Poll: About Megalopolis Toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StrifeZ, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

41 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

25 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

97 vote(s)
    59.5%
  1. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

Yeah they Really screwed me over on Gen Selects Exhaust! I ordered the "In Stock" Exhaust on June 30th, by July 20th nothing! And at that point I just wanted my money back, but they would not give it to me!!! They even wanted to charge me a restocking fee!!! So I said "Screw it just send me what I freaking ordered almost a month ago! Exhaust finally arrived on the 26th of July with a freaking scratch on the face plate!!! I was so mad that I couldn't even post about it! I have a second Exhaust preordered with a much more reputable company. Probably going to just throw the Exhaust I got from Megalopolis into the fire!!! Never Ever Again will I order from Megalopolis!!!! They are complete scummy trash!!!! I was so happy about Exhaust when I found out about him, but Megalopolis just killed it for me!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I’d be surprised if they’re still around a year from now. The way they handle business and customers I don’t see how they are going to have success with making and sustaining their own line of toys. They’ll probably take a bunch of preorders and preorder money for those Mad Balls and then collapse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    i applied to be a customer service rep at the SLC store and got an interview but they passed on me. maybe they caught wind i was a tfw sleeper cell agent? anyway just like shipping they don’t bother to contact you about the job lol
    actually just found this thread today after shopping there about a year and like URID unfortunately i have had no major cockups. i try my best to shop local and i was very excited when the opened and i’ve really been up to bat for them! so this is really sucks to read, i thought quite highly of them but had no idea problems persisted with new management.

that said while they have been slower than an ancient turtle’s fossilized skeleton lately but everything arrives eventually and we’ll packt. as a majority star wars black series collector, i am mostly happy going to bed at night knowing i have an item on lock even if seeing it is an eventuality. had a nonissue where i selected in-store pickup but they shipped it (for free) so whatever

hey being jerked around by a toy company is annoying but let’s keep it on earth bruh no way any of this is even comparable to physical and sexual assault lmao

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. StarMaverick

OK, @Dran0n. First off your absolutely correct (being "Jerked Around" (as you put it) by a toy company is in no way comparable to "Physical and Sexual Assault").

But that being said no one has even talked about or even mentioned "Physical or Sexual Assault". And Megalopolis isn't Jerking anyone around, they are Committing Fraud, Lying, False Advertising, Abusing, and committing Theft!!!!

What is being talked about is "ABUSE" and if you think that what Megalopolis is doing to people is just "Jerking People Around" you are mistaken or are most likely part of the problem in some way, and or you work for Megalopolis!

Please understand that Megalopolis is knowingly committing fraud! Intentionally putting up false Advertisements with the intent to Profit, actively and knowingly lying about what they actually have In Stock, taking peoples hard earned money for products that they advertise as being In Stock, knowing they don't actually have them On Hand, refusing to give refunds when people find out about all the lies!!! This in no way just "Jerking People Around" It's called Premeditated Corrupt Business Practices! (AKA Fraud) This is the Premeditated Abuse of the collector community to make a Profit!!! This is Theft!
    A Lie is a Lie, and Abuse is Abuse, no grey areas! And I'm an actual real pissed off person that has been Abused and wronged by Megalopolis! So if your going to just try and down play and "Laugh Your A$$ Off" (as you put it) at the Abuse and pain that Megalopolis has caused me, as well as countless others, you most likely work for Megalopolis and are pretending to be a TFW member, or you get a rush from schadenfreude! You seem like an intelligent person, But if you cannot understand that all types of Abuse effect different people differently, and that Abuse of any type is traumatic and wrong! Please do not try and talk to me, you can save the witty banter, I'm the wrong one ,not here for it! and definitely not playing around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I just noticed on Twitter that Peaugh is getting swindled by them and is rightfully pissed. Hopefully his status as an influencer on social media will help spread the word to avoid this scummy store.

• Like Like x 2
  6. StarMaverick

I feel so badly for Peaugh, myself, and everyone who got, and is getting scammed by Megalopolis! This really needs to end! Transformers is a way of life for so many people, and brings happiness, life, and joy to the world! And Megalopolis has found a way to use the very thing we love against us! They are willing to destroy our happiness, collecting experience, and good faith in the market, Just to make a quick profit! And they are super disgusting for doing this right in the middle of a Pandemic, when people are already tight on money. And for some people myself included Transformers is one of the things that's helping us get through this tough time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    I’d actually like to get one of those Madballs figures, but I’ll wait until they’re actually produced and in the hands of a reseller until I bite. Seems crazy to preorder anything with them at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just as an FYI, from the Better Business Bureau:
    2020-08-01.png

• Like Like x 4
  9. StarMaverick

Thank you for this! This is extremely important.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    you said not to reply, but i feel like i got it twisted. i could’ve been more clear that i don’t agree at all with how megalopolis is doing things, even if personally i haven’t had a problem. absolutely they should be more up front about wait times, making sure product is in stock when you order, etc. their “no refunds” policy is probably one of the most ghoulish, greedy things i’ve heard from a toy retailer and i get zero satisfaction from anyone not getting what they want.
    i re-read your post and it makes sense, you said no type of abuse is right, which is absolutely true! reading it yesterday i thought the comparison between megalopolis victims and assault victims was more direct than it was admittedly. it just doesn’t sit right with me to have the problems with megalopolis so close to sexual/physical assault in the same sentence, that’s all. while it’s not right that megalopolis has screwed people out of money/figures, those things can be replaced but traumas from physical/sexual assault can become lifelong.
    not trying to come off as a shill, or uncaring to those that were wronged by mega. that all can still be totally valid and worth taking seriously as well as maybe not sitting in the same league as other forms of abuse.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shuggaroth

Shuggaroth Kahn, but Wings.

Ebay:
    Just wanted to leave this here....

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

Just watched this, wow lol

13. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Heh, hopefully his video will have an impact. I’m about to enter week 4 of no shipping from Megalopolis. Meanwhile I found and bought Snapdragon at Target yesterday so when Megalopolis finally sends mine I’ll just return it to Target.

14. EKSOBITION

EKSOBITION im a kidult

Week 4 for me too.

I'm literally going to do the same thing. Unfortunately, it has to come to this.

Lesson learned, but ill just keep it moving. :cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I just got an email from them reminding me that the first 1000 orders of their Madballs get an autograph. I find this hilarious because preorders opened a full week ago and this means they’ve had less than 1000 preorders in that time. I hope nobody is actually counting on those figures to be released.

• Like Like x 1
  16. EKSOBITION

EKSOBITION im a kidult

lol, I had a good laugh when I got that email this morning too. Hopefully, they can turn things around in the near future. I just won't be around to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peaugh goes off on Megalopolis toys...

• Like Like x 1
  18. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

Anyone PreOrder Transformers Scorponok from them? What have been your experiences with larger items?

19. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

Only thing I ordered from them was Greasepit and I had to email them about It as well. I eventually got it but I actually unsubscribed from there emails lol

20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    If it's a hot item or pre-order, things are likely to not go smoothly.

But if you are ordering something that shelf warms at your local brick and mortar, there won't be any problems.