Poll: About Megalopolis Toys... Now Premium DNA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Strife, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

30 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

107 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I can see now that I maybe should have written that first post in blue text. It was mostly in jest. But if we're getting into this, I singled you out because you're the one who comes back over and over to repeat the same hate for the store when everyone here already knows you dislike them. I'm not siding with the store, as you see later, I agree that the service they give is sometimes unfair and wrong. But most people who come into this thread to leave a word will most likely read a lot of other posts too. You could have left your negative opinion once or twice. You don't have to quote half of the negative comments just to agree with them and say the same things you've been saying over and over. You're not supporting victims of fraud, you're using them as a platform to elevate your own hate for the store (which is the most confusing part to me, why do you seem to have such a personal stake in hating a store?)

I'm not sure if this part is referring specifically to me, but if it is, I'm not dismissing anyone's complaints. I'm just saying the same person doesn't need to leave the same complaint repeatedly

I didn't label you worthy of blocking. In fact I argued the opposite. I'm not gonna block you because you seem like an intelligent person and I'm sure we don't differ on every topic

But you kinda are raging for no reason at this point. If you've had nothing but excellent service yourself, then I have trouble believing you're agreeing with some simply out of sympathy, considering the way you hate on other things, like a small store's policies. Either you desperately feel the need to be agreed with, or you just like being aggressive for the sake of being aggressive

You could leave your negative rant review once so that people understand how you feel, and then when others have bad experiences, say "hey I understand, that sucks that you had a bad experience too" instead of basically "Yeah! Screw Megalopolis! They suck!" over and over

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, please drop it. This isn't the place for Rule 1 stuff:
    1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, blue text would've helped a great deal. You didn't use it, though, so I have a hard time believing you're coming at me with sarcasm rather than a personal critique. You'll have to forgive me for not taking you at your word here, and below. It would be the same for you if the tables were turned. (Just being honest.) That said, it wasn't mostly in jest and we both know it. "There's always truth in jest".

I already addressed that I don't hate them, I don't like how they operate. When/if I see them doing better, I'll use their services again. Until then, no. Utah (can't remember the rest of his name) tried to just shut Calabask up because of his history in retail. I'm not cool with that. I worked retail, I do know the customer isn't always right and sometimes they can downright suck, but in this case? Megalopolis was downright dishonest and there's no getting around that. I'm fully on the customer's side on that one. If they're dishonest in this instance, and they've been proven dishonest in prior experiences (Black Friday '18 and '19), people need to know about it and know that people support their being angry at Megalopolis.

Calabask was more or less victim-blamed to a degree and I'm not cool with that. Even other customers who were burned by this current situation are starting to say "Nope, never again." People tend not to like Calabask in how he carries himself in his posts and how vocal he is (I'm guilty of being that way, myself, see? I can own my issues.) but he's actually right on this one. Casually ignoring what happened to him is not cool. He's one more added to their list of failures and they seem to continue, not get better, meaning Megalopolis currently has no plans to better themselves. (I'm leaving the door open for the future. They could, they have the capability, they're just not doing so right now.)

Oh, I forgot. This isn't a discussion forum on a message board. Oh, wait a sec... it is!

Honestly? I'd rather you did block me. You don't seem to realize it, but if you took a breather, came back and read this whole thing with a different set of eyes, you'd see how odd and misplaced your anger/snark/"jest" is when aiming at me. Simply responding and agreeing with a victim somehow bothers you to the point that you want to label me a hater for wanting a store committing fraud to do their job correctly. It's weird, makes no sense, and you just want to pick a fight because I said something you don't like for some reason. I'm not raging at them, I'm agreeing how awful they're being to their customers. I don't know how many times I have to say I don't hate them, I just want them to do their job honestly. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Please just block me. I'm kind of begging you to, at this point.

Sorry, didn't see this when typing. My apologies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wednesday came earlier than I expected.... Of course its just a shipping label...
    Screenshot_2020-07-11-13-39-57.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    @John TheDestroyer, Look, I don't know what happened if anything between Megalopolis and TFXProtector, but if it was anything like this, and even if it wasn't, he has the right to be very Angry! And to be honest any true collector should be infuriated when they find out what Megalopolis has done! And to be quite frank, I really do appreciate the support that TFXProtector is providing to us victims of Abuse, Fraud, and Theft by Megalopolis. And it actually does bother me that some people don't understand that this is not a normal problem! This is a problem that if widely practiced could completely upend this amazing hobby that we all love so much. Because could you imagine if a company like Target did what Megalopolis has done!

What if Target put up on their Website that they had the ER Seeker 2 Pack "In Stock" and at your local store, but the only catch is you had to pay for it up front online, than go to your local store and pick it up, but when you got there to pick it up, the "In Stock" item you paid for is no place to be found, and when you ask Customer Service about the whereabouts of your paid for "In Stock" item, Target Customer Service informs you that the "In Stock" item that you paid for (only because it was "In Stock"), is not actually "In Stock", but it should be on the way to the Target Warehouse, and "should" be available for pickup in maybe about 2 weeks, but to keep checking back. And 2 weeks rolls by, but still nothing from Target! Meanwhile all the websites that actually really had the item In Stock get sold out. Than Target finally notifies you that there was unfortunately a problem fulfilling your order, and that you would be issued a refund. But now it's to late because the Item is sold out everywhere, and now you have no choice but to go to the underground e-market and pay a ridiculous late tax five times over what you would have paid orginally, and in doing so would mean that you get no other figures that year! Or you could just miss out!!!!

What Megalopolis has done is not a joke, this is not a game, and this is definitely not funny! This is extremely serious! And if enough people came together we could actually legally file a Class Action Lawsuit against Megalopolis for "Fraud and Theft through False Advertisement with the Intent to Profit."
    So the way I see it their are only two reasons why someone would be defending Megalopolis after they have publicly committed the crimes of Fraud and Theft: The first is they are a super Megalopolis fan because Megalopolis gave them something for free, or the second is they actually work with or for Megalopolis! Because how could any collector of anything be ok with what Megalopolis has done!

Because telling victims of any type of Abuse (Financial, Physical, Sexual) to "just calm down and take it" is wrong! And the words of a Predator!!!!!

So please do not make a mockery of the pain and suffering from Victims of Abuse by Megalopolis, and definitely stop attacking those who would show compassion for the Victims of Abuse! Because what Megalopolis has done is WRONG!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I followed this thread originally to read reviews on Megalopolis and give my own experience, not to join an apparent hate cult. I'm very sorry to anyone I offended but jeez comparing me to a predator is a bit much isn't it?

Edit:
    Sorry, maybe was a bit more rude than I should have been

• Like Like x 1
  7. StarMaverick

News Credits:
    So now we are a "Hate Cult" just because we have the guts to step forward and say "No More Abuse???!" Can't you see that is Bigotry! OMG! I know you cannot mean what you say! But Please, Please! (At least for your own sake) chouse your words more wisely. And no one is calling you a Predator (Name calling is not allowed!) But I will say what Megalopolis has done is without a shadow of a doubt Predatory! and trying to defend, downplay, or make light of Abuse, and Predatory actions, an anyway, does not look good. You don't need to apologize, (unless their is something your not telling us) that would fall on Megalopolis. But just please be mindful of your words, because this is a very sensitive topic and people have been Wronged!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  8. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    It is now Wednesday with no shippping notice.

9. Sunstorm9119

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got mine in the afternoon, so hopefully that's the timeframe when you'll get your notice. Of course I got my notice Saturday and it didn't start moving until Monday. Hoping the Thursday delivery estimate holds up... Screenshot_2020-07-15-09-20-29.png Screenshot_2020-07-15-09-20-17.png

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Got my exhaust and greasepit from them yesterday. Kind of annoyed that they didn't actually ship till the 10th, but at least they showed up

• Like Like x 3
  11. captainfantasy

captainfantasy Der Komissar

News Credits:
    West Coast, 'cause you know it's the best coast.
    I have never had any problem with this company. There was a time when a particular shipment took a long time, but they were waiting for one of my items to come back in stock. It never did. I ordered it at 20% off and they gave me store credit for the full price. My last order, was for Greasepit and Exhaust on 7/2. I received them 7/13. That time frame doesn't bother me in the least. I have ordered from other larger companies that we all know and love and they have taken longer, received wrong items or items in my POL had already been sold.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sunstorm9119

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    See, the part that ticks me right the hell off is how they're shipping things out. I ordered exhaust on 6/27 and I still haven't gotten it yet (tracking says tomorrow)....
    Its like they started with the last order received and they're working back to the first, which is a sure way to piss off your customers. To say nothing of not communicating that the items weren't in stock when they said they would be....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Calabask

News Credits:
    No reply yet. Time to take to twitter and tag Boss Fight and link to everything where people have had constant issues with them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Calabask

News Credits:
    Finally got a shipping notification, a label was created. Let's see how long before it ships.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Some months ago, during one of their too-good-to-be-true sales, I ordered about $150 worth of figures to get free shipping.
    On the 15th I placed the order.
    On the 20th, after no contact, I emailed CS to ask if there were delays, citing their reputation.
    They promptly replied, saying it was processing, and it miraculously shipped that same day.
    On the 23rd, the package arrived, missing about $35 worth of items.
    I emailed them, and they said they didn't have the items in stock to fulfill it.
    They offered either a refund, or a bonus reimbursement if I took store credit instead. I opted for the refund.

I can't say I would do business with them again. Their non-sale prices are insultingly inflated, their shipping costs for single figures are too high, and they're clearly investing more money in marketing style than they are in substance. They have their own custom printed boxes, tape, purple packing peanuts, and even an "investor prospectus" in the box for good measure. But if they truly want to compete with big hitters like BBTS and EE like they claim, the fulfillment and customer service aspects are more important than presentation.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got my Exhaust today.

• Like Like x 2
  17. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. So I have ordered twice from them. And unlike ShadowStitch, received all of my items. But it was like until I inquired about the week long delay of even acknowledging I just gave them $150, did my package ship. They are veryyyyyy slow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. StarMaverick

News Credits:
    How do you already have yours??? I ordered Exhaust in June?! And still don't have it! What is going on????!!!

19. EKSOBITION

EKSOBITION im a kidult

Instagram:
    Finally got a shipping notice for exhaust today. Slowly but surely.

• Like Like x 1
  20. captainfantasy

captainfantasy Der Komissar

News Credits:
    West Coast, 'cause you know it's the best coast.
    Not sure if it has to do with proximity, SLC to Oregon isn't too far. It shipped on 7/9. Don't know their processing order, but it does seem weird that you haven't received at least a confirmation. I hope you get it soon.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.