. i agree w/ Laser Op that this shouldve been the megs for the classics instead of NERF pistol megs.

18. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

What does "Fanwanky" mean? All memorable characters should be recognizable. The G1 bots are the most recognized Heck, you could argue they carried the TF brand for all these years. I mean ever since G1, there have been a lot of craptactular Megatron designs out there. I'm happy that Has/Tak is being decisive about the look of their robot characters. Do you think that a DC toy of Superman wearing his blue costume and red cape is Fanwanky? To me, it's ok to have a new look every once in awhile, but to always remember the root of what made that character popular to begin with. G1 Megatron, to most people is the only Megatron. He isnt green with plyers on his head,or purple with wings. He isn't funny or dundering.
    Great Job whoever designed this!!!!

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    to me it's the trapezoidal gut details being so on model to the cartoon with no real apparent advantage to the mold + the feet being based on the G1 toy again at a surprising level that's really not necessarily advantageous ~ those are the details that just make me a bit skeptical.

regardless, i agree it's a really nice design, and i appreciate those nods were this to come to fruition as a real figure. hell, i'd be friggin' ecstatic.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. When I say it's kind of fanwanky I don't mean it in a bad way. It's just that the overall design seems to have been forceably worked towards being massively based on the G1 toy and animation model of Megatron. Even though they don't seem to fit into any possible transformations I can come up with in my head. It's sure possible, but I'm figuring that if this is a higher priced alt subline than it's totally possible for Hasbro/Takara-Tomy to engineer this thing. Hell, look what they did with 20th Prime and MP Screamer.