Poll: About Megalopolis Toys... Now Premium DNA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StrifeZ, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

30 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

107 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Read through the last couple pages alone, note that two representatives of Megalopolis never mentioned anything about any power outages affecting anything whatsoever and make up your own mind. Just start the chargeback with your credit card company now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Doodle

Doodle Member

Well, I used a vanilla gift card, specifically because I thought it was safer, so I guess that won't work because those can't be charged back, looks like I will have to get a refund, if even possible since reading this forum, thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the email stating that I was getting a refund.
    But as of Monday, it still has not come into my account.

I do know that there are often delays on the banks end for refunds, so I will see how this plays out.
    But if it goes past 5 days, we'd be back where we started. I am not saying that is the case, but we'll see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Those getting refunds, make sure to let us know if you get charged that bullshit 15%.

• Like Like x 1
  5. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    After much blood, sweat, and tears, I can confirm that I received 100% of my refund back on my credit card for the two items that were "in-stock" but never shipped. Again it was a 6 week battle, and it took about 4 days for the charges to show up as refunded but I got them. So I get to live with the relaxing notion that never ever again do i have to deal with these people.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I got the email yesterday stating that a refund had been issued. Please let us know if yours actually comes in.

7. Calabask

News Credits:
    Good to hear sir!

8. Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger Member

So for those of us who have not (yet) requested refunds - what sort of ETA should we be expecting for our orders? What's the time frame you're looking at to be 'caught up' on the backorders? Because I'll be honest, every time I get an email or a Facebook ad promoting a sale or new product release, I get a little more impatient for the order I placed on 8/2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FYI- Refunds should NOT take added actions or constant reminders just to get. I've gotten refunds from Amazon, Amazon Japan, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, TFSource, Walmart, Target and Toys R Us (back in the day), and all happened within three days without my needing to remind them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fuck this company. Covid has nothing to do with their long history of lying about stock and hoping you forget you ordered anything at all, then giving different people entirely different bullshit excuses when pressed.

They can't and won't ever "own their mistakes" because these aren't mistakes, it's their business model. They ship roughly half of their orders for plausible deniability and try to screw the other half for a quick buck. Why sell ten $100 Sky Lynx and make $20 each when you can sell five, jack around the other five, and make $100 off each person who gives up? They're conmen.

11. Maestropsico

Maestropsico Member

Just like everyone here, I bought an item august 15, it was in stock so I assumed they would ship right away, nope...a month later and nothing...so far I have gotten two packs from BBTS, four from dorksidetoys, nine from NECA and not one of them have said "we cant ship because covid"

It will be nice to have a real answer not just "your item will be shipped this week(a month ago)", much rather get a refund than being waiting until there is no more covid and you guys can ship.
    I don't think EE is bad at all. I have lots of close friends there and think they are a great company. My point was the customer feedback on that thread points to the exact same type of issues, and for the same reasons. Slow shipping in the exact same time window, poor customer service responses and no refunds, etc. They are West Coast too and dealing with the exact same supply routes we are and it's causing the same problems. When shipping is slowed, customer service inquiries go up, and you have to add people. New people tend to take a while to get their feet under them in this unique business. They are struggling with that too. That was the only purpose of that.

You are correct, they are actively addressing the issues there. I'm trying to do that here. I found out about this thread 2 days ago when one of our frequent buyers was kind enough to send me the link.
    Since, I've been here doing my best, all be it inadequate I'm sure, to explain and help where I can.

I hope this is in some way helpful. Ultimately, we need to just catch up these backlogged shipments as fast as possible and we are doing that. People should start seeing more and more deliveries coming in and more announcements on the changes we're implementing as well. Can't change the past, but we can better the future.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
  12. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

This is the last response I got from them concerning my last order. I'm willing to give them another week or two

"Thank you for reaching out.

Our warehouse is experiencing high delays due to low staffing and an influx of online orders. I can assure you that we are working diligently to get all orders out.

Unfortunately, it is taking longer than our typical processing time. However, you will be notified as soon as your order is on its way to you.

Thank you for your patience and if you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out."

13. Maestropsico

Maestropsico Member

Thats the same email they sent me about a month ago

14. Sunswiper

Sunswiper Member

Me too. And today I got the below response. I thought they fixed their shipping issue 2 weeks ago. I regret not doing more research.
    --
    I’m very sorry for the delay on your order. Temporary limitations on the amount of outgoing packages have been implemented by our carrier partner due to COVID restrictions on their manpower, leading to a bottleneck effect that has had orders taking longer than acceptable.

Fortunately this has been rectified, and we have additional daily pickups scheduled throughout the next week and following week that will have all delayed orders on their way to you! We will be including a discount code for savings on any future purchase as a thank you for your incredible patience as we navigated this challenge.

Going forward, we will be able to honor our typical processing time which is 1-3 business days. Please know that we are working diligently to get all orders out the door as fast as humanly possible, and once your order has been picked up you’ll receive an email with tracking information.

Thank you for your continued patience and support, and if you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thought they were shipping three trucks a day?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    No see, there was a power outage that caused COVID and it made the murder hornets mess up their shipping times. Hand to God...

• Like Like x 4
  17. Maestropsico

Maestropsico Member

That was their last email, so yeah its just a copy paste crap....sucks not doing th research before buying
    They were going to do that, but then they saw a fire at the hospital for deaf and blind kittens and puppies, they were about to help but then Cobra Comander and Skeletor appeared, they froze them with their super powers and gizmos, now it's up to the Care Bears and Baby Jesus to help them save the kittens and ship our stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Calabask

News Credits:
    They must be surrounded by 5G towers spreading the next level of COVID, the Zombie virus, so they're shipping out three trailers a day of stuff, but 3/4ths of it is supplies to help the remains of humanity rise up and combat the zombie virus. But shit, the guns, ammo, and food were all in seperate trucks, and the water is in the warehouse and so while everyone was supposed to get everything now they might only get one thing. And for some reason it keeps happening every day! We can not fathom what they are going through right now or how they are feeling, but they will be introducing a 15% sorting fee to charge you $15 for every item you recieve even if they were going to give it to you for free, because that's apparently how math works for them, try to figure that out. And on top of all of these things, they are still having a scratch and dent sale where they're selling MP Lio Convoys for nearly half the price yet despite sending out so many packages they've yet to sell out. Might be the fact that the sales are final and if the items are damaged in anyway, well SOL on you. you lose out on $120. Jesus Christ, I can't think of any more scumbag of a company.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    824641b6f4b4a70eb6992b0f45a3d5b9.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    Had a local collector in a Facebook group claim that they told him in an email that the warehouse had a fire?? And that they couldn't be at the warehouse for a few days. I know the wildfires are crazy right now, but have they reached SLC? I havent seen anybody else mention they've been told this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.