Poll: Would you buy a new, cartoon accurate MP Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaDolrailer, Feb 25, 2017.

?

Would you buy a new, cartoon accurate MP Optimus?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Only if it was made by HasTak

48 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Only if it was made by a third party

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  4. I'm satisfied with MP-10

151 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. No

66 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely. MP-10 doesn't really match Bumblebee, Ratchet and Ironhide (whom I consider to be the 'main' Autobots) OR the new Megatron, so having an Optimus that does match would totally seal the collection for me.

EDIT: What people don't think about though is that a new Optimus would have a completely different looking vehicle mode from MP-10, and therefore, Ultra Magnus. So we'd have to get Magnus v3 next. Where does it end?!

2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hell to the mother effing NO!!! MP10 is fine. Besides, if Takara made a new Optimus it would probably feel cheap by comparison to mp10

• Like Like x 1
  3. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Fuck no! There's nothing wrong with MP-10. He started the long trend of MP's that fit well together. There's nothing wrong with toon-to-the-bone figures, but to say that removing fine detailing, paint and an alt mode that fits with real vehicles is outdated is ridiculous. If anything, it's regressing. The only thing outdated is the G1. Don't get me wrong, since G1 is still my favorite version.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I'm fine with MP-10; I think he's cartoon accurate enough, especially the Hasbro version. We don't really need another version w/ that one around.

5. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same. I'd say if they make one it should be 2021, ten years after MP-10. Even though MP-10 came only seven years after MP-1

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Already made my own. It's now a mixture of MP01 and MP10 essentially with a cartoon colour scheme. Includes replacement square chest windows with less detailing, rear cab wheels moving to the calves for slimmer legs, full blue legs, white thighs hips and full red arms and posable hands.

I'm surprised noone has downsized MP01 to MP10 height and done it in cartoon colours. That'd be amazing and I'd buy it in a heartbeat as igear Faith Leader is too small.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I voted that I'm satisfied with MP-10, which is true, but it doesn't preclude the possibility of me buying a new one, either.

I mean, come on - if we're going to be completely honest with ourselves, most of us would probably get it.

After all...

• Like Like x 2
  8. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've said this before, I think they do need to do a slightly upgraded MP-10, anime colored with removable "final battle" battle damage to match MP-36.

9. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've said this before, I think they do need to do a slightly upgraded MP-10, anime colored with removable "final battle" battle damage to match MP-36.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MegaDolrailer

News Credits:
    Need pics damn it! this sounds cool~

• Like Like x 2
  11. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not the best pic as I'm having to use my phone as the PC is down:

[​IMG]

Kinda wanna give him side hip skirts too to give him even more of a square screen style but not had chance to look properly.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no, instead of redoing another old mold, they should continue to make new ones...

• Like Like x 1
  13. MegaDolrailer

News Credits:
    That is alot closer to what he should look like. All he needs is a new head, at least a new faceplate that points up instead of down

14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yeah the Dacatoys heads give that, need to dig them out again. Maybe a daca faceplate in the stock head would give the best results.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Nahhh.. I dont see a need for yet another Optimus. Since things have become more toon accurate, they're becoming less and less worthy of being called 'masterpiece' - the new megatron is the worst so far, trying to copy the limitations and mistakes of the 80's toon is doing a massive disservice to the line.
    I prefer the masterpieces to be the 'best' taking influence from all aspects of the franchise, and being true 'masterpieces'.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    yes thank you

17. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    And that's the beauty of opinions as there's plenty of ppl who DO want slavish cartoon as to them it's what they grew up on and is the definitive version. We didn't need another Red Alert but ppl bought it. Wouldn't surprise me when Wheeljack+ comes along too and I'd wager he'd be a huge hit.

I think a v3 Optimus is very likely, just not anytime soon.

18. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely! I don't want to take away from any one elses enjoyment at all.

Its the same with people that are really pleased that we're now getting a bunch of Beast wars Masterpieces - I don't care for them at all, but Im happy that others are getting them and enjoying them. Im not getting them, and Thats cool.

I had arrival from Cybertron on VHS and a few other tapes when a kid un the 80's - I also grew up with these guys from about the age of 5, and have been obsessed ever since.

But yeah everyone has an opinion and this poll asked for opinions.. so I gave mine. I prefer the mix of toy and toon, and comic, rather than just toon.

With the new Megatron.. I think he woyld look far better with a decent Silver paint rather than the Grey. I'd also prefer more details from the original toy/gun... maybe they'll make one one day. I can hope! Till then I'll keep MP5 as my definitive Megatron, and will be happy with that.

Inferno/Grapple I may end up getting if someone makes a good sticker set to break up all the plain single colour of red/orange - artfire is a must though.

19. MegaDolrailer

News Credits:
    I prefer the cartoon deco, but I can't see them not doing a toy repaint later. The silver with the black and red legs is just so iconic. Even the third party Masterpieces do it

20. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

The cartoon Prime is my definitive Prime and I don't believe we have got him yet in MP form. As nice as both MP Primes are neither is that Prime. Even with the extra details they've given Grimlock I feel he was far more accurate than either Prime was. So I would absolutely buy another official MP Prime if it was a (more) toon accurate mold.

• Like Like x 1