Poll: Jetfire Head upgrade demand for FT-10 Phoenix

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Jun 5, 2017.

?

Upgrade for FT-Phoenix

1. Jetfire Head-Upgrade only

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Jetfire Head, Boosters / Leg / Forarm armor upgrade

94 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. No upgrades wanted

101 vote(s)
    49.0%
  1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Why buy upgrades when you could put that money towards buying a second Phoenix? :D  JK

• Like Like x 2
  2. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, if I wanted a "toy" accurate Jetfire, I'd get a Macross Valkyrie. Yamato 1/48? The whole point of FT Phoenix is that one one ever made a Skyfire... not a good one anyway.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd absolutely jump on the fantoys version if an upgrade kit where made available. The character to me is both the anime and toy models combined.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, that's what I wrote a couple of pages ago. It turns out everyone that wants this upgrade already own a ton of Yamato Macross Valkeries. Yet, they still want FansToys to make this upgrade. Maybe it's because of the difference in size? I still don't see the need, but the 5 people that want to see it happen are pretty adamant about it.

5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

By 5 people, are you referring to the 62 people who want the upgrade at time of typing this, as in almost 50% of those who voted?

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Why bother having a no upgrades wanted option on the poll? obviously anyone who doesn't want them doesn't want them. I certainly see no reason why an optional new head at the very least couldn't be realized.

Armor parts seem completely impossible though since they would require an entirely new version of the figure with mounting points for those parts, you can't just friction them on to him. So that really shouldn't be expected at all, far too costly and complicated to implement. Not to mention you'd have to remove them every time he transforms due to how he transforms which would be annoying. What made the macross jet armor fun was you never had to take those parts off once attached. Without that aspect its kinda pointless.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny that it's not good enough for some people to just have a different opinion, they have to tell other people that they're wrong and try to convince them to change their opinions?

I don't want a Macross or Robotech figure... I've had them. I want the figure in the digibash. If you don't, that's fine... If you don't see why others do, that's fine... If you want to share your opinion, that's fine... But stop telling other people what they should or should not like and why. Jeez...

• Like Like x 6
  8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @LazyAza

The reason i put the NO option is so FT / 3rd parties can see how many voted in total, taking a population size, and then extrapolating it if it is worth doing or not. If we only look at 62 people voting yes, we might think there is no interest at all, but then seeing that represents half of people who voted, gives a perspective. I also wanted to be fair to Fanstoys or other 3rd parties.

Now, you are right armor is unlikely / hard, but... getting a jetfire Head / Backpack combo is doable as an upgrade set, but just the head too would be nice, and what i am hoping someone will do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

I'd rather someone take the (huge, admittedly) risk of just plain doing an original VF-1 figure that's accurate in relative size to how big the G1 Jetfire toy was to other figures. Yes, there's 1/48 and 1/60 figures one could customize, but 1) they're not quite as large enough. , and 2) they're more finnicky and delicate. Plus, they're based on accuracy to the animation,not the toy; which was infamously chunky and blocky. That made the takatoku Valk a perfect fit for transformers, which was also blocky and chunky, but the actual Valkyrie design is more rounded and sleek.

So yeah, I'd rather them start from scratch than try and meet halfway.

10. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Ah makes sense. I would love to see the head if nothing else and even if theirs only a small interest seems like something so simple and cheap FT could take a a tiny loss on it anyway if it helps to sell more copies of the regular figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

The only sure thing about polls on TFW is people are going to complain about the options and talk about how it isn't scientific.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I don't see any need for me to upgrade my Skyfire to jetfire . I also don't need a new head either . From the get go FT's hit this out of the park. No need for extra accessories.

13. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, that's what I'm referring to. 5 people. ;) . 50% of a few people, it's a per capita, percentage representation on how few people really want this.

14. kei78

kei78 Half Man, Half Amazing

With the exception of the head the rest looks like it could be done by reprolabels if they put their spin on it.

15. rkg123

rkg123 Well-Known Member

Got this figure recently and I gotta say it’s amazing! Immediately one of my favs - but I gotta say I would love to see a set of these upgrades from someone. Alternate battle mask face Is a must to me but fast packs would be great! Grinders alt head sold well and I’d expect this would as well.

In general I think there is a market for extra fanstoys accessories - be it new face sculpts/expressions, weapons or accessories - like a box of Energon goodies for Koot (seriously how did he not come with this?!)

I mean where is the harm in options?

If Fanstoys wants to do something like Maketoys and crowdfund a project like this I’m so down. @dalianjj please!

• Like Like x 1
  16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

I would dig a reissue of this, alongside a booster pack and toy head. I never had G1 Jetfire as a kid, but a friend I grew up with did and I spent the better part of our friendship trying to convince him to let me have the thing. I really like the toy look, is what I'm saying.

• Like Like x 4
  17. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    only way Skyfire could ever be converted into the Jetfire on that Digi that was done forever ago, is if some 3rd party stepped up and made all those mods. including Decals.

18. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Haha the neighbor behind me had it and I mostly hung out with him for the same reason.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Better use a Yamato 1/48 and repaint it to Jetfire, way more accurate.

20. Soundwavesurfer

Soundwavesurfer Well-Known Member

F*ck yes mate. F*ck yes I'd love that 3rd digibash. I've looked into the Macross figures and none of them look like that.