Possibility Beast Wars Movie!?(by Lorenzo di Bonaventura)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’m not a beast wars revival guy, but Lorenzo needs to be removed.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Dito. Anything BW has to be under Bob and Larry's control so we at least have people who feel the world and the characters working on it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    450 million? How much of that would be for dying Ron Perlman's body hair?

I really don't think BW needs a movie so expensive, or even needs a live action movie. It would work best as an animated (either 2D or CGI) movie, be it it's own thing or a spin-off of the live action movies.

It would be interesting what would change with the million years ago earth setting, considering that's short time for G1, but in the Bay universe, that's long before the first known cybertronians.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $450 million budget my ass, he's just making up reasons to not make it. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy is franchise poison

• Like Like x 3
  6. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the smash success of spiderverse, why don’t they just make an animated movie and lower the budget? Or don’t try for a theatrical release, make it a Netflix movie. I’d be happy with beast wars with TF Prime quality animation.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think Hasbro would do well to consider an animated film universe like DC has had for a while. Those don't cost nearly as much to make, you can aim them at adults, and you can do all the wild shit you want like Beast Wars, last stand of the wreckers, their animated prequel movie they've apparently been working on, etc. Just don't pull another machinima disaster and we're good.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I dislike him, I would like someone here to prove it otherwise. Who here works in the industry and can tell us how much it would cost?

• Like Like x 1
  9. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

See, this clown was only interested in selling tickets to that Bumblebee movie so he made stuff up to get gullible people in seats when people just shouldn\'t have gone given his prior statements.

There\'s a couple of things that ideally should be happening at Hasbro, one of which might be happening.

1. A Netflix series or series of movies totally about the Transformers with good writers writing about the war and the bots not people looking to shove in their political agendas like Mairghread Scott or James Roberts. Nick Roche would be my choice, knows his stuff and doesn\'t bog it down with nonsense but instead provides escapism with heart. 

2. Hasbro now own Power Rangers. They should be looking into a crossover or a versus series. Have them exist in the same world. Maybe even link the sentience of the zords to being Transformers themselves seeing as how they transform and combine anyway. Or maybe Zordon is influenced by meetings with the Transformers and that\'s where he gets the idea for thr zords. I did like the mech aspect of the new movie but in MMPR they cared for and were friends with the zords.

3. Make a new animated show about Beast Wars, set it like The Gathering in that a new crew arrive just after the original crew leave or set it in a similar way like The Gathering setting where they can see the original crew but they can\'t interact or interrupt them. 

The Animation has been on the slide since TFA. They need to rejuvinate it and quick. 

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I love how a lot of people are excited about the idea of them adapting Beast Wars into a live-action movie.

As if they don't remember the entire decade of complaining about how badly the same people butchered adapting G1 into live-action movies.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Lorenzo seriously must do research on Beast Wars: Transformers in order for this movie to work out. I can also see the Maximals and Predacons being voiced via motion capture since they’re all the exact size of real-life animals.

12. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Dear Mr. Bonaventura,

Beast Wars was the series that got me into Transformers and has been my favourite Transformers series ever since. It’s a massive part of my childhood. Please don’t do to it what you did to G1 all those years ago. Please.

I’m not saying a movie would be a bad idea. I’m just saying, your track record doesn’t exactly fill me with hope.

Regards,
    Some whiny guy on the internet

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Awesome. Just got a new popcorn machine too! :popcorn 

14. hardedge

hardedge Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    The best way for them to reenter Beast Wars territory is to use the plot to justify changes to that timeline.. have other characters go back in time to alter the Beast Wars timeline. This way w can have the old canon as well as a new one with the same characters. This can also have them change badly received plotlines without discrediting the old story.

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh god yes. Everyone has been wanting those for years. I would love an adaptation of LSOTW or MTMTE.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Hard NO.

Live action Beast Wars?

So, live action with a disturbingly incredible amount of CGI. It's Avatar, but with animals.

Movie gets made, doesn't even cover half the production costs and then Transformers as a whole will be deemed a failure.

Maybe deep down they want to murder the Transformers name.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier for a Best Wars movie to be animated? I mean the show was set on prehistoric earth, before human society, there wouldn't be a human plot, and surely it'd be more seamless if the CG transformers were in a CG environment instead of overlaying footage of, basically, empty natural shots? Plus for the first time the voice actors of the transformers (the STARS of these films, could actually get top billing in the credits and not relegated to after 'that one guy who did that thing in that one scene'.

• Like Like x 2
  18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    That's what I'm taking from it.
    *Waspinator begins to cry*

• Like Like x 1
  19. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't even trust RainMaker[MainFrame] to do an adaption, remake, or sequel. Look at the Reboot: guardians Code BS that was pushed out last year. People in the industry today just don't seem to understand what made shows great back in the day. There's no respect of the story or mythos, as long as it looks similar and has the name then F' it, It's good enough. That's also what Cartoon Network has been doing for the last few years. Paramount would do best to stick to the new universe they established with the BumbleBee Movie.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

Notsureifsarcasm...

Most of the characters in Beast Wars were far off the exact size of real-life animals.

• Like Like x 4