Poll: saddest death

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MachiniPrimus, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Which is the saddest death of all time?

1. AOE Ratchet

70 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. 1986 Optimus Prime

98 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

Lol Optimus Primes all the way.

2. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Optimus cause he's dieing and he's giving Magnus the Matrix and with the background music omg

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ratchet. They stalked him, cornered him, blew his leg off, shot him to shit and let Lockdown rip his spark out. (Even if Lockdown hadn't, Cemetary Wind would've finished him anyway.) Plus, the not giving up Prime's location? Pretty damned awesome.

Oh and then the whole showing the audience we're melting down his face thing...

Yeah, a lot more messed up than Prime's death because he at least was able to return, both in 1986 and 2009, while Ratchet's died in both '86 and '14.

5. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I can't say that I felt anything for Ratchet. He just wasn't developed well enough for me to care when he died. If it had been Bee, then we might have something to talk about but Ratchet's role in the franchise was too small for me to feel much of anything. Prime on the other hand was one of the few characters in G1 that I actually cared about. While most of the G1 characters were little more than background filler, Prime was a character that defined my childhood. I literally stopped caring about the Transformers brand when they killed him in the movie.

6. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Ahhh who gives a shit about Prime's? He came back anyway. :D 

7. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Honestly both where sad to me but in both of there deaths they went down swinging. Ratchet didn't want to but he had no choice. Honestly Ratchets death made me take off my hat in respect in the theater. Now Prime however for me was more of a happy sad cause he died like a hero. So in a way he went out how he wanted in some sense.

So all in all I choose both.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Only because Hasbro realized his death had screwed over the franchise. At the time, Prime wasn't going to eventually come back, he was well and truly dead. Saying "pff who cares we all know he came back" ignores the fact the decision to resurrect him hadn't yet been made while the movie was in theaters.

I mean, what if Ratchet magically comes back in TF5? You can't say this will happen or this won't happen because you don't know the future. Same way nobody could when Optimus died in 1986.

9. MegsLITTLE

MegsLITTLE Autobot soldier

I agree I voted for Ratchet on this one; even though Optimus is my all time favorite along with Grimlock

10. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Prime's death in the 86 movie was so traumatizing for kids that they had to change Duke's death in the GIJOE cartoon movie because of the backlash.

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    It would've been a lot sadder had he actually put up a fight. Those shots he fired didn't connect with any of his targets. He just blasts at the human soldiers and they do nothing. Hound "almost dying" was more emotional because you saw the progression of how he went from a Prototype killing machine to fighting to the very end

12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sorry, but the saddest death of all time was Pipes in More than Meets the Eye.

No question.

13. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Oh...umm...maybe because he didn't want to harm the humans? He just wanted to distract them so he could escape?!

14. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    He was clearly trying to defend himself. When your life is at risk from the very people are trying to end you, what are you going to do? Shoot at their feet when you're about to die?

Escape? with one leg? He can't even transform. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It was more brutal than it was sad considering the music for the film was more action/past paced music. Hound fighting to the very last bullet had slow/sad music which hinted that he was about to die.

I would've found it more saddening had Hound ended up dying because he found for something.

15. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Hmm guess you're right... But still he didn't want to harm them, he didn't want to break Prime's rule even if it costed him his life. That's why he didn't tell Lockdown where Optimus was.

I agree, if Hound did die just before Prime showed up...it would have been so upsetting! His character was more developed than Drifts and Crosshairs.

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    You people aren't justifying your reasons. Take a moment to look at both, don't just plug your G1 brain in.

1986 Optimus Prime;

His death was something that impacted all the children that looked up to him. It was quoted that "children locked themselves in their bedrooms crying". Optimus' death was very saddening but he died in battle defending his friends from Megatron and we learned that the Autobots were low on energon which means not a lot of armour on their metal butts. That is why Optimus was stabbed and shot to shit multiple times, his death was foreseeable. The way he grows weaker, dropping the Matrix and fading to grey was the big deal.

On the basis of, 'impact on audience', definitely Optimus' 1986 death.

AOE Ratchet's;

His death was the most brutal out of the two because his attackers were the least unexpected, humans! Ratchet stood alongside Optimus in protecting them. If you'd have any consideration in those G1 fixed minds then his death would get to you, you'd feel emotional for him, you Shockwave's! He was betrayed, he had his leg blown off and he had his spark ripped out for not giving the location of Optimus Prime, that's bravery and the sign of a true Autobot.

On the basis of 'brutality' Ratchet's death by far.

In conclusion, IMO I think Ratchet's death was worse. The way it was done, the pleading for his life, declaring who he is, having his leg shot off and being blown up, then having his spark ripped out for keeping the location of Prime seems a whole damn sight worse than sitting on a table fading to grey. What everyone thinks of Prime's death is the, greyness and the music. Open your eyes. Don't go on the fact that 'you were a child and you cried'

17. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's optimus freaking prime... Dying, just typing about the subject makes me sad. Ratchets death was much more hard to watch, and was very sad, but doesn't beat optimus primes death from 86, but it does beat his revenge of the fallen death

18. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

86, duh. I hated all that whining Bay made Ratchet do

19. Silen Prime

Silen Prime The Hunter

News Credits:
    I voted Ratchet because I knew Prime would come back sooner or later.

20. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ummm what else what you do if you were being shot at and killed alive? Just stay mute? Nah, I'm pretty sure you'd be screaming/moaning in some sort.