Poll: saddest death

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MachiniPrimus, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Which is the saddest death of all time?

1. AOE Ratchet

70 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. 1986 Optimus Prime

98 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. MachiniPrimus

MachiniPrimus Well-Known Member

With being a Transformers fan you quickly get used to Autobots and Decepticons being blasted apart on a regular basis, but every once in a while you get a death scene that genuinely touches you. What do you think was a sadder death scene, Ratchet being hunted down and killed by Cemetery Wind or Optimus's deathbed scene in the 1986 Transformers film?

Leave your thoughts down in the comments section!

2. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

1986 Opimus. No contest. That music...

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Prime, cause the cartoon franchise was irreparably damaged from his death. There was the real sense that he wasn't coming back until the fan outrage caused Hasbro to bring him back. Ratchet was heartbreaking, but it was a grieving and let's all move on type of death.

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Why? WHY? would you present this question?

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Optimus. They killed him, they killed the iconic hero of the Transformers along with dozens of other old favourites and replaced his grey carcass with a bunch of new toys. After all his delightful shenanigans in G1, all those times he played basketball and told his friends to stop making jokes at other robot's expense, suddenly he and his friends actually end up dead over the Decepticon's sudden brutality and we get to see his final lamentations before he straight up dies in front of us. Horrifying.

Ratchet was heartbreaking, but nowhere near the sheer gall of killing off a popular cartoon's all-time hero and completely changing up the series at that point.

6. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Primes.

I was scarred/scorned for 20 years after that shit.

7. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Well Optimus death is much more sad but is cheapened but by coming back to life over and over again. Ratchet death is sad because he will stay dead. But Optimus's death destroyed kids in the 80s more then Ratchet did now so Optimus.

8. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I chose Ratchet because I grew up with the 07 movie, and I like Ratchet.

I've seen the G1 film and it's ok, I lost interest after Optimus died...which was sad.

Optimus died with his friends around him....Ratchet had no one... He was alone, scared, and he was in pain.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

To be fair, the movie was the first time he ever died (unless that instance where he killed himself over a video game in the comics came first, but I don't know), and thus came as a legitimate shock; holy shit they actually killed him.

Nowadays, we're well-aware of how he always dies then comes back, but back then, the fact he actually died, that any of them actually died, was a startling new development and a horrifying one at that.

10. Ironfire1234

Ironfire1234 Active Member

ratchet because he was betrayed while prime died in battle from wounds. ratchet was pretty much destroyed and didn't reveal optimus' location

11. Smashs

News Credits:
    Not only 'holy shit they actually killed him', but he didn't come back for a looooooong time.

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I choose Ratchet's.

Ok, Ratchet's was more heart breakingly brutal, you just can't look at his death scene and think, "Ok, moving on".... The way he pleads for his life, declaring who he is then to have an unexpected blow from Lockdown. Just imagine what he was thinking, inside that boat funnel as the helicopters were drawing in!

Now Optimus Primes was again sad and heartbreaking. There was never really anything like what the death of Ratchet gave us, you know? He wasn't killed by humans, he wasn't betrayed! He fought for a purpose we know would have to come to an end and hell, we knew he was low on Energon so when I was watching it I knew it was coming. Don't attack me with G1-bullets people, I did get emotional when I watched back in 2006.

13. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Ratchet, he was hunted down and basically tortured. Prime died a hero. I did not cry in the theater in 86, in AOE i was very uncomfortable watching that scene.

14. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet was hunted, ambushed by humans the Autobots swore to protect. Even as he begged for mercy they kept shooting him. I know the final blows were from Lockdown and he is the one who ripped out Ratchet's spark without mercy, a lot worse than OP's death in the '86 movie. Then the cruelty of melting him down for material was sickening.

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    After the horrible, brutal death Ratchet endured, he finally accepted it and told Lockdown to fuck off with his last breath. It was really painful to watch.

G1 Prime was the centerpiece in an opening act of awful deaths, solely because new toys.

Both were pretty bad. I won't pick one.

16. JoshimusPrime20

JoshimusPrime20 Autobot

News Credits:
    I definitely remember listening to the soundtrack from the death of optimus prime scene, I was shedding a tear :cry 

17. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Optimus. Undeniably. Mainly because people actually give a shit about Optimus Prime. The same can't be sand for the completely characterless Ratchet.

18. Smashs

News Credits:
    It can in my case. My eyes welled up. But still nowhere near the impact Prime had on my head when I was five.

19. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the 86 movie shocked us all at how they were just killing transformers off left and right. We were prepared for Ratchets death this time around but the way it went down with his leg shot off and him basically begging for his life. ugh both were hard.

20. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Ratchet's death wasn't even that sad. The saddest live action movie moment was Bumblebee's capture in the first movie.