Poor Experience with Kapow Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HollyW00d, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Ooh, ooh, what do I win :D 

(Note to self, bets with myself are worthless)

2. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I've never bought from Kapow before (I probably should seeing as they're only across the pond) but after seeing that level of customer service i may have to. That is amazing. I cant imagine many others doing that.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:) 

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Knew he'd bloody do that. :D 

5. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

Ok, most of the times I don't post replies as all questions, speculations, doubts and praises are dealt with quite well within the fandom. However on this occasion I have say that Kapow Toys are a pleasure to do business with. They are professional, knowledgable to our Transformers needs and to be quite honest are the only online supplier that I can rely on to purchase TF's from. Finding TF's in the UK is like trying to win the national lottery...it never happens! Fortunately, we have "Kapow Toys" For the guy who started this post. I too was scepticle about my last order with Kapow Toys. I ordered Henkei Hound along with a few other items and even though the others came in no time I was informed that HH would be delayed as they were awaiting it's release. 3 months passed by and even though we exchanged emails and I joined Kapow's facebook page for updates, I was growing weary of my purchase. I waited patiently as I had purchased from them before and knew that the delay must be for a genuine reason. The end result...HH is standing quite comfortably in my collection and I am a happy customer who will continue to shop with them.

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hmm, this thread really makes me want to start buying from Kapow. :D 

And this is definitely how you handle bad press, as opposed to threatening to stab somebody in the brain. Kudos to Red Leader. :) 

I am intrigued.

7. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Nothing but good stuff from me, they even kept hold of an blue Animated Ultra Magnus for me while I dealt with some family problems.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

What Andy has done here will be of no surprise to those of us who know him and who know how he runs his business.

A true gentleman and a saint indeed.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Never ordered from Kapow (so disregard my entire post if you wish) as often I can just drop into my local(ish) import store in person and get instant gratification and no postage fees, but if I was ever going to order online then Kapow is somewhere I'd go to first because of all the good things I've heard about them and Andy (gonna take him up on the offer of a pint one day). Complaints are rare and problems dealt with usually very quickly and far beyond the normal reactions other sellers and stores would display. Many times it's not so much how often something goes wrong but how well that problem is resolved. Giving up a personal figure for free is something I can't imagine many TF fans would do, let alone to a customer that publically called his business 'shady' just a few days earlier on a messageboard he sponsers.
    Sometimes stuff does fall through the cracks, and emails can get lost. The resolution of the event is where it really counts though. And this one sounds like a great one. :thumbs2: 

10. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Anyone talked to Red Leader? He was supposed to send me the tracking info the next day but he hasn't been online since then and hasn't responded to my inquiries.

11. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

On a semi-related note, I'd strongly advise anyone to think carefully about using Xybertoys. :( 

Well over a year ago now, I ordered MP Grimlock and Thundercracker from them, but cancelled Thundercracker when HLJ was selling him cheap.

Despite sending regular emails and a couple of emails promising a refund from the one person there who speaks English, any refund has of course never arrived. :( 

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    He's been recovering from swine flu.

13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i wouldn't sweat it man, andy will come through for you - he always does.
    he's been ill. so i imagine there's been a hell of a lot for him and the team to catch up on.

tracking detail sometimes runs behind if they get real busy, and you can wind up receiving shipping notification after your order arrives.

kapow are a shining light when it comes to buying transformers online, but
    like any company there will always be occasions where things don't go right.
    the difference with kapow, and what has been demonstrated by andys generosity here, is that when things do go wrong, they truly go above and beyond when putting things right.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh god yes I have only had terrible experiences with Xybertoys.

Their communication is utter zero. It's not actually awful, because for it to be awful there would have had to have been some form of communication. But no, they tell you absolutely nothing. When you e-mail them you never ever get a response and their items take weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks to arrive (if you are one of the lucky ones, that is).
    In the past I have had to resort to threatening to make a Paypal claim and maybe even going further to ensure my toys arrived at all. I thought this was just a problem with the website or e-mails going astray, but sadly even when trying to talk to them in person (at Auto Assemblys on more than one occasion) they are rude and ignorant in person as well. I will never use them again in my life.

Kapow are fucking awesome though. :D 

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    He posted a couple of reviews 3 days ago for Terradive and Blurr.

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

He's been ill, not dead. :p 

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Well, if he's okay enough to post reviews, he should be okay enough to reply?

18. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, i had an issue with them over Car Robots Black Convoy. they took my money, i got no toy.
    no communication, nothing for months, despite email after email. got my money back through escalating it with paypal.
    there was no interaction at all between us during the whole fiasco.
    and that is how you lose a customer.
    contrast that with how kapow have handled this guys issue.

19. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, back off, will you?

In case anyone hasn't got the message yet, Kapow/Andy are awesome sellers. I'm not surprised - but still awestruck - at the effort Andy has gone to to satisfy the OP. Full refund AND his own personal figure?

Kapow are simply one of the best TF dealers out there, esp. for us UK folk who can't just walk down to Target, find everything we want and then still moan about the prices. :) 

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Nevermind, I didn't see he actually handled the matter in the previous pages. :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.