Possibility Beast Wars Movie!?(by Lorenzo di Bonaventura)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

They had real voice actors for that train wreck. That wasn't the issue with it.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now I want to see a fight between a manta ray and a crab.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Now you got me into rewatching an old favorite discovery channel show, Animal Face-Off.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they go with giant towering Kaiju-like animals (like that TLK concept art, or even the AOE Dinobots/TLK Dragonstorm). Instead of scanning animals to protect themselves from radiation (I think that was the setup, at least), it could be for power. Giant creatures would be more powerful than cars and trucks, or even their robot forms.

Cyberverse? I thought they were all non-union...

(I'll admit I haven't researched all of them though, that's just what I heard)

5. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t mind a battle with a well-prepared soft-shelled crab on my plate...I need food.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Based on what I've heard about Lorenzo, he isn't the best guy.

I'd like to see Paramount bring in fans to help build the movie, personally. After all, BW is pretty much what saved Transformers from dying in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, I tend to that alot. Bad habit of me. But anyway to elaborate more on the Beast Wars. We've been so caught in if they can do it. Nobody asked if we should do it. We've just got confirmed that Bumblebee is supposed to be the reboot of the series. The knightverse barely estabilished anything. We barely know any of the characters of the knightverse. Wanting a beast wars movie feels rushed at this moment.

8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

I'm here to throw some salt on BW fans! :lol  Lorenzo dunn cut you deep, y'all! :lol 

But Lorenzo is kinda right... I'd be nervous to take a poll of BW awareness. If you ran up to a random bystander and said, "Are you a fan of BW???" He'd probably assume you meant some new program on Animal Planet. It's highly unlikely he'd realize you were referencing TFs.

If you asked about TFs directly, the recognition would be there. Is it fair to have to preface "BW" with "TF"? And if you did call it, "TF: BW", would that even help with recognition or recall? :confused: 

That said, the TRUE BW fans are quite passionate. They're so enthusiastic about BW that they can't help hating on G1 to try and get to BW domination! :D  It just very much feels like a bee passionately stinging a lion TRUCK to prove it's better. :eek: 

Fixed it for ya! ;) 

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That was never the case anywhere.

Keep in mind, I think Beast Wars is the superior, better written show. But it didn't have 1/100 the cultural impact of G1. Beast Wars never became ingrained in the public consciousness the way the original series did. In the mid-1980s, if you showed an Autobot symbol to a group of kids, pretty much all of them would know what it was, regardless of whether they liked, hated, or were indifferent to Transformers. There was brand awareness. Try the same experiment during the time Beast Wars aired, and 80%+ of kids would not have any idea what a Maximal or Predicon symbol was. Not the slightest clue.

Nothing to do with the show's quality. If anything, I think it might have more to do with when Beast Wars aired. Early in the morning, one day a week is not going to reach as many eyeballs as afternoons, every day of the week. It just isn't. Beast Wars found and held it's fans. But it never reached that wider level of public awareness the original series did.

And I'm not saying a Beast Wars movie should not be made. I'm just saying that if THESE GUYS make it, prepare to be disappointed, if not outright disgusted.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My goodness, you certainly like speaking for other people, don't you? I'll try not to judge all "TRUE G1 fans" by you.

It's quite possible to be a fan of both G1 and Beast Wars. I thought it was great how they tied the two series together in "Agenda."

And it's definitely fair to include "Transformers" in the title of a BW film... since that was the title of the original show:

IMG_6438.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. Weebot the Robot

Weebot the Robot Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Disney can make an (ALL CGI) Lion King movie for around 250 mil, then what justifies this costing nearly double that?

• Like Like x 2
  12. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly don't know

• Like Like x 1
  13. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im a massive beast wars fan, and while a movie would be neat, i dont think they should do one, its too niche a thing, even in out fandom. instead, i think simply doing a reboot of the series following the same story would work really well. and would be a good way to garner interest in future media and would also give us a break from the same characters being pushed over and over

• Like Like x 2
  14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I checked it against the Budget of Frozen 2 and that seems to have cost 280 Million so maybe the increased fidelity is worth another 100 Million or more maybe it's not. It might be script reasons it's so expensive.

He did say it would be cheaper as a segment - but would it be cheaper if they planned it as a trilogy from the outset if some of the cost is development cost ?

If they basically remake the entire Beast Wars story in short form How would it best be chopped up.
    For MARKETING reasons one could split it up with Movie One as Furry Maximals Movie 2 as Transmetals and Movie 3 a mix of designs and a focus on the Autobot ark - I suppose they can use that but only if it's a reboot or side story - but if it's in continuity with Bumblebee it's going to be nothing like the OG Beast Wars story at all. You'd have to cut out the whole Ark part completely Which then means you have to find something else to focus on intead as the end goal.

15. DepecheAltMode

DepecheAltMode Active Member

Cuz the lion king characters only have one mode, but Beast Wars characters have too, duh /s

• Like Like x 1
  16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    People already mentioned a few times that the cost of modeling what's essentially two CG models per character you essentially double the cost of that portion of it, THEN you have to market and advertise at a level to draw in enough moviegoers to make it NOT a flop. It adds up quick.

Why would you assume that they would attempt to line by line retell BW? What you would get is a movie starring those characters, but whatever the actual story behind it winds up being would NOT be a note for note retelling. Hell, you'd be lucky if Dinobot even starts out as a Predacon.

17. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suddenly remembered this concept art for The Last Knight..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd prefer if they went this route

i mean like if they wen't with a cgi cartoon movie, not trying to be realistic

• Like Like x 4
  19. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Partnered with Netflix, at least then I'd feel like it could be a decent show. Too bad any new BW show would be more like "Teen Titans Go," or "Titans" (ugh).

• Like Like x 1
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given what's going on with the new Netflix WFC show (which has rooster teeth working on it), not necessarily. :p