POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

134 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Gen 2

60 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Gen 3

55 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Gen 4

36 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Gen 5

48 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    im hunting moonstones. i need 15 ive been hunting lunatone with decent luck, and have gotten 15 so far and i need/want 30. i can search in X or Sapphire, clefariy dexnav searching seems fruitless even with compound eyes.....

2. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Why so many? Only 6 Pokemon evolve with the moon stone.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I didn't want to cause any alarm, but last night I called the EB games that was rude to me yesterday. They told me Preorders start today! I couldn't go so my mom helped me preorder it. So now I have one.

It's even on the site, but it's already sold out.

https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/722535/new-nintendo-3ds-pokemon-20th-anniversary-edition

Hip Hip hooray.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Here's a question I have about the ReRelease of Yellow version;
    Will the digitized voice of Ikue Otani still sound like crap, 'cause believe it or not, thats a deciding factor for me buying it.

5. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

I kind of hope they don't change it.

For those of you unfamiliar with this horror.
    WARNING: EXTREMELY LOUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNV4P3DFPps

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    So now I've got some serious planning to do with my Pokémon team. Trying to decide on Marowak or Hitmonlee. I just hope the instructions don't say you have to choose either Red or Blue, once you choose one, the other will be deactivated. Sorry, that's a bit of over reacting. But if that's not the case, if my sister wants to play it because she never got to play it like me, I know I have to share it. We both agreed if we ever got Red or Blue, I get the Red and she gets the Blue. I'd start with Squirtle and she starts with Bulbasaur.

7. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

The box says it comes with Red and Blue. You won't have to choose one or the other.

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That's good to know. So depending on if my sister is still interested or not, I may have to share Blue with her.

I was thinking more of a switch on the bottom where you switch one side, it cuts the wire the other game.

Edit: Now that I've got Pokémon 3DS Bundle preordered, this is my favorite commercial now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKer9_LUpJU

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    What Electric Pokémon do you think is better, Raichu or Electabuzz?

10. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Raichu has slightly better stats overall and you can get one earlier than Electabuzz if you don't mind using a TM to teach it an Electric attack better than Thundershock because Pikachu doesn't learn another one until level 43 unless you're playing Yellow. But Electabuzz can learn Psychic which is a great move and does learn Thunderpunch naturally.

Personally I'd go with Electabuzz buuuuuut I might be a bit biased because my Electabuzz in my latest Red playthrough served me very well. Serge II was a beast.

11. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

So the official Pokemon twitter posted the Superbowl commercial.

No announcements of anything, just a spot to make 30-something dads think about Pokemon again.

All the easter eggs in the commercial are neat though. Heaviest in the football team, where their helmet logo is the Volcano badge, the captain is number 20 (20th anniv), and the players with numbers 19 and 96 (original release year) under the "Like No One Ever Was" banner.

12. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i did a wonder trade event. i wanted to send buneary out with a moon stone for the first full moon of the year. i did get 30. i used compound eyes with a fainted butterfree. gottem!

13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I was told Pokémon Red and Blue downloads don't have Restore Points. What does that mean? Please explain in easy words.

And I just saw the Pokémon Super Bowl Commercial. I said,
    "That's it? What a waste of hopes."

14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    My nephews are trying to convince me to get a 3DS and buy Alpha Sapphire to play with them and as someone whose last recent Pokemon game was Black & White 2, is it worth getting back into the new games? I think its the price too, they say I can get a 3DS for sixty and Alpha Sapphire for twenty or thirty, help needed?

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I would say that it is worth it to get into the new games. The graphics are wonderful and Alpha Sapphire contains updated and, in my opinion, improved music from the third Pokémon generation. The new Exp. Share cuts down on grinding time, if you are into that.

I don't know about the prices. My Omega Ruby cost me thirty, but my XL cost $200 or more in 2014.

16. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

"Restore Points" basically let you save your game wherever you damn well please rather than wherever the game LETS you. Essentially, they turn hard mode into easy mode.

In any event, it doesn't mean a damn thing to me. I save at vital points where the game lets me. Like in front of a legendary Pokemon (Like Zapdos), or in front of the Trash Can with the first switch in it in the Vermillion City Gym, or right next to places where Trainer BLUE is programmed to challenge the player. I've BEEN doing it since 1999.

17. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

So it's literally just advertising the 20th Anniversary of Pokemon. Have to say I was hoping for more, but it's cool they're celebrating the anniversary in such a big way. I did enjoy the little Pokemon Easter eggs.

Ah, that's really cool of you to do.

18. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not bothered by the lack of Restore Points either. There's nowhere you can't save except for in battle. I mean, I guess they'd be good for catching a Legendary because you'd be able to make one after whittling down its health and you can restore your state if you run out of Pokéballs. But outside of that I can't think of a use for them.

19. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

Do it! If you played BW2, you've only missed XY, and the gameplay between XY and ORAS is the same.
    Yeah, I don't see how anyone could be bothered by this (I don't really think anyone is). Pokemon games have NEVER let you save in the middle of battles, trades, etc. Having restore points would cheapen the game a lot.

Imagine getting Mewtwo down to a sliver of health, making a restore point, then chucking all your Ultra Balls at him but none of them take. You could just restore that point and try again. Same thing with a Chansey encounter, or on Gary's last Pokemon. These things sound convenient, but it takes away the spirit of the game.

20. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i must watch this commercial.

the buneary had sweet kiss, charge beam, pound and power up punch. going for the myth of the rabbit thats pounds rice on the moon and some sailormoon concepts.
    i recorded the last few trades, and what i got from it and put it up on youtube. if anyone cares.