Poll: About Megalopolis Toys... Now Premium DNA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Strife, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

30 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

107 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated 4/22/2021:

Do not order from Megalopolis (now known as Premium DNA).
    You will not get your item. They have no 'stock' to speak of.
    Do _not_ try. You will be burned.
    They are a scam. Order ANYWHERE else.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Brian Nash

Brian Nash Member

1/11/2021 EDIT: THIS REVIEW FROM 2018 NO LONGER REFLECTS MY VIEWS. I HAVE NOT BEEN BURNED BY THE COMPANY, BUT CURRENT EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING. DO NOT BUY.

Couldn't agree more with your review! . For me, I ordered the Terrorcons on Friday, and on SUNDAY, of all days, USPS delivered them right to my door. Salt Lake City to California isn't particularly far, but I was shocked! And for the record, I paid for regular shipping.

They were immaculately packed, with the same goodies you received. In my case, I even received pictures of the box as they were packing it... something totally different from anything I've seen before. Nice touch!

I literally just created this account to sing their praises. I've been collecting Transformers for MANY years, and Ive never seen anything quite like this. I'll certainly be buying from them again in the future!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

Yeah I just got mine today. I was initially put off by the minimum of $10 shipping an no cheaper options. But considering my box came in smashed by ups, all the figures were still in perfect order. So I appreciate the amount of packing they used. It also came a day earlier than expected. I’m definitely going to order Predaking and Optimal Optimus from them.

4. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the place I order from wraps all of the packages in brown paper, and then crams paper between all the gaps inside the box... and I hate it. So much waste for me to throw out!

5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How the bonus works?

It is necessary to open a thread like this for sharing and we have to send the link to the site owner ?

I ask because it could be consider spam.

By the way, love that box. :D 

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

The only reason I didn’t order from them is that I’d never heard of them and wasn’t sure they were legit. However, this thread has firmly established their credibility in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got all the same goodies too. I'll be watching their site for Bomb-Burst and Novastar, the last two transformers I'll be buying.

8. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    mods, could you please delete this thread? I was in the wrong to post this here. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  9. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

Crap that doesn’t bode too well then, since I already ordered from them too.

10. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Eh, its the biggest shopping time of the year. Might want to give them some time. I have no horse in this race though, only used them once in the pasr but others on here swear by them.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tigermask44

News Credits:
    They haven’t shipped in 6 days. No way.

12. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Bigbadtoystore did the same to me. It took them a week to ship my order. And that wasn't even during holiday shopping season.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    No horse in the race either, but some patience is definitely needed, especially when placing an order less than 3 days before Thanksgiving. Also, where it's Thanksgiving week, no one is going to be working on shipping items from COB Wednesday till Monday morning.

BTW priority shipping only means that once it's shipped it will arrive faster, it doesn't mean the vendor will actually ship the order out any faster.

• Like Like x 7
  14. tigermask44

News Credits:
    If it was in stock like they said then it should have shipped within 48 hours. They don’t actually have it in stock is what I’m saying. If your willing to deal with crappy service then fine. I’m not. I’m going back to tfsource or chosen prime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Calling @Cool Hand Lube
    Megalopolis got their inventory in late from the supplier, and they're busy fulfilling orders around the already busy holiday.

I was also feeling a bit let down, but am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt without jumping on the hate-wagon.

• Like Like x 4
  16. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol@ the idea that TF Source has good CS.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Ligertron

Ligertron 武装神姫マスター

Stop acting like such a self-entitled baby because they didn't jump to ship your order on a holiday during the busiest time of the year. They're spending time with their families and probably won't even be at work until Monday. You don't have the right to smear their entire business like this just because you're impatient that you didn't get your toys right away. Disgusting thread.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

They're bad at keeping their site up to date with their actual stock, I've had the same issue before. As far as responsiveness, yeah give them a break because of the holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 80sboy4

80sboy4 Well-Known Member

The only issue I've had is the Black Friday sale of theirs, most things were sold out by the time it went live, a little frustrating but I have ordered from them recently and it did ship quickly and packed very well, I'll order from them again.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I spoke to them the other day, they are short-staffed due to the holiday (just like I'm sure BBTS, TFsource, Captured Prey, etc. all would be. Come on guys...) on top of their receiving their stock of Siege figures late, again, just like Chosen Prime and TFSource did, too. Yes, they jumped the gun and said "in stock" but the other guys sold preorders based on "in stock this week!" last week and boy howdy would you look at that? They didn't ship last week, either.

It's the busiest retail time of the year, during a short week, and the OP is (I assume) an adult capable of exhibiting patience when called upon to do so, and this is one of those times.

Megalopolis has been nothing short of amazing on everything from customer service to packaging and shipping on several orders of mine over the last few months. I have an outstanding order right now, too, and this is the first time it didn't ship same day I ordered. Give them a chance, you'll be impressed. Smearing a retailer because you're impatient is beyond lame.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.