POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

131 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Gen 2

57 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Gen 3

53 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Gen 4

34 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Gen 5

44 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

What the heck...? I know I got an Espeon in the "Befriend a Pokemon game" but on the Global Link Website I'm getting a "You must be qualified to participate in the promotion".

What's going on? Where is my Espeon!?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

It was Magic-ally Bounce-d away. :tongue: 

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Did you properly link your game to your Pokemon.com account?

4. Sparky Prime

Yes. I didn't have any issues with linking my game to the Pokemon.com account. Haven't had any problems with anything really, up until now...

I've sent an email to the Customer Service. I'm hoping they'll fix this. I've really been looking forward to getting this Espeon...

5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Could be that you never officially completed the process to get your Espeon. Did you try to play the game again and get a message saying you already selected your eevee evolution? If you didn't, that means an eevee evolution was never chosen.

6. Sparky Prime

I'm sure I completed the process. I beat the game having gotten Espeon, it asked if that was the Pokemon I wanted and I said it was. It asked if I was sure as I wouldn't be able to pick another, which again I confirmed. I played the game a couple times after that to see if I could raise my score despite not being able to choose another Eeveelution. The only score it saved was from the game where I got the Espeon though.

7. Tirade

Well, unless you got the message when you tried to play the game again, you never finalized the process. I did the same thing for a while too. Once you selected your evolution, you needed to close out of your browser. That would have saved the evolution. Not really your fault, more like poor programming on Nintendo's part.

8. Sparky Prime

So it permanently saved my score when I selected Espeon but not the Espeon itself? That makes absolutely no sense...

9. Tirade

That sums it up. Like I said earlier, I kept doing that until someone told me my selection had not been saved. I would have been in the same boat as you. I was lucky I noticed some info on Smogon.

10. Sparky Prime

Wow... I've checked around some other websites and it appears this was a widespread problem with the Pokemon website not properly saving the Eeveelutions players choose. I'm hoping with how many people had this glitch, Nintendo will do something to fix it. It would be really frustrating if I spent all this time waiting for this promotion which I'd completed and can't get it because they had a problem saving it. :/

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just beat the Elite 4, N and Ghetsis.

Now i'm a little depressed that the fun part of the game is over. Also I'm a little dissapointed you can't save between the time of catching Zekrom to fighting N and Ghetsis. I ended up with a docile Zekrom. :( 

12. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Hey guys, beat E4 in SoulSilver yesterday. Currently in Power Plant. Who wants to help me complete the Dex? For your information, I didn't catch a lot Pokemon.

13. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

If you intentionally lose against N, you will be back at the pokemon center and be able to see what nature your Zekrom is.

14. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got back to playing White, I had left it just before Victory Road and in 2 days I had finished the POkemon league both times and captured all the legendary/event pokemon (except the Musharna which I will do on Friday and Landorus because my sister has not caught Tornadus in Black yet)

Now I am doing the battle subway to get all the power items and Life Orbs etc. Then I am on to training/breeding my proper battling team.

15. Tirade

Man, 4th generation RNG abuse seems more complicated than the 5th gen standard seed abuse. Of course the hardest part has been finding a flawless synchronizable seed to abuse. I won't even bother with Trainer ID/Secret ID manipulation until I can find an appropriate seed.

16. Tirade

Thanks to the Japanese Pokemon Cafe giveaway, people can now acquire female DW Eevees. So there will be legal breeding for those DW abilities. Glad that is available now.

17. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Anyone up for a battle? I want to test out new team.

I do use legal hacks, and play with Sleep/OHKO/Evasion clauses ON. I don't use Drizzle and Swift Swim, but you may.

FC: 5028 3911 6669

EDIT: well, gg Dr. wheel jack. Nice to know my team can hold its own. :) 

Anyone else want to get owned? ;) 

18. Sparky Prime

I got an email yesterday from customer support about the DW Eeveelution promotion problem. They make it sound like it could still take a while, but I think I'll be able to get my Espeon eventually. They said to expect another update next week about it.

19. Tirade

If you are patient, I might be able to get you an Espeon with Magic Bounce. I could probably get it for you in egg form (so when it hatches, it will have your Trainer name and such). I just need to acquire a female DW Eevee.

20. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack 3DS

Can any one help me evolve my feebas and trade it back to me?