Poll: Should Lorenzo DiBonaventura return for TF6?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SkyfiRe71, Jul 1, 2017.

?

Should Lorenzo DiBonaventura return for TF6?

1. Yes

1.4%
  2. No

95.7%
  3. Unsure

2.9%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Personally, no.

Reasons:

- Actively working against Welker and Cullen reprising their roles as Megatron and Optimus.
    - Wanting Megatron to be a barbaric cannibal.
    - Removing Soundwave from the first film.
    - Constantly putting Humans at the center of the TF Universe instead of humanizing the robots and giving them more screentime.
    - His comments about Beast Wars.

...I could go on.

In short, I think his creative vision for the Transformers franchise is shortsighted, superficial, boring, and completely off-base. Moreover, Cullen/Welker's status as icons in both the franchise and voice acting as a whole as well as my personal heroes notwithstanding, Lorenzo treated two amazing people like absolute trash and attempted to diminish their lives' work.

He is not someone I want involved with the Transformers franchise moving forward, in any capacity.

• Like Like x 7
  2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really don't think this should even be a question. He's coming back and will always be back for as long as Paramount has Transformers.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I hear about Lorenzo, the more I wanna sympathise with Bay and the cast members. Voice actors as well.

So, I vote no. He deserves the sack.

Then again, Don Murphy was notoriously extremely disrespectful towards IDW.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I still am not opposed to the Spark cannibal idea, I thought it was really scary.

As for Soundwave, I don't mind keeping him out of the picture until you can come up with a good concept for him. But as that wasn't the case...

Otherwise no I don't want him back. Couldn't we get Spielberg or someone as producer?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

If there is one person who should not return it's definitely him.

• Like Like x 5
  6. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

What like why that just makes him crazy.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    To Bonaventura's credit, he made Transformers into a sci-fi war franchise, a step above what most live-action cartoons have become (films with okay stories that don't really do justice to the cartoons, and which divide fans).

But yeah, I don't think he was right to treat Cullen and Welker shabbily, those two are veterans with great voices and awesome careers and wonderful people in their own right. On that basis I don't want him back.

The only creative decision on that list I'm okay with is Soundwave. We got Barricade, who has become a cool character in his own right. And satellite Soundwave is awesome IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  8. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean he sounds silly, but we aren't behind the scenes and honesty can make educated guesses but we will never know for sure.

Something that has always confused me is the decepticons..the writers come up with some great autobots but it seems like the decepticons have absolutely no thought put into them at all. time and time again they show up and die, some named some not, some named awesome names and then wasted...

Did ehren kruger really write, "driller bot is thirsty" and "optimus" as shockwave's only lines? I HIGHLY doubt it!

Did ehren kruger's script for AOE say "have famous chinese actor stand in elevator with arms crossed for 5 min" I HIGHLY doubt it!

Did kruger write for Dino and que? or mirage and wheeljack?

I don't know, I just wonder how these things are written I am drooling over the idea of getting to read the scripts someday.

we continually get preproduction images, toys, games, leaks... that suggest the writer's are trying and somehow along the way things just..TRANSFORM

But that's my guess, maybe the writers think the public only cares about megatron and a henchmen, maybe lorenzo sticks his nose in, maybe Bay really sticks his nose in..It's all speculation on our part

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hard to really tell if he's the problem but it's pointless to debate because he'll be back for at least the next two installments. I'd vote "unsure".

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    New Director, new Producer and Kruger should have been in the writers room.

11. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

true, true..there's always politics that derail creative freedom

as we all know "mirage" was supposed to be killed off by starscream in chicago before ferrari threw a hissy fit as just one example among many

• Like Like x 1
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    From what I've heard he makes even Bay sound like a saint in comparison so if he goes there's nothing much lost from it. Though to his credit he did help bring Transformers be possible on the big screen so I can't fault him on that part. Not to mention characters like Barricade and Blackout are made into iconic and well liked characters in their own right.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Absolutely he should not.

He absolutely didn't.

Transformers in the movie are more science-fantasy, and the war aspect it barely touched upon and hardly reflected in any of the characters besides the most superficial.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I say no.

He seems to just constantly fan the flame of war with the fans and right now Paramount needs to be building good will among anyone they can find. They need someone that can play nice with all generations of the fandom when it comes to things like interviews. The sort of producer that can make it sound like they want everyone's ticket dollar.

From his work on other franchises he seems like the type who is all I know what people want better than they do. I just can't see him ever swallowing his pride enough to say his ideas were wrong and they need to go some other way.

Also you just have to wonder about anyone that could say anything bad about super nice guy Peter Cullen.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell to the no.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I don't think it is Lorenzo that's the issue. Keep in mind, these movies are designed by a committee. It is not only the filmmakers involved, it is also the suite from Hasbro, the marketing people from Paramount, executives, etc. The Transformers creative direction is not driven from some singular individual or singular group.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    /thread /conversation /story

18. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

You know, it really says something when despite all the arguments on the boards regarding franchise direction, story, etc. that, 10 hours in, not a single member voted "Yes" for Lorenzo to return.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

someone forward this to paramount..

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, he should not return. I've yet to see what he's really done for this franchise. People can try and explain what he's done, but it's lip service, honestly. In the end, he's done nothing for this movie franchise except to say no to everything that could make it better.

• Like Like x 1