Poll: About Megalopolis Toys... Now Premium DNA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StrifeZ, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

30 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

107 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

Oh no. I just found this tread. I have an order from mid-August still sitting. I emailed them asking to cancel my order as it contained birthday gifts which I then had to purchase on Amazon. I haven’t heard back from them. It’s a shame

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

I finally received my refund today after sending an all-caps screaming message to Zenjerkoff on Monday. I've waited until I got my money before going off on these fraudulent @$$^&&*%*@#$&! I have to be careful because I really like this board and don't want to get banned for going off the rails on these people. :) 

I got in touch with my bank last week and the lovely lady there did a bit of looking into this. Basically, these people are there to rip you off. Their "Terms and Conditions" has all this ridiculous stuff in it, granted I'm paraphrasing here from what she was saying, but it was basically about how you can't get a refund or anything until you've waited 2 weeks for an item to ship or some other nonsense. Then, if you actually receive an item, you have to pay return shipping and they deduct a 15% restocking fee. This is all hypothetical because this assumes you actually received an item. Also, if you don't do all this ridiculous, meticulous bullsh*t by the letter when you return your item, you get nothing. No legitimate company would put that horsesh*t in their terms and conditions. See, they know that no-one's going to go in and read that novel-length legal nonsense typed in size 5 font. This is deliberately set up this way to legally cover their asses while they are ripping you off. All this shipping delay bullsh*t they are feeding you is complete and utter fiction. That human, Zenfucko, kept babbling on about the customer service blah, and temp worker blah, and we need to do better training and call in our overseas branch, so we can have a company workshop seminar on how to provide quality customer service. He said this like somehow he has no idea what's going on and customer service is a completely separate department from the department where he works. Something must be done about these "bad customer service employees" that are taking weeks to reply to your email, and telling you you can't get a refund etc, etc. Right, like this store is f*cking Wayne Enterprises employing several hundred people, with 3 trailers of product being shipped out daily, and this is just from their Salt Lake City location. Somehow, though, even though he has nothing to do with customer service, he miraculously had the ability to send out an email from their customer service email address telling me my money would be refunded. Yeah, and Zendingalongdingdong had nothing to do with, and had no knowledge of, what was going on with their "bad customer service employees." I have to be careful here. As I said, I don't want to type something that might get me banned.

This dude said it best a few pages back in regards to these people:

This thread should be pinned so we can alert as many people as possible to these scumbags. You know, it may seem like I'm over-reacting, especially since I got my money back, but knowingly ripping someone off, and having a "business" whose M.O. is to regularly rip people off, makes my blood boil. I take that sh*t personally. It's right up there with messing with my car.

So folks, do yourself a favor and NEVER give these douchebags your money.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was visiting my parents and my Dad saw me reading all of this and it got us talking about it. (He loves this kind of stuff. Megalopolis is on his $#!7list just for being awful. lol)

He made a really good point and y'all might want to consider this...

While reading, we found out two people have begun the process to sue Megalopolis, they've even retained a lawyer, they're serious about suing them into the ground. (It's all on Facebook) Which means people will start looking into them more and more.

My Dad said "I know how to get 'em... Report them to the IRS. If they're not paying suppliers, and they're not giving customers what they want, they're most likely not paying their taxes. Might not have from the beginning, which would explain now. Even if they're honest on their taxes, the audit should scare the hell out of them."

It's really not a bad idea.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Doodle

Doodle Member

Yeah that would work, even the F.T.C should scare them too, because with what's happening, you have a pretty good argument that they are stealing money from customers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well you have to figure that your toys go out packed about 1/2 to 1/4 as densely as they came in. I have no problem believing that Big Bad or Embarrassment Earth push a trailer per day. For BBTS at least, I can see order numbers climb a few thousand per day since I've been tracking my e-mail problems. Megalopolis just seems way too Johnny Come Lately to be doing that much business though. Wish I knew how places that end up with threads like this got so damned big so damned fast.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Not trying to defend them in the least, but this may be partially true. I have a friend that is working for the post office in Colorado, and she said a ton of people have left (I think) due to the recent bullshit the government tried to pull, not COVID. She told me she's basically been working 90 hour weeks to help them cover the personnel loss, and it's running her ragged.

ZenBenjo reading this like:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    My guess would be they got as big as they did as quickly as they did because since I've been buying from them they'd list the newest items as "hot off the truck" months before other major etailers would be getting them in stock. For example, I got all of wave 1 of Classified from them two months before they started shipping from anywhere else. Now, it took two weeks to ship from the time I ordered so it makes you wonder if they were ever truly in stock, but for me personally that's why I kept going back there. They'd have sellable stock of the newest assortments instead of preorders way before anyone else. Now I'm thinking they're listing stuff as in stock when it really should have been a preorder.

8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm STILL waiting for Exhaust and Greasepit. I may just ask for a refund.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HTF do you have that much patience? Seriously, when is enough enough for some people? The writing's been on the wall for a long time, now.

10. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Welp. I'm joining the Megahatetrain. I had bought a couple things from them last year. No problem at all. They answered the phones if there was a problem(I seem to remember a problem vaguely)

Well I bought the 2nd wave of Earthrise. Its been almost 2 weeks. No shipment. No answer on the phones. no answer on the emails. I want to cancel and get my money back now.

11. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    I didn’t come here to rub salt on your guys’ wounds. But I ordered something from them during their damaged box sale. I purchased them last Friday, and they arrived today. So something is definitely going on. They’re flat out lying about being behind on shipments, or they’re completely ignoring their backlog.

12. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I think the difference is between their sale and hot off the truck items. Obviously stuff they're throwing on sale they've actually got in stock, but I can honestly say that it's always taken some time for them to ship an order that's listed as hot of the truck. Makes me think they're listing them as in stock before they actually get them in at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Nice. This pleases me, pleases me greatly. I was really hoping someone would get pissed enough to sue these douchebags. I give your Dad a thumbs-up. :thumb 

TRUTH'D!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger Member

Everything I ordered was in stock sale stuff, and it's been a month and a half. I'm holding out hope new orders are shipping quickly because they're getting their shit together, as well as catching up on the delayed orders...might be wishful thinking, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    That would be great honestly, but at this point the "two weeks" they promised when my last two orders were already three weeks old is up tomorrow. Doesn't give me much confidence... especially when others are contacting them and hearing things like power outages, fires, etc. as excuses for why nothing shipped out last week. Since I don't see them suddenly shipping my two orders tomorrow I went ahead and wrote them an email just now insisting on the orders being canceled and refunded because they haven't lived up to their end of the bargain. If they refuse I'll let my bank's fraud department deal with them. I don't like companies holding my money for a month when they obviously don't have these things ready to ship.

17. Sunswiper

Sunswiper Member

They've been saying for weeks that they fixed their shipping issue but when you contact them, you get the same old "we had problems but they are resolved now". They've been saying the same thing in different ways for a month.

I also ordered on sale items and nada. I gave them an ultimatum yesterday but haven't heard back. I'll be reaching out to my bank on Monday.

18. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Monday is when I'm reaching out to my Bank. I'm going to try to reach out to them today. I had zero luck with their customer service phone line yesterday. I hit one and its immediately the other message, no music or ringing.

And Megalopolis has blocked me on twitter all for asking them to answer their damn phones

guess its time to hit up my bank then.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2020
  19. Diegos1992

Diegos1992 New Member

Clearly they have serious cashflow problems, see also their fundraising campaign on Startengine, investors are asking Startengine to intervene

• Like Like x 1
  20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

How long have you been waiting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.