POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watching the new Starters revealed in the new trailer I didn't really know if I liked them or not, but I guess it was just the old style photographic effect on them cause I liked their official photo looks. Looking forward to seeing the evolution lines for them and picking one cause right now I don't know what one I like more.

So I beat Shining Pearl's Pokemon League a while ago and since then I've just been having fun doing all the post game stuff. Going into the Underground every day to dig and catch National Dex Pokemon, STILL haven't found a Bulbasaur but I've got the other 3 grass starters. And I can honestly say I don't know when I'm going to feel 'done' with Shining Pearl to where I'm ready to close it and open up Legends Arceus.

2. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Nah, fuck California.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

This has got to be one of the most irrational things in this thread that doesn't come from a certain or else someone. Gotta have some next level bias/denial to not see the potential. Probably something politically related that has little to do with the state's natural beauty, wildlife, variety of destinations and cultural diversity.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I swear some people have no sense of respect for others.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

If we were to get another region based on the US, I'd rather have something like the Great Lakes region than California. Something away from the coast, but that can still have water sections.

6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

The States have lots of great locations, not going to lie. California/Pacific Northwest, Great Lakes, Florida, New England (though maybe too similar to Galar?) and the Midwest off the top of my head. I'd take any, just like California the best because it's practically a Pokémon region anyway. My friend's fan region seems like it would be very fun to play in too so if anything were like it I would be all in.

7. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I mean, when you get to it, most of the things Pokemon does are just new gimmicks for each edition.

Genders were gen 2's gimmick, day/night cycles were a gimmick and boy howdy did people complain back in Gen 3 when they were removed. On the other side, sky battles were a gimmick! Not. Not a well received one, but a gimmick all the same. Contests were a gimmick they kept trying to do stuff with which didn't work. Ride Pokemon are a gimmick that come and go depending on the game

Mega Evolutions are just, a well received gimmick that people wanted to see more of

(also if we're talking regions I still want multiple Australia regions. we could get at least 4 whole regions outta here honestly)

• Like Like x 1
  8. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Pokemon Scarlet Witch Pokemon Purple Man

• Like Like x 1
  9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    What I’m talking about is Megas, Z moves and G / D Max Pokémon. The battle gimmicks that change battles. I could care less if they are missing.

10. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

The current theory for the gimmick of gen 9 is type shifting.

The office room as a lot of alchemical/chemistry materials and tools, there is a circle in the main city square with all the types on it that seems to be the focal point, as well as a symbol seen in the game and in the office on paper.

Some think its changing typings of moves to get stab, I think its actual type changing.

Such as Sprigatito enters a battle against Fuecoco, with the gimmick item, Sprigatito or most likely its evolution can take on a ground type form to counter it. Of course it'd be limited to one type change period for specific Pokemon.

11. Mecheon

Weather was a gen 2 gimmick that changed battles, expanded on in Gen 3 and becoming a mainstay. Double Battles are a gimmick from gen 3 that have ended up the way competive battles were fought. Things being a gimmick doesn't mean folks won't embrace them, and mega evolutions absolutely resonated with people

Speaking of competitive, make sure to sign up on Sw/Sh for the next tournament

Also, pointless Mech-speculation on final evos:

Lots of folks have been guessing Sprigatio'll be an Ibirien Lynx, I suspect we'll get a fair bit of an extinct felid mixed in there. Region would suggest cave lion, but I reckon it'll probably just be smilodon fangs on a lynx-ish frame
    Fuecoco is pretty obviously, crocodile and could easily go that route, but I'm slightly (Ever so slightly) hoping we get a bit of Spinosauridae mixed in there. Spain is known for having fossils of 4 spinosaurs: Baryonyx, Camarillasaurus, Vallibonavenatrix and Iberospinus. Plus, well, spinosaurs are kind of in at the moment
    Quaxly is unquestionally going to end up a water bird and, well, swan or goose is the obvious go to, but I do hope for something else. Surprise me with a heron. However speculation is also it'll be Don Quixote inspired, or a knight

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Quaxly needs to evolve into a fanged terrorgoose!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Is there a Fan poll for the starters or something?

14. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

An interesting comparison on the visual change for characters in this game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's the case. But it almost looks like the shading or lighting isn't done on the trainers for S/V

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    This was an eventful day.

New games! Kinda strange one's called Scarlet since it's a bit redundant with Red.
    The stark difference between SwSh and PLA leaves me a bit unsure on what to expect from this game. Open world at least is encouraging.

Hot Pepper Gator is pretty amazing. Grass Cat is, well, a grass cat. The duck looks rather like Ducklett with a hat instead of a inner tube. I haven't been liking how "characterful" more recent starters have gotten (prefer the more animalistic earlier ones), so I'm a bit apprehensive on seeing what these things turn into.

Legends Arceus had a free content update! New missions, new mechanics, and that one Ginkgo salesman carries more than one item now! Thank god.

And I found a whopping 5 shinies today, wheee!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mecheon

Also interesting theory that the three new ones may have one of the alternate starter types added to them, given Fueccoco's got a bit of pepper or apple to him.

Fire/Grass crocodile is certainly interesting, plus going from that you'd get Water/Fire duck and Grass/Water cat.

(i just want some fun type combo and not just monotypes again)

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

What I wanna know is.... where's the new Eeveelutions?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Spain's pretty cool for a regional basis. Wonder how long it's gonna be until we get Germany or Italy

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Which will always get destroyed by California.

Nah, I just have zero respect for California. Which, I live in.