Poll:Is the lack of comparative quality in PRID going to stop you buying it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by odeean, Jul 30, 2012.

?

Is the lack of comparative quality in PRID going to stop you buying it?

1. Yes, I have stoped bying PRID

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No, I love it.

15 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. I have shifted a lot of my robit spend elsewhere.

37 vote(s)
    33.6%
  4. I think the quality is good so I dissagree with the question.

34 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I buy a LOT of toys. So this is not primarily about the cost of PRID, but more the comparative value. I agonized over whether I should keep forcing myself to buy more PRID when I feel they are not quality in comparison to other things. Case in point in the past two days I have bought 2xAsia Wheelie, 2xAsia Swerve, Asia Hotspot, my doubles of FOC and just now Cyclops. I also cancelled all my future PRID/Japanese PRID figures.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not going to stop me from buying it entirely, but it sure is making me a whole lot less interested in the line.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I never had an interest in actually collecting the Prime line (FE or mainline). To date, I've only really bought 3 figures (Soundwave, Vehicon, and Voyager Megatron). I have some interest in Voyager Skyquake/Dreadwing, AM Breakdown, and AM Jet Vehicon but that's about it. And really, I don't know if I'll end up buying them.

5. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No. RID Arcee and Vehicon are 100% better then their FE versions. While I have skipped RID Optimus, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Starscream and Bulkhead because they are by far inferior to the FE versions, I am not gonna not have a complete collection of characters.

Airachnid IS undeniably bleh, but I want an Airachnid to complete my collection so I will still be buying her. Guess I'm an addict.

Also, here in Australia, retail price for Deluxes has ALWAYS been $25-30, so there is no change in cost.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    lack of decent distribution is whats killing it for me

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    This is where I'm at. There's a multitude of factors involved for me, from higher prices, smaller size, fewer paint apps and the relative scarcity of newer molds, it's just sucked the life out of the modern TF line for me.

From what we've seen out of SDCC, here's maybe 2 or 3 more mainline Prime figure that I will maybe, possibly, sort of thing about getting not counting the first edition figures.

Between the upcoming master piece and Fansproject releases, I just can't bring myself to spend money on what I see as lack luster toys.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I find most of the characters that didn't have FE versions are perfectly acceptable in their PRID forms, or at least, they couldn't really be much better without doing things that plastic can't do (like get the right curvature for Knock Out's fender-shoulders), and as some have pointed out, some of the PRID versions are on par with, or even exceed, their FE counterparts. That said, I don't have a huge amount of interest in the line anymore, but that's more because they're making fewer characters that I really care about in the line than anything relating to quality (I already have most of the main cast, sans Breakdown for availability reasons, Airachnid because her toy is singularly unsatisfactory, Bulkhead because I'm holding out for the FE re-release, and additional Vehicons because I've been unable to find them. Oh, and Dreadwing because he's not out yet). It's also because I'm more interested in hunting down the FoC figures that are starting to trickle out.

9. Salty

Salty Fritobot

They're toys which, in my experience, are always cheaply made. These new ones are just a degree more chintzy so not that big a deal.

10. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I love the cartoon and the characters, the quality is the only factor in my abandoning it. I want to spend my money on things that I will still like in 5 years. FansProject Stunticons for example sound like a win. The FE toys were great too ( I know we have beat that horse ).

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Yes.

12. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I haven't bought a single prime figure FE or otherwise and will continue to keep it that way. I haven't bought anything outside of a MP figure since before DOTM and even then I've dumped anything since Animated as classics have lost all appeal to me. There hasn't been a sense of quality to mainline TFs for years now. No longer interested. I went back and played around with Armada 'bendy' Prime the other day and it's such a superior figure to anything produced now.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Will I stop collecting it? Hell no. Will I be more selective in my purchases? Yes, very much so.

Hell, I saw Airachnid on the pegs yesterday at Target and passed it up. I was impressed with myself.

Am I sad that we've got the downscale/different plastic/price increase triple-shot? Yeah. Will it affect my collecting? Yeah. Is it gonna stop me from collecting them? No, because I end up happy with the product I get.

For the record, I'm a freak of nature who actually likes RID Arcee and Starscream more than the FE ones. And I'm very happy with my RID Bulkhead, and not because I'm 'settling.'

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I haven't noticed anything exceptionally bad quality-wise about this line of toys (apart from Airachnid). What really killing my interest in the line (which I must admit I didn't have much to start with, being primarily a Movieverse collector) is the terrible distribution. Hard to get exited for the upcoming Rumble when seeing just one non-Bumblebee is considered "a good day."

That being said, if I considered the current line to be of poor quality I would stop buying. There are plenty of characters I very much enjoy that I don't have toys of because said toys didn't live up to my standards; getting a toy purely to represent a character is a no-no for me.

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I haven't bought a single TFP figure yet and at this point I will most likely skip the line completely. I'm not a fan of the show and the toys do nothing for me.

I'm far more interested in the FoC line.

16. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I guess I'm outta the loop. I haven't noticed any quality problems....and I've bought Soundwave, Megatron, Prime, Arcee, Wheeljack, and Ratchet.

Like someone else said - the distribution is what's keeping me from buying anything. We got Wave 1, and Wave 2 deluxes...and that's it!

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I disagree. I think it's a perfectly fine toyline. I mean, Airachnid sucks, yeah, but I enjoy the rest as a whole, and I was the exact same with DOTM.

Oh, and Boy Blunder, I don't think liking RID Arcee more than FE makes one a freak of nature. It's a popular opinion that I myself agree with.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Despite my limited experience with the line, I wouldn't deem it a failure. Sure, with the initial FE debacle, as well as a year-long gap between the show's inception and the actual toy release, and toy shrinkage, it still manages to be a decent line.

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the fluctuating quality of the figures - some really nice (Wheeljack), some horrible (Airachnid), and some mediocre (Prime) - really killed it for me. There was no way that I was going to be able to put together a satisfying TFP collection.

20. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Let me put it this way, are two PRID deluxes worth one FansProject Stunticon. I think the FP is going to be better. For me in local dollars 2xdeluxe= $48 ( or almost the same with shipping from bbts ). Personally the answer is no, if I asked myself are RTS Tracks and Jazz worth the Stunticon then I would keep the RTS. That is the kind of shift in value I am getting at.