Poll: Partsforming: How big a deal is it to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by boomerdave, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Poll: Partsforming: How big a deal is it to you?

1. It's a complete deal breaker. I refuse to buy one that does that

2. It's not a deal breaker but I'd get another version from another company to avoid it.

3. I don't really care one way or another.

4. I don't mind at all, most of the original G1's were partsformers.

5. I love partsformers. It saves me time from breaking fragile pieces off myself.

6. I don't care for it but I'll let it slide and still get the toy regardless.

7. I love'em because that's just how I roll.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Why Brawl? Just because his turret could come off to form a gun doesn't mean it had to. It's perfectly G1 accurate to just leave it in place for all three modes, and use the other gun for his bot mode weapon.

I get you on Vortex, though. It's one of the reasons why I'd like someone else to do Bruticus. Sadly, ToyWorld's will be too big for me.

2. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Been playing with these things since I first got the original Thundercracker in 1985. Partsforming is just part of the deal. Sometimes it's fun.

Presumably a big reason so many of like combiners is the actual combining aspect. That's a large part of what I like about partsforming when it's done well. Plus I like seeing weapons etc being made of components of the vehicle mode.

3. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I was a little bummed out when that wasn't the case as well! I'm pretty happy with what we got though.

4. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a scale between 1-10 I care....

-1 million

Doesn't bother me at all.

5. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care one way or the other. Likely has something to do with my love for Lego!

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    For me personally I would say I'm somewhere in the middle between and say I like to even love partsformers namely Omega Supreme,also I thought RID Leaders Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus were some of the Best TF's ever made because of their removable parts.I don't know how some people can't stand them and others can.I guess its just different strokes for different folks.

7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Loose rule for me: Did the G1 toy parts-form?

Yes - then not a big deal, do what you have to in order to make it look awesome.
    No - then why would you need to parts-form the MP version?!

With that, G1 toys that DID parts-form, then a MP version comes out that doesn't - kudos. Looking at you TT Magnus :thumb 

8. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I really don't care at all. In fact, if partsforming makes for a better-looking figure then an all-in-one solution, I'd probably choose the partsforming version; this seems to apply to combiners most often. As others have already pointed out, the all-in-one idea probably helped ruin FOC Bruticus (along with the severe budget-cutting and cheapness of the figures). I'm fine with putting combiner hands and feet aside, or using them in some silly way with the team (like the PE CW add-ons, or the novel way the hands store inside the feet with Quantron). I like bots with armor sets, or bots who combine from multiple vehicles (like Omega Supreme, Overlord, or Dai Atlas). And making the extra pieces form weapons or something is a plus for me. It adds display options, is fun, and helps keep extra pieces from getting lost. I'll never say no to additional weapons if I can figure out some outlandish way to use them all in a display.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

I am not bothered at all, as long it's not partsforming the limbs. Armors and weapons are okay.

10. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

If it's weapons, accessories, or combiner bits, it's perfectly fine by me. At least so long as weapons and accessories have a place in all modes. Combiner bits I'm less worried about, they just tend to work better as separate pieces.

Also, if a character demands it. Overlord, for example. No getting around that one.

But, in general, I really dislike it. Loathe it, even. Maybe more than I loathe fake parts (example, faux kibble in robot mode, or using a chest that only looks like alt mode pieces rather than the actual alt mode bits). But sometimes it, also like the fake parts, really is the best solution. It really depends on the figure. TF Prime First Edition Optimus uses a fake chest, but it works so well that I just don't mind all that much, even though that kind of thing usually bugs the hell out of me. So I suppose "Dislike, but tolerate" is the best answer I can give.

11. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

I generally don't mind partsforming if it's done smartly/or if the transformation/design is going to be compromised. If partsforming was done as an easy way out to speed up the design/process/challenge, then screw that. If transformation was too complex and would lead to broken parts or injured fingers then partsforming is welcome with me.

12. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think it depends on what the goal is with the figure.

For example characters like Overlord are partsformers and that's fine.

Some figures dispense with parts to become weapons too and fine with me also.