Possibility Beast Wars Movie!?(by Lorenzo di Bonaventura)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Mar 12, 2019.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No BW movie until the storyline movie started with Bumblebee is done. Please.

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    As a huge Beast Wars fan, I say no Beast Wars movie, please, no matter who it's made by.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

The bayverse is not g1 adaptation. It is its own universe and its own characters.
    Key things like prime killing both sentinel prime and megatron shows how vastly different prime is. And that is while neglecting altmodes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah, how have I not heard about this? I can't seem to find any article relating to this "allegation" anywhere, could you possible elaborate on how exactly he tried to sabotage peter cullen? If it doesn't line up with board rules in terms of relevancy, could you potentially dm me?

All I can say is dick move, man, dick move.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

As a wise man once said, cocaine's a hell of a drug.

I don't think we need to worry about BW since Hasbro's content to stay in G1 retro mode for the time being.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody better bitch when Cheetor is a tiger and Primal is a pit-bull. This isn't the 90s and characters can be reimagined. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

And who the fuck said we wanted the Beast Wars movie to be live action in the first place?

8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I definitely remember hearing about this as well, something along the lines of Lorenzo having Cullen's partner in reading lines for the day not show up or something so he couldn't audition. I tried to find it on TFWiki just now but couldn't.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

They created movies with the intent of capitalizing on the nostalgia that normal, non-fan people had for Transformers. That's the Sunbow cartoon. Because at that point, the Sunbow cartoon was the only thing 99.9% of Americans were familiar with or had any nostalgia for. Whatever they changed, whatever they got wrong, is all completely beside the point.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I'm trying to be more positive so bear with me, folks.

I get that there is some negativity towards Lorenzo. I understand. But, we need to give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't know his intentions.

I also understand that some of you hold Beast Wars close and sacred to your hearts. Again, I understand.

Its hard to say how a Beast Wars adaptation will turn out. Maybe it could be good, or maybe it could be bad. We don't know for certain.

What matters right now is that Bay has largely been ousted from the movies, and Bumblebee has been the most successful movie in Transformers to date. We just need to think about the positives rather than the negatives.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That's a bummer but to be perfectly honest I can't see how a Beast Wars movie could ever live up to the story of the cartoon. Yes, seeing a modern CGI take on the characters would be a soggy dream come true but I'm about 85% certain I'd leave the theater incredibly disappointed by whatever lame story they come up with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Goddamn! Y'all really hate Lorenzo. What for? He financed a bunch of movies, he didn't break in and steal your appliances. The Transformers you guys grew up with live on anyway...so, what's the problem?

He's right in his concerns! Even coming from someone such as myself, who would love the public to accept Transformers media based on the post-1980s stories, is fully aware that there are fewer people who know of Beast Wars vs. people who know of G1. (However, the vast majority of the world's population didn't know who the Guardians of the Galaxy were before 2014, and yet, here we are.)

A BW movie would, as financially described, have to be a project that they know would sit well with the public; otherwise, it's a loss, and I can imagine how big of a task it would be. Remember the part in the 2005 King Kong where Kong fights a T. rex? Well, take that, "remaster" it, and then have them convert (onscreen, y'all will REEEEE into infinity if they do it offscreen) into completely different silhouettes altogether, and add A-to-A-minus-list talents voicing them. It'd be a really big undertaking!

Incidentally, do y'all call your eyes "optics"? Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don’t believe much that comes out of this guy’s mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kindomtoys

kindomtoys Member

You make an interesting argument for an older age group watching a different movie. I grew up with the Sunbow cartoon and would tend to agree. But i have some additional data you should consider...

Considering BEAST WARS - When asking 10 to 18 year old kids about Transformers, they all jump to Beast Wars and how awesome it was. They like the G1 cartoons, but aren't invested the way you may think. I say this, because I am older. The next generation that is being attracted to the BEAST WARS Movies is that young adult that watched the series years ago. It is their Nostalgia now. Basic point is that Hasbro and company is making this movie to capture their primary target, the young adults that are maturing today. "WE" as the older G1 market is secondary and will probably give them a boost.

The analogy is a movie like FROZEN - That movie made a mint. Boys were a secondary market. It was primarily targeted towards the population of girls.

• Like Like x 2
  15. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lorenzo has trouble picking and choosing

16. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate lots of fans love Beast Wars ... i have tried to watch it ( and Beast Machines ) but they were not for me . I never really liked robots turning into animals or being covered in fur .

I cant say i would like them to make  a Beast Wars movie and i cant imagine the wider public wanting to see a Transformers movie so different . For most people transformers change into vehicles .

That said , I think its nice that they are even thinking about branching away from the usual cast of bots .

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I prefer Transmetals bots over the organic ones in Beast Wars...

• Like Like x 1
  18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That was my thought exactly.

19. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

You're allowed to not like Beast Wars, but you do realise that you have an image of Sludge as your avatar, don't you? He is literally a "robot that turns in to an animal".

You see Cheetor and Tigatron next to regular organic cheetahs and tigers, and they are the same size. Everyone else is a bit all over the place though. (Rattrap is a huge rat, Megatron is a fairly small T-Rex, and god knows what size a dragon is supposed to be.)

• Like Like x 1
  20. BubbleMax

BubbleMax Well-Known Member

Set on modern day Earth and the Cybertronian cast transform into a combination of cryptids and present day animals. You wouldn\'t have the actual vehicles to use on set in this case but would it really cost that much more. Perhaps with animal cgi it would.

• Like Like x 1