POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

133 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Gen 2

58 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Gen 3

53 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

35 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Gen 5

45 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Again, why would one want to? You can C-Gear RNG in the Entree Forest if need be (or trade for them), and let's face it, Vaporeon and Espeon, the only two whose DW abilities do not suck (I believe I explained this quite clearly previously), have either a better ability (Vaporeon) or simply are so limited to one niche (Espeon) that one would rarely use it.

I honestly believe that the biggest shift in the Metagame from this event will be the advent of Magic Mirro Espeon, and thus the frst shutdown of Stealth Rock and hazards in general. This will be greatly disrupting, as even though Hazards aren't as ubiquitous as in GenIV, they still hang around on a fair few of the teams, dare I say most teams, and this will serve as a great anti-hazard Pokemon. Sadly, Espeon's lack of Fire or Electric moves will hinder this slightly, as it has no way to safely hit Ferrothorn nor Tentacruel nor Roserade nor Froslass nor Skarmory, which are five Pokemon known for setting up hazards. There's also Azelf, who even though relegated to UU, still screws up Espeon. The fact Espy is also hit for SE damage by TTar, who is a staple on any Sandstorm team, along with a weakness to Scizor's Technician Pursuit and U-Turn, and Shanderaa's Shadow Ball, while not being able to touch Burungeru, makes Espy a switch in at best, who'll have to switch out straight away, and that means leaving yourself open to set up sweepers.

In the end, this isn't going to cause too much change, but Espeon will certainly see use on many gimmick teams. It's just too bad it's outclassed by Reuniclus in almost every way... :( 

2. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

You keep mentioning Magic Mirror, but isn't the ability called Magic Bounce? Also, I realize the Dream World/Hidden Abilities for these pokes are not the greatest. I still think it's a pity they are being released as Male Pokemon.

As for using C-Gear to RNG in the Entree Forest, that's a bit beyond me atm. From what I've gathered, it's not an easy thing to do.

3. Treadshot A1

English: Magic Bounce.
    Japanese (Translation): Magic Mirror.

It's like Doryuuzu, or Shanderaa, or Crimgan. The romanised Japanese name just sounds cooler. :D 

And yeah, it is difficult, though I plan to simply trade for them. It's much easier that way.

4. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *Pokemon Update For: Sun. 05/15/2011*
    ===============================
    [Note: I have 1 Main Game that I play in: HG/Pearl/Platinum/Black]

*Wi-Fi Event: Mystery Pokemon Egg

Mystery Pokemon Egg (Pansage) From Black
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wonder Card(s) For Mystery Pokemon Egg (USA)
    [​IMG]
    -TF2

5. Treadshot A1

So, it's Pansage, Axew and...what was the third one again?

Also, what makes these Pokemon so special?

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the third is Pidove. As to their significance, I think it's just the fact that they're each owned by a main protagonist in the show.

7. Treadshot A1

No, i meant do they come with special moves or something? Like, why should I get them from this event and not just catch them in the wild?

8. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think it's just they have the moves used in the show, at Level 1. (Although I THINK Bullet Seed is an Egg Move for Pansage normally)

9. Tirade

LOL, I asked the same question earlier: what is the point of this event? Seems like a waste of time to me. Can we get some better events, please?

10. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Supposedly the Mystery Event Pokemon have a single IV stat set to 31 (with the rest randomized I guess). But yeah, there really isn't anything special about them that you couldn't otherwise get in the game.

I'm looking forward to when the next movie promotion events in Japan makes the way over here. Another Victini, but with Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves. And they recently announced Reshiram and Zekrom themselves depending on what version of the game you have so players can get the one they couldn't get normally in their version of the game.

11. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, I just looked it up and it seems that Pidove and Pansage have 31 IVs in attack, and Axew has 31 in speed.

Yep, Bullet Seed is an egg move.

As to the 'point' of getting these Pokemon like this, there really isn't much of one, at least not for 'us'. This event is clearly more for kids who watch the cartoon, as they can feel like they have a Pokemon belonging to one of the main characters.

12. Treadshot A1

Well, for those who can't RNG, this is a good thing. But for me, pointless.

13. Tirade

But see, if they wanted to make this "cooler" for the kids, why not release them in Cherish Balls with Trainer names to match the show. That would really get the kids excited. As it stands, these "event" pokes will simply have the Trainer name of each individual owner. Seems so lazy.

14. Treadshot A1

Hell, at least choose some things that we can't get in game early. At this point, only Axew is half-worth it, as you can't get a Haxorus till late-game, but we all know he sucks regardless (in game he does suck).

Give me a bloody Genesect/Meloetta/Keldeo already, Troll Freak.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Well, Pansage is hard to get if you don't start with Tepig, but yeah, rather dull give-aways.

16. Tirade

Couldn't agree more. Can we please get the good stuff some time soon. I know the game has only been out for a few months now (for places outside of Japan), but it would be nice to hear about when pokes like Genesect/Meloetta/Keldeo will be released.

On a somewhat random note, is it just me or is Justified a terrible ability? It certainly seems that way to me. Most of the Pokes that have that ability are already resistant to Dark Type moves. What kind of moron would attack a Justified Pokemon with a Dark Type move? I suppose it could be useful when going up against a Dark Pokemon. Taunt would certainly help with that. Of course you then have to hope that Dark Poke only knows Dark Attack moves. Again, seems pointless to me. Of course that isn't the only odd ability in the game (hello Klutz).

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Get we please get a few less gets in this thread? :p 

Sorry, sorry, I just found it amusing that it happened twice.

I'm not sure what's taking so long for Game Freak to deliver on any of the REAL event Pokemon. I'm not in a huge rush, but just one of the events would be cool to have. I'd even take more stuff like the Eeveelutions if it was just something mildly interesting.

18. Tirade

LOL, processing error on my part. Didn't even register until you pointed it out.

Yeah, would be nice to experience the cooler events. Although the Liberty Pass was a good start. I like me some Victini.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I bet all 8 Gyms in Pokemonm White, Iris was a pushover.

Thank god my Female Fraxure had Rivalry, One Dragon Dance and then Dragon Claw sweep to victory.

Should i teach Sesmitoad Bulldoze as I have to wait till after the Elite 4 to get Earthquake?

20. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Eevee-lutions are available for download on the website now.