POLL: Should The Last Knight Get a Sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by drbeakman, Mar 17, 2019.

?

Should "The Last Knight" get a Sequel?

1. Yes

25.4%
  2. No

74.6%
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Which generally did not seem to have any ill effects, given a much smaller rock hit the Earth millions of years ago and wiped out the dinosaurs. Which suggests that the very concept of physics does not apply in so far as the bayverse is concerned.

Already explained why that's a no-go.

You don't even know what would happen without the moon.

The ineffectual villain who really hasn't done anything significant since the second film when he killed Optimus...because he was following orders of the actual film big bad? Hell, in TLK wasn't it that Prime just kicks him and that's the end the end of the fight?

So we're ripping off Warhammer 40K now? What Chaos God would Quintessa be, then? Tzeentch or Slaanesh?

Oh, you mean the thing that TLK was supposed to be about and wasn't?

Given how outrageously stupid humanity is in the films following several near-apocalyptic situations, I doubt things have really changed that much. Especially since the loss of Chicago for no explicable reason ( in the 'there isn't a chance in hell private investment wouldn't jump on the chance to go OCP Delta City on the ruins of Chicago to refurb one of the most critical financial and transportation hubs of the entire goddamn country' department) has not caused a massive recession in the States, the only place of major significance these films have.

This just proves you aren't actually reading my posts, because I already said Cade is out. Mark Whalberg confirmed he is done with the Transformers films. And Shia Labeouf's career is...well, not somebody who would be considered material for being the lead of a big budget blockbuster these days. The only reason Cade even exists is to be a vehicle to glue Whalberg's fading star power onto the Transformers franchise. Otherwise, a timeskip would have made it easy to have Lennox having to deal with robot combat as well as being distant from his young daughter.

I think he's trying to pull a Lorenzo in that if he says something enough times, it actually will come true (even though it won't.)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    With respect, unless you're the owner of Rio Tinto and are willing to stump up the budget for the sequel yourself, yeah, its pretty dead in the water.

• Like Like x 5
  3. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Yeah the ideas are what you can do with all of those concepts.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I remember thinking this way when AOE ended. The realm of possibilities having Optimus in space in search of another alien race.
    And what happened? No creators, nest is trf, more military scenes, another ancient artifact, cybertron heads for earth again and a crashed alien ship, on earth. Sound familiar?

• Like Like x 5
  5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi 18 :)

News Credits:
    The problem is you act as if Paramount would somehow be able to persuade a genius like David Fincher or Christopher Nolan to work on a series that flunked the box office because not even its very own fans were willing to justify watching the same godawful film for the fourth time in 10 years anymore. It would take some serious logic bending for such decision to happen.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Okay dude, you clearly are trying to hide the fact that you know the last knight was shit, and there's nothing they can do after because what else can ya Do?? No Unicron, All the Autobots A List wise, and Cons as well are dead and wasted, Whalberg is not coming back, Shia..Nope. The Last knight sequel is not happening.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    They aren't ideas, all you've done is just state things that happened at the end of the film. You don't explain where they could go with them. Which is hillarious because it completely overlooks what was clearly the true intentions behind TLK: shoving Transformers into historical period pieces. We know that they were planning some hideously awful looking WWII bullshit with that green plane transformer that looked like ass, for example.

TLK was a dead end no matter how you try and convince yourself otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I would definitely be interested in a sequel. I think TLK was a huge improvement of AOE. I'd like to see them bring on a full scale quintessons invasion.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Then what was the point of turning Prime evil if they were just going to invade anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jalen Frisby

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Agreed! If you wanna think of the possibilities of future stories..Bumblebee. Bumblebee is like the Iron man. It can lead to sequels and open up the world of Transformers like how Iron Man did with The MCU

• Like Like x 3
  12. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

No.
    Bingo!! Quintession invasion..I have an erection.

• Like Like x 2
  13. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

No.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    That'd be random, though, because Quintessa...isn't a Quintesson, they may not even exist in film continuity.

Apparently, she's human.

And that's straight from Lorenzo!

• Like Like x 2
  15. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Maybe it's just me, but I bet the Decepticons would set up headquarters on Cybertron and the Autobots would try you stop them from walking up Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Okay.

17. Jalen Frisby

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    When i heard they created a TF Writers Room, i was pumped, and exicted that these different writers were working together to tell new sets of stories, and start a Cinematic Universe, and starting with the Last Knight...that is until the movie came out, and it's poor excuse of story telling, mixed with how to start a failed cinematic universe plundered.

Do i believe Transformers can be a cinematic universe? Yes! You just need to do it the right way, careful staging, don't rush things, that's why DC and Universal failed. They never realized that what Made the MCU great was because they were focusing on Telling Stories, not rushing to the next big thing. I believe DC can do a Shared Universe if they can do solo films first instead of..what they did, and now it's too late.. I learn that myself when i try doing something like that, But i've learn and doing careful staging.

If i ever wanted to do a TFCU. I start with BB, then work your way up.

Also, Don't be Like Star Wars. Which i heard is taking a break after Episode 9

Who i created this out of a thread who this get on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And that is exactly how I'm looking at it. Make Bumblebee the new starting point. Have decent directors and writers who actually care about, respect and understand Transformers (and story arcs, character development and continuity) in charge. Keep the Paramount old guard well away as much as possible.

Basically, start simple and build up bit by bit. Focus on the story and the characters. And don't immediately shove the Fallen into the second movie, and kill off a ton of potentially A-list characters before people even get to really know them. Oh, and make sure characters are characters (and I don't mean caricatures).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

That the movie bombed at the Box Office kind of says otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Yet Bumblebee made a ton less.

• Like Like x 2