POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

What TV brands are you guys using? I just beat the game less than an hour ago (almost 30 hours on the dot, as it turns out) entirely on a (Hisense) Roku TV without any issues.

2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

My question is why the hell are the data transfers of the roku TV *literaly the only thing that it could be as it doesn't happen when Sword and Shield are being played* tied to their fricken boot cycle?

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Mine is an Insignia.

From what I've read online, this issue is somehow a result of the local wireless signal Sw/Sh puts out. I've never had this issue with any other game. Putting the Switch into airplane mode seems to be the only band-aid fix at the moment...

4. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I understand that.. and still not sure what the game could be doing here.. but it still begs the question. WHY does the TV have a wireless data transfer -directly- relating to it's boot cycle.

I mean... this seems like one of those absurdities that show a different problem as well.

5. Sparky Prime

It isn't directly related to the boot cycle actually. When the TV turns itself back on, it will freeze before restarting itself again. The power cycling is just the TV rebooting itself, trying to self-correct whatever the problem is.

6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Ah thank you, that makes more sense. I was over-thinking it.

7. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

• Like Like x 1
  8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:

Not surprised it was hacked, maybe a little on the speed but it was going to happen. all previous gens were so it really was only a matter of time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CyberBlade507

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I.e., most people don’t know what they’re buying, especially with something as pervasive and targeted towards children like Pokémon.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    So my Girlfriend and I already have 20 hours in the game. She plays Shield on TV while I play Sword in portable mode. We really enjoy raids but it kinda makes they game easier. We play like 10 raids between gyms.

13. Sparky Prime

Roku has begun releasing a software update that should fix the problem Sw/Sh has been causing for their TVs...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Or they don't give a fuck. I know I didn't.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Shield's going well. Kicking the crud out of this prick called Bede, thinking this Chairman dude is another Lusamine though with less jellyfish, reached the Ice gym and oh my Melony is a cutie, and now I must go forth and train for the next fool who looks at me funny.

Sword starting up now, this time planned for Hop (Scorbunny), Nevermore (Corviknight), Nemo (Arrocuda), Five-a-Day (Flapple), Guitar Hero (Toxtricity) and Meringue (Alcremie). Another excuse to floor Bede is good enough for me.

16. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

So after a few days of fatherhood and my partner and I having our heads up our arse figuring out how to cope with looking after a baby, we’ve got into a pattern where I’m basically doing night shifts and feeding him and keeping him calm while she sleeps, and then in the morning I have a huge lie in after a take over. What this means is I’ve been able to sink my teeth into Pokemon while she’s sleeping in my arms!

Just got past the first gym, I didn’t think I cared about dynamaxing but the spectacle of it and how they present it in a stadium really ramps up the hype. Like that it’s not a main stay for the outside of the game, but yeah I quiet enjoyed getting to use it.

Found my farfetch’d and saw on twitter you could evolve him really easy, just taught her focus energy, had it hold a leek, and used wobbuffet as a critical hit punch bag- 3 crits in and I have my Sirfetch’d.

Really loving the small details in this, how the Pokemon come up to you and just “have a look” at you sometimes, and then others who just charge at you. Just got the bike and heading to the next town but think I might go back the wild area for a little explore when I next get on it.

17. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ok; I'm liking the game overall but they REALLY need to stop with the ridiculously low encounter rates for new 'mons.

The new Dragon thing only has a 2% chance of appearing in one corner of the wild if you're looking DURING A THUNDERSTORM. that's just moronic...

• Like Like x 2
  18. CyberBlade507

Basically all the dragons/pseudo-legendaries are like that in this game, just with different conditions. Hope you like waiting for the right weather in the specific location. Then there's the version exclusive ones...

Thankfully, at least it's possible for one of it's evolutions to show up as an overworld spawn during normal rain. Still pretty rare, but at least you don't have to go through the random encounters.

On a related note, I only just yesterday noticed that most of the standing stones in that area have an evolutionary stone next to/behind them as "hidden"/sparkling items.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Do those items respawn over time or something? I found 2 Fossils in that general area and I was hoping i could farm for more.

the combining Fossil pieces method is cool but FINDING fossils to combine remains a chore. I really REALLY miss that Sinnoh Underground minigame where you could just dig them up. If/when we get Gen 4 remakes they'd better keep that in...

• Like Like x 1
  20. CyberBlade507

Honestly don't know regarding item spawning/respawning. I don't think I've found any fossils in the area since the first time early in my playthrough. For the stones, I only realized they were there late yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to check since.