Poll: Weaponizer Junkions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DesertDog, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Would you buy Weaponizer Junkions?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2020.
  1. Yes, at least a few.

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. Yes, as many as possible.

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Weaponizer no, but parts swapping yes.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Rebuildable yes, but no Weaponizer, and no parts swapping.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. No, just no.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. DesertDog

DesertDog is a Limited Edition redeco.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Would you enjoy it if we got Weaponizer Junkions in the WFC trilogy? Not only would they be able to accurately depict their trademark ability of self-reconstruction, but if enough characters with variety in their moulds and colours were available they would make for easily customizable army builders. As discussed below, assume that they'd be able to transform without partsforming.

There would likely be some compromises in order to maintain transformability in all possible configurations, but most of the bike type Junkions are broadly similar anyway so it shouldn’t be an issue. Even if we only got Wreck-Gar, Rum-Maj, Junkyard, Scrapheap, and Nancy, and if we assume that they would break into eight uniquely styled components like the lowest parts count Weaponizer so far, Cog/Aragon, then we would get 32,768 possible combinations! And that’s before 3P dip their toes in with weapon sets, heads, non-child friendly add on spikes and the like.

I actually wouldn’t be shocked in the least if someone at TT/Hasbro hasn’t pitched this idea already. It makes too much sense , especially since it would be perfect for the post-Earthrise part of the trilogy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

If they're parts formers like the other figures we've gotten so far then no... if they can actually TRANSFORM then YES! I would buy the whole lot of them if they made multiple Junkions with swappable parts as a gimmick/feature between them.

I'd likely never use them as weaponizers as in armoring up other figures but they could still include that feature as long as I don't need to take them apart just to go from motorcycle to robot mode then I'll be happy with whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DesertDog

News Credits:
    Agreed. Having to disassemble them definitely should not be neccessary. I'm imagining something closer to a modular version of the CW bike mould rather than overtly complex like the RTS figure. Having the rear wheel split and the front come off would make for great bucklers and saw weapons.

Being able to have them ride one another would be fantastic as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

The Junkions need a weaponizer Ultra Magnus:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I might buy one or two, but it would be an engineering challenge to give them accurate bike modes I expect.

6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was really hoping to see Micromaster transports take this gimmick for part three but I'd happily accept an army of variable Junkions instead. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. DesertDog

News Credits:
    I'd forgotten about the Micromaster Transports! That a great idea.

Too bad a certain someone would definitely get a name change, or we could give our Siege figures Deluxe Erector's!

• Like Like x 1
  8. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Yes!!! I need them to be a thing!! Gimme the dumpster garbage armor-weaponizer!! Others can be as well, but that's what I want

9. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Oooh… make Wreck-Gar a TFA-style dump truck as a voyager with CW ports and make the bikes as deluxe modular weaponisers based around CW chests. Completely modular Junkion combiner...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I think a wasted opportunity would have been Weaponizer /Base robot modes for the Voyagerleader's extra parts. Like, Shockwave's extra bits already have arms. imagine if you could take Shockwave and Astrotrain's extra bits and make a robot like Brunt or Ironworks out of them. Kind of like a build-a-figure but the single parts would still have their uses boosting the figure they come with.

• Like Like x 1