POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

130 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. Gen 2

56 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

52 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Gen 4

34 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Gen 5

43 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Well I guess as a team we all need to get hunting and breed! Ups the 2% chance if we’re all hunting!

2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    There is some guys near a cliff crevice that will dig for 500 watts. They occasionally dig up the fossils. That is how I got a bird fossil.

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I've seen some who have been comparing the models ripped from Sw/Sh to the 3DS models as well, and for the most part they are identical.

4. marvel b

News Credits:
    The best words to describe Rose's non-business clothes was by YouTuber Alpharad.

"Man, he is REALLY rocking that Dad bod!"

"He almost looks like a marvel superhero when they try and go incognito in the movies"

I seriously do find his casual wear hilarious! Especially his shorts! I honestly thought he was just in his boxers the first time, lol!

Keep in mind, I only got three gyms in at this post, and I'm not sure how everyone is going about with it.

5. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Update on this:

The stones do respawn, but not all of them at once. I got about half as many today as I did yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz #BringBackNationalDex

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    So I’m definitely not the only one who compared Rose to Tony Stark...

...Which would, of course, make Oleana Pepper...

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

News Credits:
    Ineed, you're not.

I also can't help but see Leon, Hop and Bede as Allmight (the goalpost to beat), Deku (Imma be just like him) and Bakugo (Imma be BETTER than him!) respectively. Milo is %100 Mirio tho. Can't convince me otherwise.

Not sure about Marney, though. She seems okay, but I haven't witness enough of her yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Just beat Milo, went back to the Wild Area to try my luck at some raids and see if G-Max Butterfree/Drednaw spawn again since they keep getting away.

Ran into a Dreepy in a raid and successfully caught him! Now I have him to use for the main game way earlier!!

9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz #BringBackNationalDex

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    All 7 Ash Hat Pikachus are in Sword/Shield

• Like Like x 1
  10. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    What's this I hear about SW/SH sometimes erasing the sd card and bricking consoles?

11. Sparky Prime

The sd cards getting corrupted apparently has to do with how it is formatted. If it's formatted as exFAT, there's a chance it could get corrupted. If it's formatted as FAT32, it should be fine. I've also seen some reports suggesting it's only the digital copies of Sw/Sh that have been corrupting the sd card.

I haven't heard reports it has actually bricked any consoles. Supposedly that's an over exaggeration, but some Switch's have crashed.

And it was causing some Roku TV's to crash, but Roku was quick to release an update to fix that problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SomeAsshole

SomeAsshole Banned

Pokemon gotta catch em all?? Well this thread title has aged like rotten milk. I've played through pokemon sword and I felt sooo fucking upset,insulted and disappointed by this game. The haters were right, the game was lackluster mediorce trash. I tried my best to stay optimistic to this game but I lost it. The lies after researching into the controversy was the last straw. I was so disgusted by gamefreak lies showing there true colors. Pokemon has gone down hill since gen 6 ever since iwatta passed. Now gamefreak is taking advantage of there laziness more than ever. The lack of the national dex,the so called high quality animations while they are recycled trash from the 3ds games, the lack of post game content when you complete it,The easy difficulty and forced exp share,the low par graphics that are really jarring and noticeable and now the game accidently whipping out your ENTIRE sd card due to bad programing? Hwo fucking outrageous. This is just a 3ds game on a home console. Why would you buy this cash grab when you can buy a game that puts actual effort in development like Luigi mansion 3??? Pokemon black and white 2??? Pokemon ORAS. Fuck Igns shilled review of this game and fuck there channel in general. LOL TOO MUCH WATERRR REEEEEE THE GAME IS SOO BAD 7/10 WAIT SWORD AND SHIELD CUT THE ENTIRE NATIONAL DEX??? WHAT!!!! NEVERMIND THATS JUST A SILLY NITPICK 9/10 BUY THE GAME!1!1!1!1 FUCK ign' s backass logic. The dislikes are justified. Never did I know that the same company that created my first and favorite game Pokemon emerald would end up becoming a shell of its former self. I cant see why people is defending this game. Infact I see agruments on the internet so brain fucking dead and incomptent it baffles me how stupid a human being could get to the point i dont take the defence sword and shield seriously anymore. If you enjoy the games thats fine enjoy m8 but im choosing the logical decision not support a dishonest and lazy company..I don't hate gamefreak but I'm just really pissed off with them with there lies and dishonesty to there own fan base that has been supporting and keeping them alive for all these years. Sorry if i I just shitted on this thread and being pretty vulgar but I just had to let this out.

Oh you know what else aged liked rotten milk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best switch launch beating smash bros!

• Like Like x 1
  14. marvel b

News Credits:
    The power of Wooloo is strong! This makes me happy. Thanks for sharing it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Super Smash Bros: "I don't understand. Why? Why did you cut half the roster? Why isn't everyone here?"

Pokémon: "To measure my abilities."

• Like Like x 1
  16. SomeAsshole

SomeAsshole Banned

Wow that is just depressing news to hear. Sakurai and the smash team worked so hard on ultimate only be outsaled by a rushed,half baked game it’s kinda sad. Because they know Pokémon will sell like hot cakes regardless of quality. I just find it so undeserving. I don’t see Pokémon improving anytime soon now.

17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

You know, the EXP Share isn't really a problem, I've only ever been 1 or 2 levels higher than the rivals/leaders.

Still enjoying the game, Hullbury is quaint and the Wild Area is still engaging.

Gamefreak, I assume, is aware what needs to be done for Pokemon's future, really interested to see if/how they improve the Wild Area feature in the next gen.

Also caught a shiny Galarian Meowth on the second encounter of it!

• Like Like x 3
  18. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Playing Shield version, just defeated Allister. But I had a really difficult time with it due to one fact: I completely forgot he had a Mimikyu even though he was shown with one in the marketing. As such, my team consisting primarily of dark types ended up getting quite a clobbering due to this since nobody in my team had something to deal with Mimikyu's ghost/fairy typing.

19. Sparky Prime

Unfortunately, I am finding that it's making the game too easy for me. My team is around 5 levels above all my opponents with where I'm at in the game. Even a couple new additions to my team are basically already on-par. Haven't done any grinding either, just battling trainers I come across and catching Pokemon.

Speaking of catching Pokemon... After beating the first Gym, I went back to the Wild Area just to see if there was anything new I could do there. The first badge allows you catch Pokemon up to level 25, and the first Pokemon I encountered was 26. I mean, I get it's a roadblock so you can't get really high level Pokemon early in the game, but common. One measly level, and that makes it too strong for me to catch?

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The Pokedex entry on the fossils tries to put it forward that your mismatched horrors totally looked like that back in the day, oh yep, and it's just some unfortunate evolutionary courses that led to their extinction. But this lady, Cara Liss ('careless', natch) is misusing an extremely meaningful technology and coercing trainers to spread her fraudulent theories. You should do your godless fish-head-on-a-tail a favour and report her to the police right away.

• Like Like x 3