Possible Alternators/Binaltech Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by quantumhawk, May 31, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I really hope if this is for the Alt line they reconsider the colors...but that is a cool design...I knew the G1 Megs body style would better fit a tank than a walther P38

2. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Silver? no. Grey? Easy - that's just non-desert urban camo.

I really, really hope this is real, because this is pretty much everything I want from a counterpiece to MP Prime, and has been for years.

Phazer

3. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree 100%. Never liked Megs as a gun really and the G2 mold was a bit crap (and errr, green). This is pretty much the Megatron I NEED. He would look amazing next to MP-03 and if they could make him stand eye to eye with Masterpiece Prime well, I'd never need to even look at another Megatron for as long as I live.

Having him grey would be even better.

Fan art or not, this has me excited.

Steve.

4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Im impressed by that. It actually looks like Megatron should look. I appreciate how they managed to retain his G1 bot mode so well.
    It might be nice to see how a greyish metallic color works on him.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

:rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  Oh, and whatever line this design is for (hopefully a movie design) it gets an A++++++++++ from me!!!!!!!!:rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :

6. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

QFT

As long as he's in any line, it'll be my Ultimate Megatron to end all Megatrons. And no other will topple him over, as of yet. :rock 

7. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

A 1:72 Tank would be very small, somewhere between a mainline basic and deluxe (5.3 inches includeding the length of the main gun barrel pointed forward). more likely "standard" scales are 1:32 (which would make 12 Inches) or 1:48 (8 Inches)

an M1A2 in 1/24 would be 16 inches long While this is large for a TF Hasbro have in recent years produced the GiJoe Patriot Grizzly: which was a fairly realisitcally scalled 1:18 Tank (although less complicated than a transformer of the same size would be)

Come on.... you do NOT paint a tank in Urban Camo. In an urban environment you either hide the tank inside a building or it sticks out like a sore thumb no matter how its painted.

Generally though I would prefer woodland colours if they have to go for a standard paint scheme

8. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Looks cool, hopfully not a fanart.

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

it almost looks like its a color model for an animated show! Maybe the TF cartoon based on the new movie?

10. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think its real, but hope the colors change to urban camo. It also appears that the transformation is very simple. In fact, it looks to be similar to the other megatron tank molds we have gotten in the past.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That looks really cool. Great homage to the original and G2 at the same time.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure quite exactly how all parts of this are supposed to transform (mostly just wondering where half of the treads go) but it reminds me a lot of a fanart design of an M1 Abrams Megatron I drew some years back. (which was based off the Micromaster Bombshock design - front end becomes the legs, and the backend becomes a slab-chest). Real or not, I like the design, and how much of the G1 cartoon look carries over to the new form. Only thing I'm not too crazy about is the overall sand color. I'd probably be more forgiving of the tan if it was broken up more, or at least if the helmet wasn't tan too.

Looking forward to seeing a toy, or learning the truth about the drawing, either one.

13. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hmmm... I think like some us here that this artwork is fanart. I say this because so far the Alt line is car and truck based. If he is to fit into the Alternators series, he is likely the start to the rumored 1:72 to 1:48 scale military figures.

I highly doubt he will be 1:24 because of his size if he was. He'd be about 2 times or more wider the Optimus Prime, and quite a bit longer. It would be a logistical nightmare to produce Megatron at this scale and retain a $20 price point.

If this is indeed real, then I strongly feel he is the start to the Decepticon based (or weighted) Military Alternators toyline. I do think in robot mode, with whatever scale used, he would be equal in stature to Alternators Optimus Prime.

Now, what about that Civic, Jaguar and other rumored Alts? ANY news on them, or on Rumble? I'm dying for Mirage (like most of us), and want more vehicular Alternators/Binaltech before the Military Alternators line starts.

14. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the same thing. Here is a quick pic I put together using the tank from te new TF movie to find corresponding parts...
    [​IMG]

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I prefer these colors to urban camo.
    Megatron should have a cold, tech look. Besides, he wasn't the type of Transformer that needed to hide.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Wait a minute. Didn't Hasbro say there weren't any plans for a Megatron Alternator? If so, then what the fudgemonkeys are we seeing here? It's too good to be seeing an Alt. Megs so soon. This has to be really good fanart.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah that's pretty hot. Though I'd prefer gray/silver to the tan. Let's hope it's legit.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, but I think if Hasbro brings out military vehicles such as this and the MP Starscream, they might find a new line name other than Alternators.

19. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Rumble will probably surface late summer/early fall. The Jaguar story came from a Hasbro UK employee... and those of you who are regulars here will know that ANY information that comes from Hasbro UK should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'd guess they mixed up the XKR with the X *L* R.

Apparently the XLR has shown up as a listing in Wal-Mart computers..... but then they had a Mitsubishi listing for a while too.

As for the $20 price point...... i *think* the North American version of Starscream will be part of some sort of extension (greater price point) or variation of the Alt line.

It might not even be called Alternators,but it may still be designed to complement the line.

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Apparantly, that survey doesn't say MP-04 or "next" Masterpiece, it just asks who people would like to see as a MP toy. Could be MP-24 for all we know.