POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

133 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Gen 2

58 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Gen 3

53 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

35 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Gen 5

45 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Ok so I have just started the Crown Tundra but first checked what to expect from serebii.net.

I have a question, a fun one:

Which horse based Pokémon would you pick to make a "Horses of Apocalypse" team?

3. Autoboticon

Glastrier-Death
    Spectrier-Famine
    Shiny Rapidash-Conquest
    Shiny Galarian Rapidash-Pestilence
    Mudsdale-War

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Headmaster Compatible

Glastrier is the White Horse of Conquest while Spectrier is the Black Horse of Famine. The Red Horse of War must be original flavor Rapidash which only leaves the Pale Horse of Death. There's no perfect pick but I'll go with Zebstrika as struck down by lightning is about as pure death you can get without another Ghost type and Galarian Rapidash seems so underwhelming.

5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Say, this is a bit out of the blue but I found out someone I know is working on a fan region and they have a lot of ideas that they're having a hard time settling on so they'd like some pointers, especially in regards to gyms and their locations? So if there were a California based region, what might you guys here want to see?

Some details they already worked out:

- Starters are Grass frog, Water slug, Fire snake
    - First gym is Ground, at some point a big opponent will be Fairy and another Fire-type
    - They want to pay visits to Pokémon versions of San Francisco, Santa Monica, San Diego, San José, Los Angeles and Yosemite.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Poke Studios should be featured, as part of Unova was big on productions. There should be a massive city built completely around Theme Parks with favorite Pokemon and Pokemon productions, rides and other things like Gligar Man in place of Batman and the like. One of the gyms should be found inside of one of these Theme Parks, maybe a Steel type gym in a large castle. Gimmicks could include rides and tickets in order to reach the Gym Leader.

And that's all I've got right now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autoboticon

Right off the bat, when filling out a dex, to me personally, you need to delve deep into the ecosystem of the area you are basing it off of.

What main fauna and flora are found, are there any national animals or plants? What are myths like in the area, are there cryptids, old legends or ghost stories? What creatures would best thrive here and best symbolize the region? That leads into where they can be encountered, which then helps to figure out gym typings and order. This place as a lot of water types, perhaps a water gym is here, if not maybe a grass or fire gym to change the difficulty of it.

Then depending how close the setup of the region is to its actual counterpart, as well as figuring out type density and pokemon encountering. You can figure out what kind of people would live in this area, that bests reflects the pokemon that surround them. Do they work and use them in daily lives or do they avoid them, revere them in any way.

It might sound like a lot, but answering these questions helps when creating.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Autoboticon

• Like Like x 1
  9. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

10. Edwardmus Prime

That's actually pretty similar to something they came up with. Hopefully they don't mind me saying this, but there's a bit they thought of based on Disney.
    This is really good stuff. You see it in the games all the time how gyms relate to the area around and what Pokémon are in the immediate area.

They chose California because of its large amount of cool places and the animals who live there. There's such an overwhelming number of species and cool real world locations that it's hard to settle, so I'm thinking that they should have multiple locations in each "biome" before settling on a gym which suits the overall area with its Pokémon and the vibe of the city it's based on.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Well who wouldn't think of that. You could make an entire region inside Disneyworld/Disneyland alone, if you wanted to make it as small as the Orange Archepelago from the Anime.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Yeah, it's one of those things that really jump out. It's a pretty common train of thought to want to go to Disneyland. It's pre-themed for new Pokémon biomes and everything.

13. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Anyone collect Japanese cards?

14. MetalRyde

So I've been having a lot of fun with Crown Tundra in Sword and Shield. Two days ago, I got Regieleki in Sword and Regidrago in Shield. I didn't know how the new Regis fit in with the other Regis but I looked closer at them, not looking up info just staring at them and I remembered the older Regis are based on hard elements and realized the new ones are energy based elements. Awesome! And Regieleki battle animation for Thunder Cage is pretty awesome.

So once I got all 5 Regis, I went after Reggie Fils-Aimé I MEAN Regigigas and after I caught it, I checked to see what nature it had, which for years I haven't done because I don't mind what nature my Pokémon get, and I lucked out and it has an ADAMANT nature. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. I sent both Regieleki and Regidrago to Shield for another Regigigas. Quirky nature this time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  16. MetalRyde

...not even if I was a billionaire would I buy that for that much.

$360,000, that's a freakin' house!!!